• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS Rant

Started by Airbornemaikai, February 14, 2015, 04:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CroR1

maybe it would be a good idea to have a sticky for people who live in states were emissions are required.

Airbornemaikai

I do not think closing this is the answer. People aka consumers need to be able to see all experiences whether good or bad about these companies. I figured what better place to give my experience than a popular forum where people who are interested in these purchases can get real feedback that's not just popular for the company. If someone asked me if I thought they should purchase an LMS tuner for their ecoboosted vehicle I would say sure, but make sure of this and this as I would with any tuner or product someone would be spending money on. I'm simply sharing my own personal experience and hoping to help others who may have had similar experiences or issues. Isn't that what its about? Do I wish my experience was more pleasant? Sure I do, but I did not post this asking for LMS to chime in, they chose to do so, this was not me coming here looking for a back and forth. It is what it is, but I personally would rather be able to find things like this as a consumer to help educate myself on companies, products and future purchases. I'm pretty sure as consumers we can all agree there is good and bad with every company in existence, but I always find myself a skeptic when all you can ever find is 100% positive feedback yet I am experiencing difficulty myself with said company. Its because of things like this, where not everyone agrees on something so it gets removed. I do not believe removing this would serve any purpose other than to silence my experience which I chose to voice here.
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

SHOdded

Topic's not going to get removed.  But I do hope LME can remedy any grievances you have.  Like you said, can't expect any company to have a 100% positive rating, all the time.  That's a monumental task.  It's what they do to set things right that count.

In the meantime, if you do have the pipes switched out for emissions testing, remember it takes time for readiness monitors to complete their cycle.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FracaSHO

Just to throw this out there:

I had headers on my '04 F-150 that caused the check engine light to go on. The code was catalytic system inefficient, or something like that. I would just use my tuner to clear the code. When I had to go for emissions I would wait a week after clearing the code (sometime it would go after a few days, sometimes a few weeks). Point is, if I cleared the code and waited 5 to 7 days, the system would be ready and I would show no codes. A PITA, but I only had to worry about it every 2 years. 
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

BlackJac

2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

BOOSTD SHO

My SHO was the one that the turbo's were smoking...  It did not catch fire.
I am a very non-emotional individual, and I am not praising or changing my opinion 180 degrees.

Yes, first go around LMS built my car with larger turbo wheels in the factory turbo housings, which leaked oil past the seals, etc.  Based on this they took the car back and have had it for quite a long time doing the build as it sits today.  I am hopeful that the car when I get it back is 100% flawless RTG, and is within the top 4 fastest in the country in the 1/4 mile. 

IMHO, LMS has pioneered the EB platforms across the board.  Without tuners and shops like this we as performance enthusiasts would be years behind. 

Mike

2013 SHO PP All Black.  Looking for 500 WHP+

ZSHO

I have to agree and give Livernois Motorsports the utmost gratitude and appreciation for pioneering the E.B PLATFORM with not only with there fine tuning and performance bolt on's,but taking the platform to another level by engineering internal modifications and surpassing one's expectations,with that said hopefully BOOSTD SHO will updated us on any substantial performance gains on his vehicle and best of luck.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|