• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First intercooler I've seen.

Started by SHOnUup, January 16, 2015, 10:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on January 16, 2015, 10:02:01 PM
Maybe it could be modified to retain lower grille?

Zero2Sixty Motorsports

Price from owner of the vehicle said it would be a $1000 for the kit. That's not from seller so who knows?

Rich
Awesome find Rich,cooool stuff there!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Washer res was moved.

If you're using meth, would this thing still help?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

bpd1151

Maybe someone who has access to FB, can shoot a suggestion over to the vendor and ask if they could take the two far ends/corners, as it relates to the face edge, or front of the IC, to angle those corners in a lil bit, and/or make those ends follow the curvature of the OEM bumper.

Perhaps by doing so, BEFORE THEY GO TO FINAL PRODUCTION, that the lower grille can possibly still be retained.

Judging by the pics, that doesn't seem like to unreasonable of a request, as it appears the amount necessary to trim/angle/curve down, appears minimal at best, in relation to the overall size of the IC itself.

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOnUup on January 17, 2015, 08:21:01 AM
Washer res was moved.

If you're using Meth, would this thing still help?

There are a few owners who have opted to run a larger Meth Reservoir in the trunk (in lieu of using the OEM Washer Tank commonly used), and simply plumbed the lines from the trunk, all along the undercarriage, and up to the pump.

Not a big deal in all reality, but somewhat labor intensive nonetheless.

I would think that given the anticipated benefits of running a larger, after market IC, would outweigh the inconvenience of relocating the Meth Res, and it's corresponding plumbing.

SHOnUup

Quote from: Josephm on January 17, 2015, 02:25:22 AM
Here's another pic
This pic makes it look like the grille does fit?

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Sabtaj1

I see they have this kit for sale on their site now.  and its $100 off.  Too bad it probably wont work on a flex.  but incase anyone was still wondering about the kit.  its $899 on their site.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

EcoPowerParts

Black Market Racing built one for Jacob's car here locally, pure one off big IC setup.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Sabtaj1

13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

Wilson

Erick was telling me about the stuff you guys are doing with that car. It's going to be a beast when it's all said and done!  Should easily be the fastest/highest HP SHO when you guys finish.

Curious is his car non PP by chance?  If so,  was adaptive cruise relocated?

Wanting to do an intercooler but wondering if either A. it can be relocated or B. IDS can flash me to only use standard cruise.

Wilson

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

14SHOCAR

Quote from: Wilson on May 21, 2015, 05:30:34 PM

Wanting to do an intercooler but wondering if either A. it can be relocated or B. IDS can flash me to only use standard cruise.

Wilson

Wilson, I believe it fits pp and non-pp models.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

Wilson

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on June 23, 2015, 10:58:43 AM
Quote from: Wilson on May 21, 2015, 05:30:34 PM

Wilson

Hmm I need to confirm with Z2S then.  Thought I read somewhere you'd have to relocate the adaptive cruise radar. Hopefully that's not the case!

Wilson

Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

bpd1151

Quote from: Wilson on June 23, 2015, 11:05:02 AM
Quote from: 14SHOCAR on June 23, 2015, 10:58:43 AM
Quote from: Wilson on May 21, 2015, 05:30:34 PMWanting to do an intercooler but wondering if either A. it can be relocated or B. IDS can flash me to only use standard cruise.

Wilson

Hmm I need to confirm with Z2S then.  Thought I read somewhere you'd have to relocate the adaptive cruise radar. Hopefully that's not the case!

Wilson

You were/are correct Wilson...... Z2S thought it would require relocation as quoted by them below.......

Quote from: Zero2Sixty on January 18, 2015, 05:00:56 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on January 18, 2015, 03:21:02 PM
Looks like it won't allow the sensors in the lower driver's side to work for adaptive cruise and collision avoidance.... True or false?

I love the unit,... If the above is true, maybe a unit capable of supporting "only" 750-800WHP that leaves these sensors and the protective facia in the lower valance in place for those who have these features?

Our test car does not have adaptive cruise so I cannot confirm it will fit or not. Just from pictures I have seen, I think it's safe to say it would need to be relocated.

The front grill and lower facia can both be used with this intercooler.

ACC Radar relocation issue aside......

Z2S has been eerily quiet on this entire matter and hasn't posted in several months.

It's beginning to travel down the path that so many other promises have in regards to promised mods, and/or proving their worth/claims.

I wouldn't hold your breath at this point.

SHOnUup

Here's another custom one that popped up last week...588 awhp I think

Rich

Wilson

Is Mike (EBPP) going to start selling these?  Hopefully he can chime in.

Wilson

EcoPowerParts

I can, you'll have to ship your car to Black Market Racing to have it installed though :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts