• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

93 stage 4x or 4 plus

Started by dash90, February 25, 2015, 08:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dash90

Haha youre hilarious. In that context I would do 4x all day everyday even though 4 is pretty low lol.

Quote from: Bosscav on February 25, 2015, 10:43:44 PM
Scale of bad-assery: (1-10)

Stock: 6.5
4+ 93: 8
4X 93: 9.5

Scale of engine/trans/turbo longevity: (1-10, 10 being longest lasting)

Stock: 10
4+ 93: 4
4X 93: 4

SHOdded

Plenty of people running 4X on their SHO/MKS every day with no problems.  But said people are also keeping on top of maintenance, like Rich mentioned.  So if you are sure your vehicle is otherwise sorted out, NO hiccups, move up to 4X for your DD.  But if you have a doubt, stick with 4+.  Getting to know your vehicle with Torque Pro on an Android device is a great way to do it (non-LME approved, but will give you a rough idea).
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Livernois Motorsports

It's tough to pinpoint the specific changes, but essentially 4+ was already king of the hill when it came to tunes, and was what we used to call "use at your own risk" since the community has evolved and people are staying on top of things more than most car owners, we moved 4+ off of the "restricted use" list and developed 4+ to be king of the mountain, not just the hill ;) Now, we still state both are use at your own risk, because in the wrong hands these cars can break when completely stock, but 4+ has been used for daily drivers for 60-70k miles without issues, so in the right hands 4+ and 4X could be used frequently. One thing we do note is 4X is 93 only, where 4+ we do have for 91 and 93.

TSS

Jaimie, maybe I am mixing apples and oranges, but I thought I had a 93 4x PLUS (which by the way I use all the time) and a fallback 91 octane 3 bar tune on my programmer, so if I was in an area without 93 (but with 91) , I could change the tune easily without having to actually change the 3 bar right them, no?

You know better than me in all honestly.  Sorry if I am further confusing things here.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Livernois Motorsports

As long as the tune is a 3BAR MAP specific tune for 91 or lower octane, than yes. The 3BAR tunes will be labeled "3B or 3BAR" typically to make it apparent the tune will not run on a factory 2BAR MAP. 

TSS

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Livernois Motorsports

jtoddk98

What's the 4x tune. On the website I only see stages 1-4, 4 plus and 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

Livernois Motorsports

It is an in-between tune for the client that has all of the bolt-ons short of a methanol injection kit.

ZSHO

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on February 26, 2015, 02:24:38 PM
It is an in-between tune for the client that has all of the bolt-ons short of a methanol injection kit.
I aplologize for being off topic,had a pleasure to meet with Bigmoneycloser(BMG)a couple of weeks ago with his X-SPORT,besides his awesome lookin ride got to see first hand the MDesign intake,LME exhaust which looked amazing and some other mods from LME. :thumb: :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|