• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First intercooler I've seen.

Started by SHOnUup, January 16, 2015, 10:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Maybe it could be modified to retain lower grille?

Zero2Sixty Motorsports

Price from owner of the vehicle said it would be a $1000 for the kit. That's not from seller so who knows?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

J-Will

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

J-Will

More pics are on the vendors FB page
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SHOnUup

Asked him if they have #'s and dyno work. No go

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

bpd1151

Looks like I may have to remount my Auxiliary Tranny Cooler to ABOVE the bumper.

Shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I wonder if the Mobsteel (lower) grille can still be retained as it's much thinner than stock?

If not, again, no biggie.

Try'n to scope that plumbing on the psgr side (from the image posted of front clip off) makes me wonder about the OEM washer tank. Was it removed?

If so, then there goes my Methanol Reservoir.

Would take a lil more work to plumb a new one in, albeit in a different location at that.

Or maybe different plumbing of the intercooler itself perhaps?

IDK. :shrug:

Great find btw! :ok:

Looks promising. Now to see the tangible results / improvements over the OEM cooler.

Speaking of that, does the aftermarket unit completely replace the OEM unit, or supplement it?

So many questions!

Josephm

I spoke with them on there Facebook account. They plan to make duplicates, there is a picture of just the kit as well they posted when I asked if they planned to reproduce the kit
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

bpd1151

I know Rich was speaking to the actual vehicle owner as well.

Maybe between the two of you, you guys can pull some extra pics from there, & re-post 'em here.

Some of us don't do FB (like me) due to employer imposed restrictions.

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Josephm

I believe that reservoir stays in same location. It looks like it from that last picture
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

bpd1151

I would agree.

One less hassle to worry about.

Whew.

Josephm

It will be nice to have the piping and we can swap put the core if its not big enough
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

Would like to see that last shot with the piping in place to be sure about the reservoir, but like bpd said, relocation can be done ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!