• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Finally got the TUNE......

Started by MJESHO, May 01, 2015, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

The oems including ford would never push these cars to the extent we have...8-10 psi is quite normal for factory boosted cars...maybe you are new to turbos but all previous factory turbo cars left plenty on the table and pretty much any car I can think with a factory turbo had another 80 horse power in it.

It's the same reason wrx doesn't come with 400 hp, Toyota supras didn't have 400hp, Acura RDX doesn't have 380hp, gti don't have 320, Mazda speed3 don't have 380...should I go on?...all of those are realistic crank hp goals from increasing the boost on stock turbos.

The oems Aren't into pushing fuel systems and transmissions and chassis to the max for the sake of a few boy racers.

350hp , 10:1 compression , plenty of torque,  seats 5 ,4400lbs , all weather performance, and 25 mpg highway all on 87 octane...not bad...don't think they left too much on the table for the average guy

Now have your 450hp ...you need premium fuel . Mpg will suffer a little and fuel system is heavily taxed and running at full bore with your average 3 bar tune, running torque levels that exceed what the 6f55 is rated for and people complaining of wheel hop and axle and tranny damage...yep ford left a lot on the table and is stupid lol...come on
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

anthonylee337

Well said and you're right this is my first turbo car-def makes sense but ask yourself this could you really go back to the stock tune and enjoy your car? My tune is why I still have my SHO
2013 SHO tuxedo black ppkg LMS stage 4 K+N

AJP turbo

Quote from: anthonylee337 on May 03, 2015, 07:48:06 PM
Well said and you're right this is my first turbo car-def makes sense but ask yourself this could you really go back to the stock tune and enjoy your car? My tune is why I still have my SHO

Sure and thousands of people enjoy a stock sho...nothing wrong with a 14 flat 1/4 mile and peace of mind of a stock vehicle...that being said...I have peace of mind and I run the piss out of mine...been tuning and modding too long to not be comfortable with it

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Rich196

TORRIE is the man... NO better tune IMO..

2013 Taurus SHO w/PP, K&N Intake, PPE catted. downpipes, AIS water/meth kit (trunk mounted) ,H&R lowering springs,170 stat, 3-bar sensor, TORRIE UNLEASHED TUNED !!!  12.14 @116mph. Stay tuned for the 11's (with stock turbo's)................

AJP turbo

That's hardcore....nice freaking run...you have any datalogs?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Wild13SHO

Rich, nice run!  Was that in the heat and humid weather today or yesterday? If it was you need to head back later this week when it cools off.
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

Wilson

BEAUTIFUL run!  Go get those 11s!

Wilson

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

Rich196

Thanks guy's, sorry I did not log when I ran, my mistake. Those runs i made were in the fall when the weather was good. I also had a nasty head wind, and I weigh 255lbs, wish I had a lighter driver...LOL

2013 Taurus SHO w/PP, K&N Intake, PPE catted. downpipes, AIS water/meth kit (trunk mounted) ,H&R lowering springs,170 stat, 3-bar sensor, TORRIE UNLEASHED TUNED !!!  12.14 @116mph. Stay tuned for the 11's (with stock turbo's)................

ZSHO

Quote from: Rich196 on May 13, 2015, 11:55:58 AM
Thanks guy's, sorry I did not log when I ran, my mistake. Those runs i made were in the fall when the weather was good. I also had a nasty head wind, and I weigh 255lbs, wish I had a lighter driver...LOL
Whats up Rich how's the ride treating you,last time we met at the track wasnt able to hang around it was just to cold,keep me updated and we can meet up again. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

68_GT

Nice that's moving out for sure !

how much money do you think you have in your meth kit if you don't mine me asking ? I know I could install one I put a NX wet kit on my 03 Cobra engine a few years ago.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler