• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Ford GT with 3.5L Ecoboost with better then 600HP and carbon fiber

Started by Scott13SHO, January 12, 2015, 10:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FracaSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on January 12, 2015, 10:41:58 AM
I wonder what 3.5 is being used and if by any slim chance some of the drive train will be interchangeable. Doubtful I bet, but my fingers are crossed. Can only imagine the price on the parts $$$$!

Rich

I'm sure it's RWD so the 3.5L in it is probably based off the longitudinal EcoBoost found in the f-150's
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

panther427

That's a good read.  Bigger turbos was a given. But nice to see they did a lot more work than that.   I would fully consider a rapter now.  Curious if Gen 2 eco boost tech works into the SHO and mustang. 
2013 SHO

bpd1151

Kind of ironic that both myself, & EBPF founder 4DRHTRD both put out more power than the newly revealed 2017 Ford GT.

Obviously we both chose differing paths to obtain those achievements, but still......

The irony.

I too find it interesting to see how the advances may trickle down to, or apply to the "old" 3.5's as a whole down the road.

panther427

What I find really awesome is this is similar to the ecoboost concept with both types of injection.  Will be curious to see what type of control strategy is used on the fuel side.  Could possibly go full e 85 and water meth.  I bet 800 HP will be unlocked with a tune and meth.  Curious about there choice of turbos and inter coolers. 
2013 SHO

Dxlnt1

While I like the eye candy of the car's visual, I don't think I like the V6 engine. Some cars (american muscle) are meant to have the throaty roar of a V8. The Ford GT and Pantera have always had some of the best sounding exhaust notes of any cars.

Imagine a 4 cylinder Corvette, or V6 viper. Just doesn't do it for me. But the application in the Mustang as the every day killer and daily driver is a grand idea. And if Ford is targeting the Nissan, then throw the Fusion in mix. A 600hp 3500 lb fusion with awd Japanese stomper would be killer. And a daily driver.

Keep the Ford Super Car, a true Ford Super Car! That reinvented Coyote 5.0 engine is a great throwback of old and new technologies. Add some sauce to that.

Just my two cents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezN1GMEXb18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfDDLf_Vd2Q
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

PokerMunkee

Check out the Ford GT forum, a bunch of millionaires contacting dealers, offering $40K above sticker, to get on the lists.  The cars in their sigs is just ridiculous.  LOL.  I need a new career....
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

68_GT

2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

wasinger3000

Quote from: PokerMunkee on January 13, 2015, 05:20:09 PM
Check out the Ford GT forum, a bunch of millionaires contacting dealers, offering $40K above sticker, to get on the lists.  The cars in their sigs is just ridiculous.  LOL.  I need a new career....
Damn.... I bet dealers are going to love selling the GT.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOnUup

ZSHO

I guess with all the lightweight parts on the car,could see 600 bhp,then intake exhaust and a tune figure 700 horses,makes you wonder how hard those turbo's are working,be awesome if it sounds like a GTR,and hopefully no china related parts on there like some of the new trucks.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on January 14, 2015, 11:14:27 AM
I guess with all the lightweight parts on the car,could see 600 bhp,then intake exhaust and a tune figure 700 horses,makes you wonder how hard those turbo's are working,be awesome if it sounds like a GTR,and hopefully no china related parts on there like some of the new trucks.
I posted the audio clip somewhere around here.

Rich