• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

0-85ish w/ Unleashed 92 octane tune!

Started by ElvenSho, February 24, 2015, 07:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElvenSho

0-85 with unleashed 92 octane tune: http://youtu.be/hhGLxJ1lUec

My car after the 92 octane tune+3bar,tstat,plugs. Torrie is having me wait until it warms up to send him another log to improve it even more. At this point he said its running 15-16psi and at about +40whp. If you compare it to my stock run its easy to see the car is a lot quicker. From what i can tell its about a second faster to 60 and maybe 1.5 to 80. I am very happy so far and cant wait to improve the 92 octane and transition to 93 for more power. By the way if anyone is on the fence about getting a tune from Torrie, just do it he is fast at responding and also does a great job! BTW the 1st to 2nd gear shift gave me some wheelhop/spin so the camera shaked a bit. Enjoy!
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

Bosscav

Great launch!

I had a similar, let's call it, "anomaly" on my 1-2 shift. What you are calling wheel hop is actually your transmission saying "I am making too much pressure, I am going to hold the shift, try for .01 seconds, hold, then try again until 2nd gear grabs at a pressure I like".

How do I know? It happened to me. For months LME and I chased this phantom shaking/jumping/pulsing coming from the drive train on the 1-2 shift.

There's a really easy fix that we found.

I want to ask you to try something for me. Ask Torrie to change ONLY the 1-2 shift to stock pressure. Leave the rest alone. Thats what LME and I decided to try and it worked 100%. I am curious to see if this works for your car too.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, White Platinum Tri-coat Metallic, 402B options package, 20" Nickel Aluminum wheels, purchased 6/26/2014 with only 17k miles. Previous owner: Little old woman who bought it for the heated leather seats...

ElvenSho

Quote from: Bosscav on February 24, 2015, 07:47:13 PM
Great launch!

I had a similar, let's call it, "anomaly" on my 1-2 shift. What you are calling wheel hop is actually your transmission saying "I am making too much pressure, I am going to hold the shift, try for .01 seconds, hold, then try again until 2nd gear grabs at a pressure I like".

How do I know? It happened to me. For months LME and I chased this phantom shaking/jumping/pulsing coming from the drive train on the 1-2 shift.

There's a really easy fix that we found.

I want to ask you to try something for me. Ask Torrie to change ONLY the 1-2 shift to stock pressure. Leave the rest alone. Thats what LME and I decided to try and it worked 100%. I am curious to see if this works for your car too.
Interesting i figured it was wheelhop since sometimes i can hear the tires spin. I will ask him about it, thanks!

Bosscav

I chirped mine on the 1-2 shift too but I bet it'll be fixed if you change the shift pressure on just that one shift.

It's some pressure sensor failsafe in the trans making it stutter.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, White Platinum Tri-coat Metallic, 402B options package, 20" Nickel Aluminum wheels, purchased 6/26/2014 with only 17k miles. Previous owner: Little old woman who bought it for the heated leather seats...

ElvenSho

Quote from: Bosscav on February 24, 2015, 07:58:28 PM
I chirped mine on the 1-2 shift too but I bet it'll be fixed if you change the shift pressure on just that one shift.

It's some pressure sensor failsafe in the trans making it stutter.
Gotcha i let Torrie know about this thread. He will let me know if that is what it is. I figured he didnt mention it if he saw something on the log due to being wheelspin/hop. Thanks again!

Bosscav

If he has any questions just PM me :) I'd be glad to help out.

I was really worried at first that it was really messing something up inside the transmission but it's simply a pressure sensor.

If nothing else, just try it, you won't hurt anything. It only takes a little bit to change shift pressure parameters

PokerMunkee

Awesome, thanks for posting.  Never can get enough of 0-xxx vidoes :D
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

wasinger3000

Quote from: Bosscav on February 24, 2015, 08:04:21 PM
If he has any questions just PM me :) I'd be glad to help out.

I was really worried at first that it was really messing something up inside the transmission but it's simply a pressure sensor.

If nothing else, just try it, you won't hurt anything. It only takes a little bit to change shift pressure parameters
Thanks for posting this. My 1-2 shift is horrible at times. Not sure if the car "learns" the correct shifting variables after a few runs but right after a reflash it's the worst.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ElvenSho

I just tesed mine and it only does it with traction controll off, if i have it on it shifts just fine. Torrie sent me a new file that will hopefully fix it.

wasinger3000

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 09:47:31 PM
I just tesed mine and it only does it with traction controll off, if i have it on it shifts just fine. Torrie sent me a new file that will hopefully fix it.
Mine does it with TC on and TC off.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

ElvenSho

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 24, 2015, 09:49:42 PM
Contact Torrie to send you a new file that should fix it. I am loading the new file he sent me right now and will report back.

wasinger3000

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 09:52:07 PM
Contact Torrie to send you a new file that should fix it. I am loading the new file he sent me right now and will report back.
It's to cold out for me to even worry about it lol. The meth doesn't play well in the cold. I'm waiting for above 60° to get my tune dialed in for track days

ElvenSho

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 24, 2015, 09:53:38 PM
It's to cold out for me to even worry about it lol. The meth doesn't play well in the cold. I'm waiting for above 60° to get my tune dialed in for track days
Oh gotcha. Thats probably why he told me to waitbfor 60s to send more logs. Its 35f here.

wasinger3000

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 09:54:38 PM
Oh gotcha. Thats probably why he told me to waitbfor 60s to send more logs. Its 35f here.
Yeah the cold air and winter fuel is just a no go when trying to get the most hp.

ElvenSho

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 24, 2015, 09:55:42 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 09:54:38 PM
Yeah the cold air and winter fuel is just a no go when trying to get the most hp.
That gives me hope for more powerrrrrr lol