• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Wtf Did I do to my sho? New exhaust makes my car sound like a rice burner

Started by 14SHOCAR, May 08, 2015, 08:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11BLKFX4EB

Quote from: ajpturbo on May 09, 2015, 02:09:46 AM
Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on May 09, 2015, 12:19:37 AM
Yes, i would say the stainless works down pipes are your culprit. I hate the sound of those things. Raspy as hell.
but if you decide to sell the Corsa cb, I got dibs! Lol

Oh my god dude really?..the mufflers make the noise change....dude u wouldn't even know I have an exhaust on my car
yes, really. I will guarantee you the raspiness is due to the downpipes. The Corsa exhaust has the best sound with hardly any raspiness. SW has been known for this on eco applications. Trust me, I have a friend that works there.
2014 SHO w/ PP Platinum White
Unleashed tuned, H&R Springs, 35% tint, Corsa catback coming...

2015 Explorer Sport Magnetic Metallic-stock...for now.

J-Will

rasp comes from the muffler or lack thereof.  DPs allow for more volume and flow, but drone a rasp are put under control by a muffler.  That is the point of a muffler. 
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

southtxSHO

s*** I tried two different exhausts and didn't like the ricer sound. Went back to stock ... and from my experience magnaflow sounded less ricey than the corsa.
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

jayskycj

I have catted ppe's, magnaflow X (removed resonator/muffler) stock muffs. Good compromise, still have whistle, quiet rumble, no rice.
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

southtxSHO

Quote from: jayskycj on May 09, 2015, 11:18:49 AM
I have catted ppe's, magnaflow X (removed resonator/muffler) stock muffs. Good compromise, still have whistle, quiet rumble, no rice.
Vid ?
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

jayskycj

2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

southtxSHO

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

jayskycj

Quote from: southtxSHO on May 09, 2015, 12:52:16 PM
Wow sounds really good

Thanks.  Sorry don't have a drive by, but I think it keeps the integrity of a "luxury" sedan, quiet but just enough noise.

southtxSHO

Quote from: jayskycj on May 09, 2015, 12:55:49 PM
Quote from: southtxSHO on May 09, 2015, 12:52:16 PM
Wow sounds really good

Thanks.  Sorry don't have a drive by, but I think it keeps the integrity of a "luxury" sedan, quiet but just enough noise.
I definitely agree , thanks for sharing
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

ZSHO

I am simply making observations with my setup on my sig which to me sounds pretty darn good,noticed when returning to stock tune the car sounds a bit louder with a deeper tone,when having the tune active its a little bit more subtle cause the tune disables the rear 02 sensors which adjusts the AFR and then affecting the changes in sound distinction,(level). Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ShoBoat

I really like the sound of my Corsa cat back. I don't have the DP as of yet. But that is next on my list. I have received lost of complements on how my SHO sounds. But to each his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

2Canches

First video on this thread sounded killer.  Seconded video sounded soft. 

Ya exhausts.  Never sound like what you thought you wanted in real life

Sent from my 📱 non ➕ using Tapatalk in 🇨🇦

14SHOCAR

I'm talking with my tuner to see what I can do. To make the issue worse the LMS tuner didnt allow me load the new tune files... Ugh bad weekend for my car. Do you think the cat delete will lower the rasp? I got videos coming. It's horrible.

Also I am seriously considering selling my cat back. So pm me if you want a killer deal on very lightly used corsa cat back. I am going to dyno it before I take it off, however.

I'm still thinking of keeping my DPS and going back to factory for cat back.

Brenton
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

14SHOCAR

15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

14SHOCAR

Here it is gents...its still uploading to youtube... but it will be there shortly.
http://youtu.be/128SB_RY0UQ
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)