• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Finally got the TUNE......

Started by MJESHO, May 01, 2015, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJESHO

Installed Unleashed 93 octane tune last night & the car is so freakin' FAST!!!  It's unbelievable!!!

I totally understand what everyone says about "falling in love with the car all over again" & "you should've done it sooner"!!!

EVERYONE that has a SHO must get a tune...........it's as simple as that............

Thank you Torrie for everything!!

Mark
2013 Ruby Red Metallic PP SHO
New 3.5TT motor thanks to Ford
K&N Short Ram Intake
2-12" HiFonics woofers w/ HiFonics mono amp  Debadged

MJESHO

I would like to add that ALL Ecoboosted vehicles should get a tune...........didn't mean to leave out the XSports or the F150s or the MKSs, etc.........

Mark
2013 Ruby Red Metallic PP SHO
New 3.5TT motor thanks to Ford
K&N Short Ram Intake
2-12" HiFonics woofers w/ HiFonics mono amp  Debadged

panther427

It is an amazing feeling that first drive after a tune.  Especially if its your first forced induction motor and even more so with a turbo.  Its not like a n.a. motor where you might get 10 or maybe 20 horse power. A tune on these motor is like awakening sleeping fire breathing Dragon you didn't know about. And the car drives normal when you drive normal. the perma 😀 grin strike again
2013 SHO

SHOnUup

Great to hear!

The power add is awesome.

One thing that stands out in a huge way to me also...the shifting in normal driving conditions. Makes you wonder what Ford was thinking with such a great improvement that doesn't feel harsh at all.

Boost on!!!

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Great to hear the good news,would of gave you an extra map sensor that i have LOL,enjoy.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on May 01, 2015, 11:33:45 AM
Great to hear!

One thing that stands out in a huge way to me also...the shifting in normal driving conditions. Makes you wonder what Ford was thinking with such a great improvement that doesn't feel harsh at all.

Boost on!!!

Rich
FYI, the 2015 shifts much better than the 2013.

In fact, it behaves very similar to the Torrie tuned 2013.

Lots of little improvements overall...

TSS

Quote from: panther427 on May 01, 2015, 11:03:22 AMEspecially if its your first forced induction motor and even more so with a turbo.  Its not like a n.a. motor where you might get 10 or maybe 20 horse power. A tune on these motor is like awakening sleeping fire breathing Dragon you didn't know about.n

Well said. I have tried to explain this numerous times, often times I am looked at like I am exaggerating.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Wilson

Welcome to the club! Unbelievable how much Ford left on the table with these cars.

Wilson

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SHOnUup

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 01, 2015, 01:16:49 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on May 01, 2015, 11:33:45 AM
Great to hear!

Boost on!!!

Rich
FYI, the 2015 shifts much better than the 2013.

In fact, it behaves very similar to the Torrie tuned 2013.

Lots of little improvements overall...
That's good to hear...only took em 5 years to turn those granny shifts up a bit.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: MJESHO on May 01, 2015, 10:37:22 AM
Installed Unleashed 93 octane tune last night & the car is so freakin' FAST!!!  It's unbelievable!!!

I totally understand what everyone says about "falling in love with the car all over again" & "you should've done it sooner"!!!

EVERYONE that has a SHO must get a tune...........it's as simple as that............

Thank you Torrie for everything!!

Mark
Are you going to datalog and retune?

Oh, and give the tune a few days, it will get better....

anthonylee337

Just about every SHO owner has some sort of tune so it makes me wonder-did Ford leave room for tunes on purpose and is now not responsible for engine damage/replacement? I bet as high as 80 percent of SHO owners have flashed their computer at least once.  Going to a new engine design with direct injection and now the manufacturer doesn't have to honor a engine/power train warranty! Just a thought.
2013 SHO tuxedo black ppkg LMS stage 4 K+N

SHOdded

Quote from: anthonylee337 on May 03, 2015, 04:39:42 PM
Going to a new engine design with direct injection and now the manufacturer doesn't have to honor a engine/power train warranty!
I think you are confusing Ford with GM ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

anthonylee337

I know the difference between Ford and GM I was just trying to figure out why Ford left so much room for tuning. If these cars would've been tuned right from the factory we would see a lot more on the streets

panther427

Protect the mustang power numbers????
2013 SHO

anthonylee337

That's definitely a thought but the SHO was made to compete with large luxury sports sedans