• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Wtf Did I do to my sho? New exhaust makes my car sound like a rice burner

Started by 14SHOCAR, May 08, 2015, 08:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

I will have an update for everyone tomorrow. So far so good. I can't believe how much better my car sounds.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOnUup

It's not the tune?

What a shame that's the go to fix for some.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Larrylu

Quote from: jkeblaitis on May 19, 2015, 09:19:30 PM
https://youtu.be/-tAiyCbteeM
Here is my 2013 SHO with the black tip Corsa exhaust and stock downpipes
I think it sounds as good as any that I've listened to. No I haven't heard any that sound like a V8, and it's a little too pronounced for my DD, but it's not raspy and it burbles nicely when cruising around. Not bad!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

14SHOCAR

Quote from: SHOnUup on May 20, 2015, 06:57:04 AM
It's not the tune?

What a shame that's the go to fix for some.

Rich

Rich -- It is the tune. It was also the down pipes. The rasp hands down were the down pipes. The tune could never adjust the the stainless works down pipes. NO matter what tune files I selected, it was still unhappy....  I still think I was hitting the max boost capabilities of the turbos at WOT because of the lack of back pressure or the 93 3 bar tune V8 tune is not compatible with the decrease in back pressure.

Either way -- the car is happy this morning on the drive in and I did do a WOT after the car was warm and I had NO sputter. I"ll be trying the 93 3 bar tune this week to see if it plays nicely with my revised setup.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

ShoBoat

Glad to hear it's back in fighting form and you are happy with the exhaust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOnUup

Gotcha...worst downpipes on the market get taken off and it's fine now. But the tune is suppose to adjust to them? I'm confused.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

14SHOCAR

Quote from: SHOnUup on May 20, 2015, 10:12:20 AM
Gotcha...worst downpipes on the market get taken off and it's fine now. But the tune is suppose to adjust to them? I'm confused.

Rich

Yes. I don't think the down pipes are made with bad quality. If you look at my post for the down pipes they are very well built. The Livernois catless downpipes have a similar level of rasp... I'm convinced that the studder problem exists with the tune, or maxing out the capabilities of the stock turbo or fuel delivery system on the car. The tune controls the engine's performance. If the car is studdering -- there is something wrong with the tune / adaptive learning.

The plugs, the fuel, the intake, the map sensor, the 02 sensors are ALL the same on the car and its working fine now with the increased back pressure.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

SHOnUup

Seems there'd be a line of people complaining then wouldn't you think. I'm pretty sure you're not the first one to put downpipes on. Maybe more people can chime in on their experience with the V series tunes and downpipes.

Rich

ZSHO

I hope to god this is a permanent fix to say the least even after ten pages,another note to mention,did you ever wonder why there the cheapest DP around catted or not,because my first set were stage 3 catted DP and set codes up like a christmas tree,have the catted DP from EPP,Mike.B for well over a year and no codes and great overall quality as expected. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I would schedule an appt with your service advisor especially now that you have your original DP on and take care of any recalls if not done already,another thought is you might need to re-program your PCM to the latest calibration software,(update),hope this helps any. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14SHOCAR

I'm going to the 3 bar MAP + 3 bar tune tonight. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

-Brenton
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

AJP turbo

You are nowhere near the capabilities of the stock turbos with a livernois 3 bar tune with or without downpipes
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

14SHOCAR

What would everyone's day be like without a little trouble from me?

When I tried to tune my car back to a tune that had the rear 02 sensor turned on...the tune failed with:

I was told to update the tuner with the update tuner application and I got:

Livernois is replacing my tuner free of cost -->

ok there is good news. I tried updating the tuner a second time, and it loaded the tune files correctly into the tuner. I then loaded my car back to factory... then the 93 octane 3 bar v8 tune. ITS RUNNING! lol.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)