• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

93 stage 4x or 4 plus

Started by dash90, February 25, 2015, 08:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dash90

What are the differences between the two stages? Is it just more power and output

SHOnUup

This would be a good question to put in the Livernois section.

I'm thinking the 4 plus has no torque management as where the 4x is with...I could be remembering wrong though.

I run the 4PX daily...love it

Rich
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

dash90

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 25, 2015, 08:15:06 PM

I'm thinking the 4 plus has no torque management as where the 4x is without...I could be remembering wrong though.

Rich

Rich, I just want to say thank you for always responding back to my questions lol

SHOnUup

Quote from: dash90 on February 25, 2015, 08:17:27 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on February 25, 2015, 08:15:06 PM

I'm thinking the 4 plus has no torque management as where the 4x is without...I could be remembering wrong though.

Rich

Rich, I just want to say thank you for always responding back to my questions lol
No problem.

Trying to carry some of the torch as others did for me when I was full of questions.

We have an introduction area here for you to introduce yourself and show off some pics of the ride. Maybe share some of the goals you're trying to achieve with the ecoboost.

Bunch of wizards around here to help with most any questions you have.

Best of luck with the ecoboost, and be sure to keep us posted on the new feel. I'm sure you'll be sporting a pretty good grin for the next few days, along with eyeing up the cars next to at intersections.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

BlackJac

Not sure if the XSport tunes are named different, but this is what I was sent for tunes,  "91 and 93 octane performance tunes for the thermostat and 3 bar as well as a 93 tow". Not sure if these are also named by stages???
2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

Bosscav

Welcome Dash!

Here's how I describe it to friends (and Rich step in if I'm wrong)...

Consider a scale of 1-10, 10 being totally balls out and potentially dangerous to longevity. Ford sends us these cars at a 6.5. It's good, safe, and best of all, it lasts a long time. What Livernois does is with the 4+ 93 they turn the dial up to 8. Very respectable, quick, and still very safe.

Now, 4X 93 (with 3 bar MAP sensor) turns it up to 9.5 BUT does so while still retaining the safety and longevity of the engine.

Consider though you're going to floor it more with the tune so longevity certainly isn't maximized. And just by turning up the boost, trans pressures, etc you are also causing more wear than if left stock. It is still safe but understand your squeezing more from that V6.

LME cares about their work a whole lot and will not give you (or anyone) a tune that will blow a motor.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, White Platinum Tri-coat Metallic, 402B options package, 20" Nickel Aluminum wheels, purchased 6/26/2014 with only 17k miles. Previous owner: Little old woman who bought it for the heated leather seats...

dash90

That's definitely a great way to think about it but can you compare the 4x and the 4 plus specifically?

Quote from: Bosscav on February 25, 2015, 09:11:42 PM
Welcome Dash!

Here's how I describe it to friends (and Rich step in if I'm wrong)...

Consider a scale of 1-10, 10 being totally balls out and potentially dangerous to longevity. Ford sends us these cars at a 6.5. It's good, safe, and best of all, it lasts a long time. What Livernois does is with the 4+ 93 they turn the dial up to 8. Very respectable, quick, and still very safe.

Now, 4X 93 (with 3 bar MAP sensor) turns it up to 9.5 BUT does so while still retaining the safety and longevity of the engine.

Consider though you're going to floor it more with the tune so longevity certainly isn't maximized. And just by turning up the boost, trans pressures, etc you are also causing more wear than if left stock. It is still safe but understand your squeezing more from that V6.

LME cares about their work a whole lot and will not give you (or anyone) a tune that will blow a motor.

SHOnUup

That'd be a great description I feel. Along with tuning...your maintenance schedule should be more frequent than suggested by Ford.

I can't see your sig on my phone, so what eco are you sporting, 3bar? And what does the tune read on the tuner?

Rich

ZSHO

The 4+ and 4x tunes are for the 10-12 SHO,the 13+SHO has V7 tune,then the X-SPORT 13+V3 tune,then 14+ X-SPORT has 93,91,tune.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Bosscav

Well 4X is just more "oomph". Shifts are about the same it's just more nut coming from the turbos so you have a really flat torque curve. Let's say 4+ adds 40hp over stock, 4X feels like an additional 15-20.

What makes you ask? You're allowed to have 4 tunes on the MyCal so might as well get both and try both! Plus free tunes for life so you can get new ones whenever you like.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, White Platinum Tri-coat Metallic, 402B options package, 20" Nickel Aluminum wheels, purchased 6/26/2014 with only 17k miles. Previous owner: Little old woman who bought it for the heated leather seats...

dash90

3bar, cai, downpipes, catback. I have both options (4x & 4plus) available on my tuner

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 25, 2015, 09:42:09 PM
That'd be a great description I feel. Along with tuning...your maintenance schedule should be more frequent than suggested by Ford.

I can't see your sig on my phone, so what eco are you sporting, 3bar? And what does the tune read on the tuner?

Rich

dash90

I just didn't know which one would be a better daily option. Ill just have to try them both lol

Quote from: Bosscav on February 25, 2015, 09:51:57 PM
Well 4X is just more "oomph". Shifts are about the same it's just more nut coming from the turbos so you have a really flat torque curve. Let's say 4+ adds 40hp over stock, 4X feels like an additional 15-20.

What makes you ask? You're allowed to have 4 tunes on the MyCal so might as well get both and try both! Plus free tunes for life so you can get new ones whenever you like.

Bosscav

In talking to Dan (head LME tuner) he advised me that "if your SHO is your one and only car, your daily driver, I would not recommend running the 4X all the time. It is a hot tune." I said it's my only car (I'm only 23) and explained how the difference in power justified the risk I was willing to take. He respectfully laughed and said he believes it is a safe tune but still recommends the 4+ for daily use and the 4X for track, drag, or when you know you will be driving fast for a day or two.

dash90

Quote from: Bosscav on February 25, 2015, 10:10:59 PM
In talking to Dan (head LME tuner) he advised me that "if your SHO is your one and only car, your daily driver, I would not recommend running the 4X all the time. It is a hot tune." I said it's my only car (I'm only 23) and explained how the difference in power justified the risk I was willing to take. He respectfully laughed and said he believes it is a safe tune but still recommends the 4+ for daily use and the 4X for track, drag, or when you know you will be driving fast for a day or two.

Really? Cause I kind have had the impression it was the other way around from your other comment lol. I probably misunderstood 

Bosscav

Scale of bad-assery: (1-10)

Stock: 6.5
4+ 93: 8
4X 93: 9.5

Scale of engine/trans/turbo longevity: (1-10, 10 being longest lasting)

Stock: 10
4+ 93: 4
4X 93: 4