• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Scanner - Do we have one for the Ecoboost?

Started by 13-SHO, June 21, 2013, 02:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoboostsho

Quote from: DJE624 on June 21, 2013, 10:19:14 PM
I'm curious guys.  Will a tuned SHO waste a tuned GTP? 
Just a tune with no supporting mods on a GTP...heck yes you would destroy it. Mine had head work, cam, exhaust intake, full headers, and a smaller pulley. It would have been a race with just a tuned SHO (well not actually because it was FWD and from a stop you would destroy me with the AWD).  Now that said there are GTPs in the 11s and faster but those are heavily modded. GTPs didn't have an intercooler from the factory so you had to watch your boost. They were just playing with e85 when I sold mine so it's possible things have improved. Traction was always my limiting factor.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Ryan327

Quote from: DJE624 on June 21, 2013, 10:19:14 PM
I'm curious guys.  Will a tuned SHO waste a tuned GTP? 

I'd say yes.  But depends on how you spend the money on each.  basic tune on each SHO all the way.  But if you bought a GTP for 5K and put the other 30K spent on a new SHO into mods then you'd be way ahead on the GTP....but it's still now going to = the newer improved vehicle for overall features.
2013 Ford Explorer Sport - Lund Racing 93 Tune
2010 Audi A4 - APR Stage 1 Tune
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix - Too much to list but still slow!

ShoBoat

Another shot from FORScan, the PID list is the most detailed I have yet seen. The only limitation is that you need a cable and a laptop. But for the serious tuner it's a great tool. Also wireless systems from my experience are great for snapshots but logging they leave something to be desired as the latency is not the greatest.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: 13_TwinScrew on June 21, 2013, 09:55:39 PM
google image for knock in Torque

should be there, it's the little bullseye looking thing....for what ever reason mine does not work while driving ---says I'm not at 100% throttle when it is floored.
I just found it, it's a separate app in google play.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

13-SHO

Can a GTP beat a SHO. Yes.

There are GTP's in the 8's in the 1/4 mile (ZZP vender car). For $2000 an '04 GTP added a turbo in place of the SC and ran in the 11's.

They do have one HUGE weakness as mentioned earlier. Traction.

This version of the SHO is still in it's infancy when it comes to mods. The sky is only the limit if vendors decide to support the R&D on upgrades.
2013 SHO No mods... yet
2004 Grand Prix GTP Compg - Too many mods to list impossible for me to launch. I still miss her....