• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

0-85ish w/ Unleashed 92 octane tune!

Started by ElvenSho, February 24, 2015, 07:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 09:56:18 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 24, 2015, 09:55:42 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 09:54:38 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 24, 2015, 09:53:38 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 09:52:07 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 24, 2015, 09:49:42 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 09:47:31 PM
I just tesed mine and it only does it with traction controll off, if i have it on it shifts just fine. Torrie sent me a new file that will hopefully fix it.
Mine does it with TC on and TC off.
Contact Torrie to send you a new file that should fix it. I am loading the new file he sent me right now and will report back.
It's to cold out for me to even worry about it lol. The meth doesn't play well in the cold. I'm waiting for above 60° to get my tune dialed in for track days
Oh gotcha. Thats probably why he told me to waitbfor 60s to send more logs. Its 35f here.
Yeah the cold air and winter fuel is just a no go when trying to get the most hp.
That gives me hope for more powerrrrrr lol
Haha.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ElvenSho

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

BigPelo

Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

ElvenSho

Quote from: BigPelo on February 24, 2015, 10:03:15 PM
I need this file.
Contact torrie and tell him ur having the same issue i was.

BigPelo

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 10:08:40 PM
Quote from: BigPelo on February 24, 2015, 10:03:15 PM
I need this file.
Contact torrie and tell him ur having the same issue i was.
I will wait until DP and exhaust are on. Also for the canadian temperature to climb above 0F, seriously we are freezing up here since winter started.
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Bosscav on February 24, 2015, 07:47:13 PM
Great launch!

I had a similar, let's call it, "anomaly" on my 1-2 shift. What you are calling wheel hop is actually your transmission saying "I am making too much pressure, I am going to hold the shift, try for .01 seconds, hold, then try again until 2nd gear grabs at a pressure I like".

How do I know? It happened to me. For months LME and I chased this phantom shaking/jumping/pulsing coming from the drive train on the 1-2 shift.

There's a really easy fix that we found.

I want to ask you to try something for me. Ask Torrie to change ONLY the 1-2 shift to stock pressure. Leave the rest alone. Thats what LME and I decided to try and it worked 100%. I am curious to see if this works for your car too.
Torrie took care of mine ASAP. Shift is firm and quick with no drama.

I think all he did was dial back in a bit of TQ management.

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 24, 2015, 10:37:26 PM
Quote from: Bosscav on February 24, 2015, 07:47:13 PM
Great launch!

I had a similar, let's call it, "anomaly" on my 1-2 shift. What you are calling wheel hop is actually your transmission saying "I am making too much pressure, I am going to hold the shift, try for .01 seconds, hold, then try again until 2nd gear grabs at a pressure I like".

How do I know? It happened to me. For months LME and I chased this phantom shaking/jumping/pulsing coming from the drive train on the 1-2 shift.

There's a really easy fix that we found.

I want to ask you to try something for me. Ask Torrie to change ONLY the 1-2 shift to stock pressure. Leave the rest alone. Thats what LME and I decided to try and it worked 100%. I am curious to see if this works for your car too.
Torrie took care of mine ASAP. Shift is firm and quick with no drama.

I think all he did was dial back in a bit of TQ management.
Any way I can get a datalog of your smooth shift. I'll send it to torrie and ask him to make mine look like it.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Bosscav

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 10:00:50 PM
New file fixed the issue! Yay!
AWWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS. Motha f*ckin genius.

Sorry, I'm just really proud that I helped figure that out. Please share my posts with anyone you hear who has a similar issue. Spread the good word fellas ;)
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, White Platinum Tri-coat Metallic, 402B options package, 20" Nickel Aluminum wheels, purchased 6/26/2014 with only 17k miles. Previous owner: Little old woman who bought it for the heated leather seats...

ElvenSho

Quote from: Bosscav on February 25, 2015, 09:56:44 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 10:00:50 PM
New file fixed the issue! Yay!
AWWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS. Motha f*ckin genius.

Sorry, I'm just really proud that I helped figure that out. Please share my posts with anyone you hear who has a similar issue. Spread the good word fellas ;)
Lol yeah it might be you that helped not sure tho. I had him look at the thread but not sure if its something new that he didnt know. He sent me a new file that fixed it but he didnt tell me if he put the 1-2 shift pressure to stock. Car seems to shift better 1-2 then stock from what i remember so maybe he did something with the torque management like with the other poster. Either way thanks for helping ME notice that its not wheelhop and get the fix! :)

Bosscav

Well my 1-2 shift is faster than stock too, just stock shift pressure. Not sure how it works, I'm just regurgitating what Dan from LME said to me.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, White Platinum Tri-coat Metallic, 402B options package, 20" Nickel Aluminum wheels, purchased 6/26/2014 with only 17k miles. Previous owner: Little old woman who bought it for the heated leather seats...

ElvenSho

Quote from: Bosscav on February 25, 2015, 10:24:34 PM
Well my 1-2 shift is faster than stock too, just stock shift pressure. Not sure how it works, I'm just regurgitating what Dan from LME said to me.
Idk lol either way i am happy! ;)

Wojomojo

I have the same issue.. That 1-2 shift is on and off as far as shaking. Sometimes it shifts perfectly and it'll go, but sometimes I'll lose traction and it'll shutter. I've had a tune from him a while ago that had softer shifting but still harder than stock and it would never do it. I might have to ask him to do a softer shift from 1-2
Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

TSS

I have the dreaded 1-2 stutter as well. Only happens balls to the wall WOT from a start or 10 MPH - usually when doing a 0-60 test.   In everyday driving it's perfect. No issues at all.

My question is:  Am I reading correctly here that it's not really harming the tranny?  I realize there is a fix, but lets say I don't get the fix, can I at least stop worrying that my tranny has a problem?   
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

ElvenSho

Quote from: TSS on February 26, 2015, 10:17:48 AM
I have the dreaded 1-2 stutter as well. Only happens balls to the wall WOT from a start or 10 MPH - usually when doing a 0-60 test.   In everyday driving it's perfect. No issues at all.

My question is:  Am I reading correctly here that it's not really harming the tranny?  I realize there is a fix, but lets say I don't get the fix, can I at least stop worrying that my tranny has a problem?
Thats what it seems like but why wouldnt u get it fixed?

TSS

^^ I may, but it's a little more complicated than anyone cares to hear.  I may do it, but just wanted to see what happens if I don't . If I can at least stop worrying I am killing the car, I will feel 80 percent better.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.