• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Taurus - Could This Be It?

Started by jayskycj, April 14, 2015, 10:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courier6

I like the even stance, don't look like the ass end is jacked up. It would be nice not to have to change springs for a change.
2013 Tri-White PP, PPE downpipes, Corsa, Air Raid CAI, H&R Springs, 170 deg thermo, Livernois Dyno Tune 365 AWHP 407 AWTQ. Best 1/4 mile 12.580

markssho

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

ShoBoat

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

markssho

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

jayskycj

2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

PokerMunkee

Jalopnik's headline is funny.  More pics:

http://jalopnik.com/2016-ford-taurus-this-is-it-1698676780?rev=1429374117537

"Car News China debuted the new 2016 Ford Taurus, and it looks like a Fusion and an Audi had a baby."
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

Scott13SHO

More links...

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/04/all-new-2016-ford-taurus-previewed.html

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fap/cn/en/news/2015/04/18/New_Taurus_Revealed_in_Shanghai.html

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115041892432/2016-ford-taurus-officially-revealed

I like it (though I'm not sure if I'd get another Taurus to replace my SHO down the road), but I suspect that the fascias will be slightly different in the US vs China.

The styling is similar to like we have currently, except its gone under lipo to get rid of the puffiness the current car has some from some angles from its being on a CUV platform.
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

jtoddk98

In my opinion. It's terrible. It's too bland. It's just a stretched fusion. The rear end is especially bad, the tail lights look like they came off a Jag XF. I'd take a 2015 model over this any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

Scott13SHO

Quote from: jtoddk98 on April 19, 2015, 01:20:33 AM
In my opinion. It's terrible. It's too bland. It's just a stretched fusion. The rear end is especially bad, the tail lights look like they came off a Jag XF. I'd take a 2015 model over this any day.

Too bland?

And the Fusion thrown in for good measure

IMO the new Taurus doesn't look that different from the current one and improves upon it. Some colors don't show off the lines of the car that well. The rear is slightly boring, but I'm not going to be looking at that most of the time anyways.

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

CL Donttry

If it looks like that I'm telling a new SHO is in my future. I think Taurus is one of the most underrated cars today I think this design gets panned to much by car mags. But if that what the new one looks like count me in.
Dbad1
2012 Taurus SHO modified, K&N CAI,3bar,LMS thermostat, NGK gapped plugs, Unleased DP, LMS Thunderstorm Cat back,LMS 4 plus tune, EBC slotted cross drilled rotors, MGP caliper covers, SHO hood graphics, Chrome grill inserts, Continential Purecontact tires
2010 BMW 528 Xdrive
2015 GMC Sierra SLE

Wilson

Loving the new grill, but the rear is like the designers were at work late Friday and said "screw it, slap the Fusion taillights on so we can go grab some beers".

Now if that conceptual drawing of the SHO with the badass front splitter is real, I may forgive them, LOL.

Did anyone notice the non-SHO is getting the 2.7L @ 325hp? Hopefully we're looking at a 400hp+ 3.5L (please dear god make it longitudinal this time) in the SHO.
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

jtoddk98

Don't get me wrong. I do like it, I just wish it didn't have to have the same design language as the fusion. And silver probably isn't the best color to show off a cars design. Hopefully Ford will do something very special for the SHO. Highly doubt it will have a longitudinal engine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

PokerMunkee

Hopefully next SHO packs the Raptor's 450HP+ engine and the Focus RT's AWD system.  That would be awesome. 
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

panther427

Forgot about the trans options. Proper brakes and  sport seats options
2013 SHO

SHOnUup

No more fender badge...I liked it.
Lower grille loses definition now to me also...almost too wide or something.

I do like that the rear 1/4 doesn't seem to be as huge and plain as current models.

Actually a little dissapointed with the look...that could all change with a stout 3.5 setup though.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.