• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Ford GT with 3.5L Ecoboost with better then 600HP and carbon fiber

Started by Scott13SHO, January 12, 2015, 10:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

Livernois Motorsports

SHOnUup

I wonder what 3.5 is being used and if by any slim chance some of the drive train will be interchangeable. Doubtful I bet, but my fingers are crossed. Can only imagine the price on the parts $$$$!

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

AndyMan04

2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

AndyMan04

still though... 600hp from the 3.5L is quite impressive from factory. Even considering that the GTR Nismo is a 3.8L and maxed from the factory at 597hp... Defintely a step in the right direction.... but a small part of me was hoping that the new Ford GT would come with a V8.
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

SHOnUup

Says one of the highest HP to weight ratios to ever come out.

Rich

mval

i'm betting we will not see another 3.5l in a car from ford again, if they were going to put it in anything & do something with it would had done w/pony. they need all the 3.5l engines they can get for their moneymaker f150 & popular explorer. sho due to ford's lack of interest has floundered along since the first 2 years. in my opinion they are more worried about masses than performance which is a good thing for company's like LME. they had a chance to hit the performance world hard w/ 50 ann pony & what do they come up w/ but a 2.3l 4 cyl. meanwhile dodge with a super aged platform almost 10ys old hit the perormance world right between the eyes w/ hellcat w/ it's multiple tune ability standard & warrantied & even tied an automatic tranny to it warrantied. & rejunivated it tired r/t with multiple scatpack packages. they even put the hellcat engine in their dated charger. ford's answer next year if their is a sho will be the 2.7l.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOnUup

panther427

That is looking really good.. Really curious to hear what sound they come up with and all the tech specs..
2013 SHO

wasinger3000

"The GT features an all-new, port/direct dual fuel-injection setup to improve engine response, plus a low-friction roller-finger-follower valvetrain. The twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 will be paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch transaxle for near-instantaneous gear changes and exceptional driver control."
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

mval

wash:
only in this car, no pony or taurus/fusion & that's what i was saying.  but i may be wrong maybe they'll  keep it in the mks, maybe, depends on what they do with lincoln. that would sure be a way to diffentiate lincolns from fords. love to see price tag on gt !!! & if someone wants to say i'm a mopar lover well i have been but in my house my r/t is a dd & the sho is a show car that's what i think of the sho it's just ford came up with a powerhouse engine in our 3.5L & done nothing with in 5 years for common performance guy.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

wasinger3000

I don't see dodge making cold air intakes, throttle bodies, headers, ect for their vehicles. You can't expect ford to just start pumping out parts for it. The mustang has ford racing parts because it sells thousands of them a day.

Just the way it is for our cars. Kinda stuck in no man's land.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

painterpatt

Quote from: wasinger3000 on January 12, 2015, 11:57:57 AM
"The GT features an all-new, port/direct dual fuel-injection setup to improve engine response, plus a low-friction roller-finger-follower valvetrain. The twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 will be paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch transaxle for near-instantaneous gear changes and exceptional driver control."
Hmmm, didn't someone here already do that with the port/direct injection?
Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!

wasinger3000

Quote from: painterpatt on January 12, 2015, 01:03:04 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on January 12, 2015, 11:57:57 AM
Hmmm, didn't someone here already do that with the port/direct injection?
I'm sure they have. At least the valves will stay clean!