• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Scanner - Do we have one for the Ecoboost?

Started by 13-SHO, June 21, 2013, 02:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13-SHO

Let me start by stating I was spoiled with my GP GTP. I bought a tuner and used a seperate scanner that ran on a palm pilot. I could pick from over 200 PID's to scan and log. I then could export the file to an Excel spreadsheet and compare the differences. It was very helpful  ;D

I have Torque on an old Android phone but it just doesn't give me what I want. Is there another scanner available?
2013 SHO No mods... yet
2004 Grand Prix GTP Compg - Too many mods to list impossible for me to launch. I still miss her....

ecoboostsho

I use Torque but it doesn't have a few parameters (like knock) which I am sure you scanned if you had a GTP. (Had an 04 myself modified) I was able to figure out how to read knock sort with Torque on the Taurus. I would love trans and/or oil temp.

There is something at the site forscan.org which I haven't played with yet but looks promising. If they have the extended Ford PIDs past 09 and they make an iPhone app I will be checking it out for sure.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ShoBoat

FORScan works really well if you don't mind pluging into a laptop. It's able to access a ton of PID's. and it's free!
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ecoboostsho

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

ShoBoat

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ecoboostsho

Awesome! Thanks...will definitely check it out. I meant Android app above not iPhone. Good grief.

13-SHO

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.
2013 SHO No mods... yet
2004 Grand Prix GTP Compg - Too many mods to list impossible for me to launch. I still miss her....

Ryan327

Add me to the Grand Prix GTP club.  Have a powertuner and an aeroforce scan gauge.  Would like to see what the Lund tuner is going to include for my sport...
2013 Ford Explorer Sport - Lund Racing 93 Tune
2010 Audi A4 - APR Stage 1 Tune
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix - Too much to list but still slow!

turbodave

Quote from: ecoboostsho on June 21, 2013, 02:19:41 PM
I use Torque but it doesn't have a few parameters (like knock) which I am sure you scanned if you had a GTP. (Had an 04 myself modified) I was able to figure out how to read knock sort with Torque on the Taurus. I would love trans and/or oil temp.

There is something at the site forscan.org which I haven't played with yet but looks promising. If they have the extended Ford PIDs past 09 and they make an iPhone app I will be checking it out for sure.

Your torque doesn't read knock? Mine does. But I'm running torque pro.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

2012 Lincoln MKT 3.5 Ecoboost AWD..... Fully Loaded minus active park assist and tow package.
Chrystal Champagne

86 Buick Grand National
87 Buick Grand National
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

ecoboostsho

I've got pro as well. Almost positive it wouldn't. Maybe Ian added it and I missed it? Will have to check now!

turbodave

Quote from: ecoboostsho on June 21, 2013, 08:14:53 PM
I've got pro as well. Almost positive it wouldn't. Maybe Ian added it and I missed it? Will have to check now!

There's a "knock detector" symbol right next to the map view symbol.

2012 Lincoln MKT 3.5 Ecoboost AWD..... Fully Loaded minus active park assist and tow package.
Chrystal Champagne

86 Buick Grand National
87 Buick Grand National
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: turbodave on June 21, 2013, 08:23:59 PM
Quote from: ecoboostsho on June 21, 2013, 08:14:53 PM

There's a "knock detector" symbol right next to the map view symbol.

Can you attach a screen shot? I don't see that on mine and I have pro.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

13_TwinScrew

google image for knock in Torque

should be there, it's the little bullseye looking thing....for what ever reason mine does not work while driving ---says I'm not at 100% throttle when it is floored.
2013 Ecoboost F-150 XLT 4x4 w/ stock 20's and Off-Road Package.  Mods: Solo Performance Mach-X exhaust, Unleashed Tuning, Plasti-Dipped front emblem and blacked out orange mirror reflector.

DJE624

I'm curious guys.  Will a tuned SHO waste a tuned GTP? 

ecoboostsho

Ahh the knock detector plug in. Yes I've seen it. Couldnt calibrate it because you can't go full throttle in park? How did you get past that? I am really after the PID for knock and this Torque plugin uses a method that tries to measure it indirectly. I get how it works in theory but am not sure how accurate it would be? I do actually have a PID that I believe is knock but I don't have scaling or equation for it. I use it but am not 100% sure it works either.