• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Not good

Started by SHOnUup, February 08, 2015, 02:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Thanks for the kind words.

Looking at insurance policy, it says any repair shop of our choosing.

Full story is that she had to make the famous Michigan turn-around to make a left. She pulls into turn-around with Mustang following. Only a 100 yards after the intersection, so that's the distance back to light to make the right turn now. She gives it a little pedal while leaving and gets over the 3 lanes into RIGHT HAND TURN ONLY lane stopping at a full red. Before she even came to full stop he drilled her.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Quote from: donky4444 on February 08, 2015, 09:42:23 PM
Glad nobody was hurt. Maybe insurance will buy you a catback now since the tip is damaged.
I like those kinda thoughts... ;)

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

nickstewartroc

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 08, 2015, 10:02:23 PM
Glad nobody was hurt. Maybe insurance will buy you a catback now since the tip is damaged.

Rich

Thats exactly what I did! Worked out sweet!
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SHOnUup

Quote from: nickstewartroc on February 08, 2015, 10:11:01 PM

Rich

Just looked at your incident. Looks like the high ride height of the SHO in the back helps us out alot.

Glad to see no injuries occurred also.

Was the only damage to your exaust the tip, and what was the stock exaust cost if you remember?

Rich

ZSHO

It will be cool if you know somebody that can guide you to a reputable body shop not only fixing the damage but also having your coilovers,tierods installed,etc in one shot,these body shops always give a higher estimate,thats why they rather deal with insurance co than having you pay out of your pocket,just a thought.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on February 09, 2015, 09:22:21 AM
It will be cool if you know somebody that can guide you to a reputable body shop not only fixing the damage but also having your coilovers,tierods installed,etc in one shot,these body shops always give a higher estimate,thats why they rather deal with insurance co than having you pay out of your pocket,just a thought.
Good ideas.

I'm pretty worried about the air leak in rear door along with the noticeable difference in the gaps. Looking back at Nicks accident, pretty similar, that's a hefty total to fix. I'm thinking frame might be more bent than that 1/4" he had also. All speculation right now.

If I don't like the inspection by either of the insurance companies, we will pay for an independent one if need be.

Hoping it's just a little fixable twist, maybe get some of a cat back system covered and we can BOOST ON!

Rich

SHOnUup

We have a Ford dealer within a half mile of our house. I previously asked them about paint correction and they said they have a body repair shop they use down the street for that. Thinking I want to check those guys out.

Rich

nickstewartroc

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 08, 2015, 10:19:28 PM
Quote from: nickstewartroc on February 08, 2015, 10:11:01 PM

Rich

The stock exhaust I think was like 1100, even though it was just the tip that get beat up, since its all one piece up to the down pipes, they had to replace it.

Just looked at your incident. Looks like the high ride height of the SHO in the back helps us out alot.

Glad to see no injuries occurred also.

Was the only damage to your exaust the tip, and what was the stock exaust cost if you remember?

Rich
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

BlackJac

Also look for a shop that backs all structural and paint repairs with a lifetime warranty. Good luck.
2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

SHOnUup

Quote from: BlackJac on February 09, 2015, 10:29:22 AM
Also look for a shop that backs all structural and paint repairs with a lifetime warranty. Good luck.
Thanks for the tip.

Rich

PokerMunkee

Sucks man.  My wife was rear ended at a stop light last week and got diagnosed with a concussion.  Head was hurting and gets dizzy.  Missed 3 days of work.  The guy's insurance is paying for everything.  Tempted in getting an attorney but wife doesn't want to.

Been nice with a brand spankn' new 2015 Suburban.  Going to swap it in for a 2015 Expedition this week and then a Tahoe.  My as well get some nice long test drives on insurance's expense.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOnUup

Quote from: PokerMunkee on February 09, 2015, 11:11:19 AM
Sucks man.  My wife was rear ended at a stop light last week and got diagnosed with a concussion.  Head was hurting and gets dizzy.  Missed 3 days of work.  The guy's insurance is paying for everything.  Tempted in getting an attorney but wife doesn't want to.

Been nice with a brand spankn' new 2015 Suburban.  Going to swap it in for a 2015 Expedition this week and then a Tahoe.  My as well get some nice long test drives on insurance's expense.
Sorry to hear man. I'd suggest taking every step possible. Even if it's just a consult with attorney on how to properly document everything.

A good friend of mines wife was hit a year ago. At the time it wasn't bad, just stiffness and headaches. 6 months later she can't sleep, headaches still there, and now some numbness in her back. The fight they're in now is twice as complicated, and she's had to go back and day by day try and document all of her activities.

Hope all goes well with the wife and her health, the back and neck are quite complicating.

Hoping to, and willing to chip in some for top notch rentals also!

Rich

SHOdded

Quote from: PokerMunkee on February 09, 2015, 11:11:19 AM
My wife was rear ended at a stop light last week and got diagnosed with a concussion.  Head was hurting and gets dizzy.  Missed 3 days of work. 
Sound advice from Rich!  Hope she recovers in the shortest possible time, PM!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Dont want to set a bad example but after some legal issues in the past,learned the hard way about laws pertaining to stature of limitations and how much time frame you have to file a claim in your state,cause every state has a different protocol to follow,hope this helps someone and maybe you want to think it over twice  http://www.carinsurancecomparison.com/how-much-time-do-you-have-to-file-a-car-insurance-claim/

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Well the SHO got dropped off Thursday morning. They're saying 4-5 days, but don't have trunk pan on their list of parts. I hope they don't try to mold it back into shape, as my thoughts were if the frame is bent at all, a new pan welded in would help secure the fix. We will see.

The wife dropped it off and since I put out the question of what to get as a rental quite late, she just said AWD is needed. So, they gave her a Mazda cx-5 AWD. Poor seemingly little car. She doesn't mind it, but I drove it last night, and wow.

The mighty 2.5 Liter 4 cylinder musters an outrageous 184 H.P. to lug the 4500 lbs. of shaking fury down the road.

So I hop in the shoebox and see the impacts of the repair shop/dealer having their water pipes burst that week. DIRTY. Then you see the strategically hidden start/stop button (must be anti-theft...lol).

It actually feels a little peppy for a 4 cylinder. 25k on it and I think the power transfer(whatever "they" call it) is going...lol, or its a torque monster. Downfall is when you get on it a little it has a horrible vibration and the hood is visibly shaking.

Radio is pretty weak and you seem to have to turn the volume knob multiple times around to get a change.

But....it does have a middle counsel mounted hand brake and we're expecting a few inches of snow today.  ;D

If the wife's ok with it, it'll be fine. ;)

I'm currently waiting for a call on "exact" damage once they get it apart and on the "frame" machine.

Rich