• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS Rant

Started by Airbornemaikai, February 14, 2015, 04:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airbornemaikai

If you're using tapatalk you can't see my sig, but I'm LMS tuned with their dp and corsa exhaust, 160° tstat, plugs, and Airaid intake (I added the 3 bar later on). I really wish that my experience with them has been better than it has been, because of so many simple over sights on their part I just no longer feel confident in the quality of the tunes I'm running from them, heck I don't know if they are even the right tunes at all. For example, before I purchased the dp and exhaust I had asked in another forum, as well as email and phone call asking about passing emissions in my state that does readiness checks since it was advertised on their page as simply 49state emissions passable and being told I'd have no issues. After dropping the dough for every last thing they offered for my X I get it in the mail, email my strategy and get my tunes. Go get everything installed and then I tune. Within a few hours, check engine light comes on. I call and talk to someone completely clueless who not only wouldn't address my issue but simply said he didn't know why that was because they hadn't had any issues on their vehicle and then ended the phone call. So I email them and I never get a response. I finally post it in a forum a month later as I'm beyond frustrated by my cel being on and their lack of resolving my issue and mike (who runs this forum) chimes in on how the cats look like the old ones that won't pass readiness which my state requires, meaning he went out of his way to not only see my state does readiness but then chimed in as well (awesome guy). LMS finally responds to my email and sends me a pm on that forum then addressed it in the forum after having finally having at least fixed my cel. Turns out they never even gave me the right tune to begin with to account for the dp and exhaust hence the check engine light, but still does not change the fact that they apparently still will not pass readiness, mike offered me a discount on his set but unfortunately after dropping 3k in mods the wife wasn't about to let me invest any more. The LMS site advertises a dyno tune with purchase of their package, to me this means I take my vehicle to them and they personally dyno tune my vehicle, yet I ask about a meth install and get quoted some ridiculous price including a dyno charge which from my understanding I've already paid for, just never cashed in as I'm not driving to MI. I since deleted the comments in that thread here because I'm simply tired of going back and forth with these guys who quite frankly absolutely refuse to admit their faults and their don't give a crap attitude about doing something to remedy the situation if I'm not continuing to throw money at them, (which why would I when they couldn't even get it right from the start) and now I'm boned in a few years when I need to pass readiness check in my state. So fast forward a little and I add the 3 bar so I got revised tunes, they asked me to send all of my info again of what after market parts I'm using, suddenly they give me a tstat tune to go with the 3 bar. So I notice now my fans seem to constantly be on, and when I come home and turn my vehicle off they run longer after I shut off vehicle. Bare in mind I'm not a tuner, I invest money in to a product I had faith in from LMS. So I email again talking about this new tstat tune and how my fans seem like they are constantly on and get a response saying how it needs to be in there or else I can have issues because of the lower temp tstat I have which wouldn't be good. So I'm like oh well that's great considering I've been running your tune for a year now with the tstat you sold me with no tstat tune and only now you give it to me even though from the beginning you knew exactly what I was running from the day I placed my order and again when I emailed my strat. So they overlook the dp and exhaust, I won't pass readiness, no tstat tune and being told I have to have it or I may have issues yet receive it a year later, yea not too pleased. Look in the 3 bar thread and read LMS say temp on stock stat is 178° yet ajpturbo quoted them and it says 188°, how is this? Also yes it is 190° as ajpturbo stated so again clearly more wrong information from them.
So now I have an issue the other day where as I made a turn the vehicle basically felt like it skipped/dropped 2nd gear, scared the s*** out of me as it felt my truck was going to break and I had zero power and almost sputtered to a complete stop before it finally got in gear. I see in another forum a member mentioned something similar to this and LMS said they had a revision that helped address this. So I email them about what happened and asking if they have any other tunes but they never address this issue as I didn't mention I saw their comment in a forum supposedly addressing this scenario and they simply  say I have the latest best revision and that's it, end of email. They won't tune for e85 either. I will say this as unlike them I can still admit fault or give praise and take criticism if need be. Their tune did definitely improve the power of my truck and I thoroughly enjoy it, I ran a 13.59 @101 on their 93 tune as a stock explorer was running 14.99 at the same time, but I was running 10% e85 anyway and hadn't had any issues even though they won't officially support it (but I'm not about to pay out my anus for race gas to do a couple passes). So their tune did increase power and clearly paid off at the track, but again with so many over sights and their refusal to admit these and then with my last experience of skipping a gear, I've reverted back to the 91 tune just to have my check engine light from my exhaust off or I would revert to stock and wait till I have the money to get a tune from unleashed. Maybe it's because they feel like I'm not educated enough in the tuning department that they think I'm a moron and so they just dismiss me and will only focus on those that constantly kiss their butts and sing them praise and throw money at them left and right that they don't give two craps about me, my $50k truck and my $3k of their products. Oh and I can't say I've noticed any difference from 2 bar to 3 bar I originally thought maybe it didn't idle as rough, but I'm pretty sure it was a placebo effect of me wanting to think something was better. I'm interested to see them dance around the bush here like they did with my meth install quote in a thread here which I deleted as well as my exhaust thread on the other forum just out of respect to them which I now regret because at this point I will continue to share my story so that hopefully they don't screw others like they have me as they clearly do not have the right people chiming in on these forums and or responding to emails/phone calls which is hinted at throughout these forums. Take your money they will, give you what you ask for they won't, then deny everything and beat around the bush some more if you don't kiss their butt. Like their fantom Xv1 tune.
I recall a SHOs turbos caught on fire, how long till they admitted fault there, and what's happening with that?, You see the guy now singing them praises even after being without his vehicle for a year and still no numbers to prove why he is even singing them praises and a complete 180° change in attitude in that situation, I'm guessing it was his only option as to not be left high and dry by them. Someone please show me other wise and explain to me who's butt I should have kissed to get them to just once admit they are wrong and messed up and done something to make it right, because,in 2 years come emissions you think they are going to start paying my penalty fees from then on?, yea me neither. I'm looking for a good honest company to do business with who appreciates my business and is honestly interested in helping me achieve becoming the fastest explorer sport in the northwest, (I think I already am) but that I actually feel comfortable with not being worried about what they may have overlooked and cause me to be out money I cannot afford to be out. I feel like I have been more than fair in my attitude considering the situation and even still don't try and deny the fact that their tune has done some good for my explorer. I'm not discrediting their tuning product and bashing them, I'm simply letting everyone know my honest experience with them and how they have essentially refused to work with me as I don't have a problem calling them out when they continue to try and brush me under the rug. Makes me sick to be treated like crap and a nobody by an American company on an American car, hell they don't even offer a military discount
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

SHOdded

Have you had a chance to look for TSBs/set codes yet?  MyCal should pull up any stored codes.  The one TSB that kinda fits your latest experience seems to be an old one, 11-5-6.  Involves a recalibration & valve body modification for a fix.  Could be a faulty wheel speed sensor too.

6F50/6F55 TRANSMISSION—SLUGGISH ACCELERATION FROM 0-8 KMH (0-5 MPH)
FOLLOWED BY A HARSH BUMP OR A SLIP ON TAKE-OFF FOLLOWED BY A BUMP—BUILT ON OR
BEFORE 4/15/2011
TSB 11-5-6

FORD:

2010-2011 Taurus
2009 Edge, Flex
2010-2011 Edge, Flex
2011 Explorer

ISSUE

Some 2009 Edge, MKX and Flex vehicles built on
or after 5/4/2009, 2010-2011 Edge, Flex, MKS,
MKT, MKX, Taurus, 2011 Explorer vehicles built on
or before 4/15/2011 may have a sluggish
acceleration or hesitation feel during a rolling stop
0-8 Km/h (0-5 MPH) followed by a harsh bump or
feel like a slip on take-off from a stop followed by a
harsh bump.

ACTION

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the
condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

This valve body modification is only available for
transmissions originally built with MERCONâ LV
listed on the dipstick.

There is a new calibration and transmission valve
body changes to correct this condition. The valve
body change was to delete one hole in the valve
body separator plate and remove one check ball
from the valve body in the same area where the
hole in the separator plate was deleted.

NOTE

IF THIS PROCEDURE IS NOT FOLLOWED
CORRECTLY, ADDITIONAL NEW CUSTOMER
SYMPTOMS WILL BE PRESENT, LOSS OF
REVERSE OR 2-3 SHIFT FLARE.

For all model years except 2009, proceed to
Step 2. For 2009 model year vehicles, verify
the transmission dipstick has MERCONâ LV
listed on the dipstick.
LINCOLN:

2010-2011 MKS
2009 MKX
2010-2011 MKT, MKX

a.
Yes - The dipstick has MERCONâ LV listed
on the dipstick, proceed to Step 2.
b.
No - The dipstick does not have MERCONâ
LV listed on the dipstick, this procedure
does not apply. Follow normal Workshop
Manual diagnostics.
Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration
using IDS release 72.04 and higher or 73.01
and higher. This new calibration is not included
in the VCM 2011.5 DVD. Calibration files may
also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
Remove the transmission valve body. Refer to
the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01.
Replace the separator plate in the valve body.
The X identifies the hole in the valve body
separator plate which will be eliminated. (Figure
1)
Figure 1 - Article 11-5-6

Copyright ã 2011 Ford Motor Company Online Publication Date May 10, 2011
PAGE 1

Remove one (1) check ball identified as X.
(Figure 2)
Figure 2 - Article 11-5-6

a.
Proper check ball locations on the remaining
six (6) valve body check balls shown with
arrows. (Figure 2)
Install transmission valve body. Refer to WSM,
Section 307-01.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
BT4Z-7Z490-B Valve Body Separator Plate

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of
New Vehicle Limited
Warranty Coverage And
Emissions Warranty
Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty
coverage limits/policies are
not altered by a TSB.
Warranty coverage limits
are determined by the
identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
110506A 2009-2011 Edge And 3.0 Hrs.
MKX: Replace The
Separator Plate, Includes
Time To Remove And
Install Main Control,
Remove Check Ball, And
Reprogram The PCM (Do
Not Use With Any Other
Labor Operations)
110506A 2010-2011 Taurus And 3.0 Hrs.
Flex 3.5L DOHC, MKS
And MKT 3.7L, 2011
Explorer 3.5L: Replace
The Separator Plate,
Includes Time To Remove
And Install Main Control,
Remove Check Ball, And
Reprogram The PCM (Do
Not Use With Any Other
Labor Operations)
110506A 2010-2011 Taurus, MKS, 3.1 Hrs.
Flex, And MKT 3.5L GTDI:
Replace The Separator
Plate, Includes Time To
Remove And Install Main
Control, Remove Check
Ball, And Reprogram The
PCM (Do Not Use With
Any Other Labor
Operations)

DEALER CODING

CONDITION
BASIC PART NO. CODE
7A100 42

PAGE 2
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Airbornemaikai

Yea no codes, I also use torque to check for codes as well. That TSB would not apply to my 14, nor does the description sound like my experience, but I appreciate the feedback
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

SHOnUup

Sorry to hear about the troubles...you seem to be the unicorn

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

s1krr

I was hearing all the great hype about lms and was def considering their tune. Im sure its a great product but you would expect customer service to be a top priority as well.
Thats why im usually hesitant to go for a tune. Prefer to stick with basic mods like dps first.
Sorry to hear about your experience.

TSS

In my several years of following many forums, this is the first incident of this magnitude I have ever heard of. They always done right by me in the end.  Unfortunately, as stated, it does sound like you are the unicorn.  That sucks.

BUT  based on the literally thousands and thousands of other satisfied customers, if someone is considering a tune, I would not let this one experience taint me. I would continue to be comfortable getting a tune  from LME or Unleashed.

I have also personally had recent outstanding personal service dealing with Jaimie.  If anybody is considering an LME tune, I would contact him directly.    I believe he will be responsive, address your needs, and instill confidence. His response time to calls and emails is top notch.   

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

ZSHO

I feel for you Airbourne,feel bad for the headaches your going through,could be TSB related or something due to the cold weather or snow,any leaks on the floor,honestly first thing i would do is revert back to stock and proceed from there in monitoring for any symptoms or codes,honestly never had any issues with LME in any aspect,they always did the right thing for me,good luck and hopefully its an easy fix and keep us updated.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BlackJac

So the LMS 49 state legal downpipes will not pass state emission with readiness inspection? Here, NJ state inspection checks the computer.

Sorry to here about your bad experience.
2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

IHeartGroceries

It's also a local or municipal concern, despite what the state requires. Readiness is checked everywhere around me. Although most allow one or even two systems to fail readiness and still issue a passing score.
DPs are notorious for causing O2S related trouble codes. But I didn't think on most platforms that that resulted in a dummy light. The dummy light is the issue, yes? That's automatic fail.
2013 SHO PP

Livernois Motorsports

Nathan, first of all I want to say I am a little bit surprised about the post. The last few communications that have come through on email were you thanking us, and we had received one just a week and a half ago when you asked about the transmission shift. We sent you some suggestions to try and have not received a reply back.

Quote from: Airbornemaikai
If you're using tapatalk you can't see my sig, but I'm LMS tuned with their dp and corsa exhaust, 160° tstat, plugs, and Airaid intake (I added the 3 bar later on). I really wish that my experience with them has been better than it has been, because of so many simple over sights on their part I just no longer feel confident in the quality of the tunes I'm running from them, heck I don't know if they are even the right tunes at all. For example, before I purchased the dp and exhaust I had asked in another forum, as well as email and phone call asking about passing emissions in my state that does readiness checks since it was advertised on their page as simply 49state emissions passable and being told I'd have no issues.

First of all, we do want clear something up. While the cats themselves may be 49 state legal, there is no downpipe set that is emissions legal. Removing a properly functioning cat instantly means a fail for emissions. Also, relocating the cat (which every downpipe on the market does) is another thing that instantly fails emissions laws. We do not tune to defeat emissions equipment, as it's illegal, and can invoke heavy fines on the owner of the vehicle, and us as a company, which is why we don't do it. We would rather communicate the truth rather than blow smoke. We have plenty of people using other brand downpipes, they get catalyst related codes too. Our site has always said high flow race cat, and for offroad use only for the explorer downpipes, so I am not certain where on our site it says 49 state legal, as it's not. I apologize that you were under this impression.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiAfter dropping the dough for every last thing they offered for my X I get it in the mail, email my strategy and get my tunes. Go get everything installed and then I tune. Within a few hours, check engine light comes on. I call and talk to someone completely clueless who not only wouldn't address my issue but simply said he didn't know why that was because they hadn't had any issues on their vehicle and then ended the phone call. So I email them and I never get a response. I finally post it in a forum a month later as I'm beyond frustrated by my cel being on and their lack of resolving my issue and mike (who runs this forum) chimes in on how the cats look like the old ones that won't pass readiness which my state requires, meaning he went out of his way to not only see my state does readiness but then chimed in as well (awesome guy).

This is untrue, every explorer system has always been built with the new cats. What someone assumed is that our cats were the same cat as someone else's downpipe, which is untrue. We use a USA made cat that is designed to flow up to 800hp worth of air. Could we do something similar and put a more restrictive cat on? Well yes, but why would someone put a downpipe set on to not gain flow? This would again just be a disservice to our customers. They are buying a part to add power, not to just relieve them of excess cash.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiLMS finally responds to my email and sends me a pm on that forum then addressed it in the forum after having finally having at least fixed my cel. Turns out they never even gave me the right tune to begin with to account for the dp and exhaust hence the check engine light, but still does not change the fact that they apparently still will not pass readiness, mike offered me a discount on his set but unfortunately after dropping 3k in mods the wife wasn't about to let me invest any more. The LMS site advertises a dyno tune with purchase of their package, to me this means I take my vehicle to them and they personally dyno tune my vehicle, yet I ask about a meth install and get quoted some ridiculous price including a dyno charge which from my understanding I've already paid for, just never cashed in as I'm not driving to MI.

I apologize that you misconstrued this. Our install packages include a dyno tune, but it never says free. It just says it's included.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiI since deleted the comments in that thread here because I'm simply tired of going back and forth with these guys who quite frankly absolutely refuse to admit their faults and their don't give a crap attitude about doing something to remedy the situation if I'm not continuing to throw money at them, (which why would I when they couldn't even get it right from the start) and now I'm boned in a few years when I need to pass readiness check in my state.

We tell everyone that downpipes are for offroad use only. If another company lies to you and tells you otherwise, then I understand why you would be upset. But we would never lie to our customers about things like this.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiSo fast forward a little and I add the 3 bar so I got revised tunes, they asked me to send all of my info again of what after market parts I'm using, suddenly they give me a tstat tune to go with the 3 bar. So I notice now my fans seem to constantly be on, and when I come home and turn my vehicle off they run longer after I shut off vehicle. Bare in mind I'm not a tuner, I invest money in to a product I had faith in from LMS. So I email again talking about this new tstat tune and how my fans seem like they are constantly on and get a response saying how it needs to be in there or else I can have issues because of the lower temp tstat I have which wouldn't be good. So I'm like oh well that's great considering I've been running your tune for a year now with the tstat you sold me with no tstat tune and only now you give it to me even though from the beginning you knew exactly what I was running from the day I placed my order and again when I emailed my strat. So they overlook the dp and exhaust, I won't pass readiness, no tstat tune and being told I have to have it or I may have issues yet receive it a year later, yea not too pleased.

This is to ensure proper customer service. We ask every time someone emails in. Simply to know if someone added something, removed something, changed something. We apologize that there was some errors on what tune was supplied, we are human, and it can happen. It's always our goal to get everything we do right, but errors will happen, and all we can do is get them corrected when they come up.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiLook in the 3 bar thread and read LMS say temp on stock stat is 178° yet ajpturbo quoted them and it says 188°, how is this? Also yes it is 190° as ajpturbo stated so again clearly more wrong information from them.

It is definitely a 178. Every EcoBoost engine uses a 178 from the factory. 1.0, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.3, 2.7, and 3.5 car and truck all have a 178. Someone on our end just fat fingered when they posted 188. I believe you would see how easy that is to happen, and is why we edited it after the fact, just a simple human mistake. It definitely is not a 188 or a 190.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiSo now I have an issue the other day where as I made a turn the vehicle basically felt like it skipped/dropped 2nd gear, scared the s*** out of me as it felt my truck was going to break and I had zero power and almost sputtered to a complete stop before it finally got in gear. I see in another forum a member mentioned something similar to this and LMS said they had a revision that helped address this. So I email them about what happened and asking if they have any other tunes but they never address this issue as I didn't mention I saw their comment in a forum supposedly addressing this scenario and they simply  say I have the latest best revision and that's it, end of email. They won't tune for e85 either. I will say this as unlike them I can still admit fault or give praise and take criticism if need be. Their tune did definitely improve the power of my truck and I thoroughly enjoy it, I ran a 13.59 @101 on their 93 tune as a stock explorer was running 14.99 at the same time, but I was running 10% e85 anyway and hadn't had any issues even though they won't officially support it (but I'm not about to pay out my anus for race gas to do a couple passes).

The fuel system is 100% maxed out with a tune and bolt ons on E10 (which is basically what every state uses) any more ethanol than this is a grenade with the pin taken out of it. Just because some people have gotten lucky doesn't mean it's safe, sometimes a grenade is a dud. As for the trans skipping, this is a 100% factory ford issue. Our tune actually improves it tremendously over stock. But it can still happen under the right conditions because all of these 6-speed use predictive shifting. If the computer incorrectly predicts when to shift, it will do this. Wheel spin, steering wheel angle, and numerous other factors can cause this.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiSo their tune did increase power and clearly paid off at the track, but again with so many over sights and their refusal to admit these and then with my last experience of skipping a gear, I've reverted back to the 91 tune just to have my check engine light from my exhaust off or I would revert to stock and wait till I have the money to get a tune from unleashed. Maybe it's because they feel like I'm not educated enough in the tuning department that they think I'm a moron and so they just dismiss me and will only focus on those that constantly kiss their butts and sing them praise and throw money at them left and right that they don't give two craps about me, my $50k truck and my $3k of their products.

We never treat our customers differently because of money they do, or do not spend. Nor their amount of understanding, or lack of understanding on what we do. I am sorry if you took what we do and how we operate as lack of caring, but that couldn't be further from the truth. We pride ourselves on educating our customers, and guiding them down a path with nothing but honesty, and integrity. However, taking the high road is difficult. People always want to see good, honest people have faults. And sure, we do, we are human after all. But we don't lie to our customers.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiOh and I can't say I've noticed any difference from 2 bar to 3 bar I originally thought maybe it didn't idle as rough, but I'm pretty sure it was a placebo effect of me wanting to think something was better.

The reason behind the 3-bar isn't to make more power, it's to better control boost. Unlike other companies who do a 3-bar to run more boost than ~14.5# (which doesn't make any more power since the stock turbos are done at 15#, anything higher just generates heat and actually hurts power, if you know what you're doing) we do it so that if the boost spikes past that amount, the computer can understand by how much, and react accordingly. It wouldn't know the difference between a 14.9# spike compared to a 30# spike with a 2-bar, but I think everyone here can agree that they would need a completely different amount of changes to get boost under control. That's why we suggest running a 3-bar sensor. Safety.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiI'm interested to see them dance around the bush here like they did with my meth install quote in a thread here which I deleted as well as my exhaust thread on the other forum just out of respect to them which I now regret because at this point I will continue to share my story so that hopefully they don't screw others like they have me as they clearly do not have the right people chiming in on these forums and or responding to emails/phone calls which is hinted at throughout these forums. Take your money they will, give you what you ask for they won't, then deny everything and beat around the bush some more if you don't kiss their butt.

I again apologize that what we provided didn't fit what your expectations of us. We have zero problems talking about the situation. I believe the focus was on 3 different pieces. #1 transport cost.  Our truck leaves from here, gets you, and comes back, twice. In your case, that's 8,000 miles. The cost of diesel fuel alone for us to do this was over $4000, not counting tolls, urea for the truck, food for the driver, hotel stays for the driver so he can rest, wear/tear on the truck/trailer, etc. #2 was the discount given to you. The package normally has our tuner, and a single charge for custom dyno tuning dyno time, and adjusting of the methanol system. Since you already had the tuner, it was removed from the quote, and you were given an additional discount. While that discount may not seem like much, it was a discount on top of another discount. #3 was that there was any charge for dyno at all. You felt you already paid for that. But that isn't true. Purchasing a tuner does not grant access to the dyno, or dyno related services. We never have a problem talking about things with our customers, and finding out if there is a solution that could be found.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiLike their fantom Xv1 tune.

This tune is not a phantom. It has been in a number of F150's for some time, and has been fully released for all strategy codes.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiI recall a SHOs turbos caught on fire, how long till they admitted fault there, and what's happening with that?

No SHO caught fire. The car had smoke coming from the turbos. A problem that happens on bone stock cars. We picked up the car, for free, repaired it for free, and the customer was so happy he decided to do a built engine and is having us hold it until the weather breaks so we can take it to the track and bump our 11.9 world record, since no one else has come close.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiYou see the guy now singing them praises even after being without his vehicle for a year and still no numbers to prove why he is even singing them praises and a complete 180° change in attitude in that situation, I'm guessing it was his only option as to not be left high and dry by them.

He's happy because he knew everything we were doing, and can't wait to take that title of fastest SHO. And we have every intent of delivering on that :)

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiSomeone please show me other wise and explain to me who's butt I should have kissed to get them to just once admit they are wrong and messed up and done something to make it right, because,in 2 years come emissions you think they are going to start paying my penalty fees from then on?

Downpipes from all manufacturers are offroad use only. The cats may be 49 state legal, but that doesn't make the downpipes legal. Unfortunately others out there aren't as open about this fact as we are.

Quote from: AirbornemaikaiI'm looking for a good honest company to do business with who appreciates my business and is honestly interested in helping me achieve becoming the fastest explorer sport in the northwest, (I think I already am) but that I actually feel comfortable with not being worried about what they may have overlooked and cause me to be out money I cannot afford to be out. I feel like I have been more than fair in my attitude considering the situation and even still don't try and deny the fact that their tune has done some good for my explorer. I'm not discrediting their tuning product and bashing them, I'm simply letting everyone know my honest experience with them and how they have essentially refused to work with me as I don't have a problem calling them out when they continue to try and brush me under the rug. Makes me sick to be treated like crap and a nobody by an American company on an American car, hell they don't even offer a military discount

We absolutely do offer a military discount!

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/pages/Livernois-Motorsports-Military-Discount.html

We greatly appreciate the sacrifices that those in the Military, Law enforcement, and EMT field and do what we can any time it's possible!

At the end of the day, we want you, and all of our customers to be happy. So, to ask the question, what is it that would do so for you?

We can't do things that are dangerous for the car, and we won't break the law, but outside of that we do our best for everyone.

loweredd

Wow. Game. Set. Match.

Pretty sure everything was just answered and taken care of right there. Very awesome reply.
2010 Eco Flex

Map, plugs, thermostat, 91 Torrie Tune.

Airbornemaikai

I'm not sure the purpose of loweredds response other than to try and stir the pot.
Of course my emails were pleasant, I try to make them pleasant, why should I have to always come off as upset or a turd when I would rather be polite and try and get things sorted out
I appreciate you being willing to respond to my post yet for you to try and dissect it the way you did I find quite humorous and one of the reasons I think of you guys as pompous, it's because of exactly this type of thing and response. As others have mentioned I seem to be a Unicorn but the attempt at damage control you just tried is astounding. I said I called and asked about passing readiness if I bought the package and was told YES, that's what I'm saying, if you want to deny this fact then go right ahead, it's your word against mine and I've clearly already lost that battle as I'm out the money and won't pass readiness. I didn't ask only about the exhaust as I clearly purchased the dp and exhaust after being told no problems. Your website did NOT list the explorer dp with cats as off-road use only, so why are you saying it did? I'm not sure where you are being open about this fact other than right now, because it sure wasn't in my previous correspondences either. Then you don't acknowledge the fact that you guys sent me the wrong tune after receiving all my info and after back and forth emails where I provided all that info 2xs and then was asked a 3rd time for it but never received any results until I did get upset in my email. You want to try and dissect my post why don't you include my first round of emails I had with you folks then since you guys are so on the ball? From the get go you never got me the correct tune to account for the thermostat until a year later. Which by the way it is 190° no matter how many times you say it isnt. Motorcraft part # rt-1172. Anybody and everybody can look up that part number and see for themselves, or they can listen to you. As you mentioned, about the shift issue being a ford issue, that's what I gained in another forum from LMS response, yet when I email describing my issue asking a question this was not mentioned or addressed in that email only a suggestion that I was turning too aggressively, which was not the case. The only suggestion I was offered was to reload the tune so I'm not sure what "suggestions there were". I'm not even going to further address the other customers turbo experience as anyone who believe your response deserves to believe it. I shouldn't have to pry and point out these things for you guys to mention them, it should be automatically brought up on your part as that's what customer service is all about. Then let me get this straight, you list dyno tune in the package, slap a price on it, but say it's not included? Also the simplest thing such as a picture of the correct intake on your webpage seems to have been too hard to come up with as well even after I emailed and pointed this out, it's these simple things you guys constantly over look, don't address, and then finally try and muster up a response to what fits your prerogative but still don't address or admit your mistake until someone finally discusses it publicly, and even then wont come completely clean. So you guys do offer a military discount yet when I called and specifically asked about this I was told no you do not have or offer any such discount. In your small print yes it does say it varies by product line, so of course good on you to pretend you offer such a discount but then just say no when inquired about it. Again my post was never to bash your product, I think if anyone read this they would see its addressing your customer service which in my experience has been mostly unpleasant, not entirely, just mostly. My entire intent behind this post is exactly what has been accomplished, get you guys to chime in, let the public see and then help the community. It offered you LMS the chance to explain how and why you do certain things and for potential or current customers to see if they have an issue in relation to any of this they may not be the only one and or how to go about getting it corrected. This is a community for the promotion of the ecoboost platform and to help spread knowledge and experiences. Case in point, look you gave some feedback about your 3bar tuning thats not in the 3bar thread. Again I never came in here with an intent of trying to dismantle your customer base, I clearly said your product has woken up my vehicle and that I thoroughly enjoy it. If there is never negative feedback on negative experiences, how could things ever improve and how would things ever be corrected!? This is also why my title is labeled the way it is as a rant, not as "pos LMS stay away", because it is exactly that, a rant about my experience. I understand as a company you do and say what you do to promote your business, but as myself and others have discussed in this forum and another forum, your guys attitude about things you do being the only way, or the best way, or the proper way, is just your job as a company to try and push that to promote business but consumers should know from others that is not actually the case. I've bought your product and may continue to use your tune for some time until I can go with unleashed, main reason being to support e85, I can deal with sub par customer service I just won't deal with it forever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

Livernois Motorsports

Our intent is not to go back and forth, but to help you understand things, and make certain you are happy. We have been trying to call you since Saturday and the phone just rings and rings, so maybe we don't have the correct number on file. If you could PM us the correct number we would like to go over these items on the phone with you.

CroR1

I don't mean to bug in, but at this point it seems that the only solution for the op is to revert back to factory cats and factory tune to pass the emissions, and then switch back again. Lots of work, it sucks. I also learned something out of this.

ZSHO

I think it will be better for both parties if this thread is closed and hopefully they can resolve there diffrences in a amicable manner.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|