• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Taurus - Could This Be It?

Started by jayskycj, April 14, 2015, 10:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayskycj

Check out this article.  The front end on this thing, getting weak in the knees looking at it!

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/04/future-cars-putting-sho-into-fords-all.html

2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

jtoddk98

That rendering just looks like a stretched fusion without the Aston grill. It's more Fusion ST then Taurus SHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

sunwolf

The thing has to be 10 feet tall. Look at the size of the wheels relative to the fender height. We don't have nearly that much fender and our car is already tall AF.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

SHO-Time

Kind of stretched Fusion with a 2014 GT500-esque front end...I like it.
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

DakotaSHO

2011 SHO- Roush cai
2011 Ford Mustang GT - Boss im, Kooks LT's, Circle D 4C converter, JLT cai ~ 11.7@117mph
SOLD - 2011 Ford Taurus SHO (non pp)
LMS catless downpipes, windstorm cai, 160 Tstat, SP534 Plugs,3 bar, LMS 4+ tune, rear muffler delete
Best et: 13.09@105mph on LMS 93 4x tune

CroR1

font end is a killer with that bumper, if it is the one. all those spy shots and covered front bumper we saw earlier made it look ugly.

BiGMaC

Overall I do love this front clip ...but it has too much Lexus look and I hate where the blue oval is.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

panther427

I like the look. It has some strong ties to the current s Taurus and fusion. Personally I'm really happy that the oval isn't on the grill.   I'm not a fan of the oversized and in your face manufacture emblems that some are using. 
2013 SHO

14SHOCAR

I would totally sell my 2014 for the 2016 if this is what it looks like....

18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

mval

tom:
don't mind the oval. love the front but a bear to keep clean. what i don't like is the chrome strip along the bottom. almost no chrome on the car other than window sills & then this big chrome spear out of nowhere, for my 2 cents much better off with out it. the only way it would work is if wheels where black & chrome, not pure black or pure chrome but a combo.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

MJESHO

Please please be the next SHO.........I'll gladly part with my '13 for the updated '16!!!
2013 Ruby Red Metallic PP SHO
New 3.5TT motor thanks to Ford
K&N Short Ram Intake
2-12" HiFonics woofers w/ HiFonics mono amp  Debadged

IHeartGroceries

Is this just an artist rendering? Or is that an existing physical concept model?

I like the look. It actually retains similar body lines as the outgoing model. Like the bastard child of Fusion and Taurus.

But it still looks like a very large car. I hope overall exterior dimensions are reduced from the existing body style. Or, if you're going to have such gargantuan exterior proportuins, at least give us a proportionately spaced interior. Why auch a big car with average interior space, I'll never understand.
2013 SHO PP

sunwolf

On the gen 4 they really could have cut a foot out of the trunk to put another foot of leg room in the back and I don't think anyone would complain.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

jtoddk98

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 15, 2015, 11:27:25 AM
Is this just an artist rendering? Or is that an existing physical concept model?

I like the look. It actually retains similar body lines as the outgoing model. Like the bastard child of Fusion and Taurus.

But it still looks like a very large car. I hope overall exterior dimensions are reduced from the existing body style. Or, if you're going to have such gargantuan exterior proportuins, at least give us a proportionately spaced interior. Why auch a big car with average interior space, I'll never understand.
Its a rendering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

2011TAURUSSEL

Media reporting a major announcement for the Chinese Taurus on Saturday the 18th.  I would hopefully expect some announcement for US model soon after.