• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A Question for LME on VTA

Started by BiGMaC, December 13, 2014, 08:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: sunwolf on March 24, 2015, 05:24:25 PM
Quote from: bigmoneycloser on December 17, 2014, 10:09:18 AM

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on December 17, 2014, 08:33:17 AM
Quote from: bigmoneycloser on December 16, 2014, 06:07:19 PM

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on December 16, 2014, 09:42:26 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on December 16, 2014, 09:14:00 AM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on December 16, 2014, 08:49:42 AM
Well these cars are speed density so no MAF so no issues there. As it's an auto you don't have engagement of the BoV during acceleration like a stick car due to lifting of the throttle. The cars notated are definitely stick vs our auto. I think it's a matter of hey those have ecoboost and this has an ecoboost so it must be the same.
I don't care either way, just want proof for the general population. There's no vendor slant to this request just hey if you're going to say it then prove it and this is a pretty big statement IMHO.
First...I respect all your info and efforts to push this platform forward. Without your efforts we'd be years behind still.

Second....I've only heard of and have quit reading anything here pertaining to the differences between certain parties. I DON'T CARE...I just like cars and want everyone to succeed.

When you comment on issues, it should carry added weight being the owner and parts supplier.

When MDESIGN brings out new CAI and handicaps a known performance killing CAI in comparison to tout 15 HP gain, I'd expect a comment in there wanting more testing at least to tout these #'s on my site.

I still feel MDesign CAI is the best one for us, but if there's no solid data needed here, why is it needed elsewhere.

I guess it's the consistency I'm looking for.

Rich

Sorry Rich, I didn't see those statements, I just saw this one. I've been working 5:30 until 2:30 day job and 3pm until 11pm M-F and Sat 6a to 10p getting new shop ready, getting cars read for an event this last weekend etc. I try to read as much as I can and post where I can. I'd love to see dyno's proving any CAI making more HP, it would definitely validate the product.

Well I posted 10+ HP gains on my before and after dynos... With just the MDesign intake vs the air raid intake....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the problem is this, how was the testing done.

We went through great lengths to perform testing as accurately as possible. This means ECT, ACT, Ambient conditions, oil temp, etc were all as close as possible to provide accurate testing, and then back it up with track tests.

The problem is most people that "self test" do not realize how small things can effect a test dramatically. therefor skewing their results, and often creating doubt about a good product, and faith in a useless product for the community as a whole.

Unfortunately, testing things and having accurate data has never really had an impact on whether the community believes in a product or not. As mentioned in here earlier, we constantly get berated for information about our claims (even though our claims always back themselves up), while other companies can just say "man, this is awesome, you need it" and people take them at their word. Never mind we have uninstalled "miracle upgrades" on these cars and had them run better and more consistent at the track.

At the end of the day, if someone is OK with putting on a part that has zero performance benefit, and usually a deficit due to the other required parts, then that's fine with us since it isn't creating a durability concern. We just want people to be educated about it rather than buying into hype, or thinking it will do something it won't.

Well, since you quoted me on this and referenced my claims, let me fill you in.

I am a HUGE LMS fan! Every performance part on my Xsport came from LMS!(except my new intake)

I am not a big car guy, but love all my LMS performance upgrades and tell everyone about them! Unfortunately I am more of a check book guy Becuase of time and knowledge. I prefer to pay the experts to install my performance and aftermarket products...

With that said, I took a chance on a new product developed for our cars. I'm not a dyno wizard. But I had a before and after dyno done within 45 minutes of eachother first with the air raid and then the new MDesign intake. It did show 10+ HP gains.

There was not a scientific controlled setting, just a dyno run before and after.

It kinda annoys me that you discredit the "testing" of this intake without knowing how I had it tested? Maybe I had it done in the FORD test lab! You don't know. You didn't ask.
For someone who is always challenged here I would think you wouldn't do that. I know you don't like it when others do it to you.

With all that said, I challenge YOU LMS!
Spend the $350 for this new intake and test it in your controlled environment!
The developer is local. Allow him to watch you test it. Let the results speak for them self! There is no down side for you here.
If the intake tanks in your controlled setting, "your right" you win. If the intake performs well, you make an exclusive offer to sell, you also win.....
I bet he would give you one for free.
Test it on a stock vehicle and test it on a mod'ed vehicle..

Looking forward to see if your up to the challenge in the name of Accuair testing and advancing the platform..

Thanks
And much love from a FOREVER LMS customer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to revive a dead thread. I was considering a dyno tune this summer. I would be willing to use my car for the test and I will buy the winning air intake provided it beats the stock one.

Also I just removed the tubes from the stock BOV for my VTA. Just to be clear, In this case am I sacrificing anything?

Yes... you are missing the recompression of a lot, if not most, of the vaporized oil, water, and unburnt fuel from the CC blowby going into the turbo air feed to the front turbo.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

sunwolf

Well if the VTA is going to hurt the car then I guess the tubes go back on.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

BiGMaC

Quote from: sunwolf on March 24, 2015, 05:47:42 PM
Well if the VTA is going to hurt the car then I guess the tubes go back on.
Please don't misinterpret my facetious comment... Th CC blowby is bad for the turbo blades--> causes coking and gums up the IC and TB... VTA IMHO is good.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

navbtcret

I still do not believe that the BOV opening for a split second when you get off the gas hurts performance. I have a tial BOV on mine and when the car is idling the BOV is closed. It opens when I let off the gas after a spirited stomp on the gas pedal and then closes. It does not open as the car is shifting, you would hear it if it did. So I still would need proof that VTA hurts performance. The tubes were put on for emissions IMHO.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

Quote from: navbtcret on March 25, 2015, 10:48:18 AM
I still do not believe that the BOV opening for a split second when you get off the gas hurts performance. I have a tial BOV on mine and when the car is idling the BOV is closed. It opens when I let off the gas after a spirited stomp on the gas pedal and then closes. It does not open as the car is shifting, you would hear it if it did. So I still would need proof that VTA hurts performance. The tubes were put on for emissions IMHO.
Agree entirely!... EPA mandates a "closed" system.  I have no proof, but also doubt any performance deficits... I also have no proof for my belief that VTA removes some of the recycling of CC blowby thus sparing our engine's intake valves and turbo blade this insult.

FoMoCoSHO

While I don't believe it will hurt anything, be aware that this specific mod is on Ford's "how to void their warranty" TSB.

That being said, Ford seems to be relaxing a bit on the mod issue....

sunwolf

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 25, 2015, 12:01:48 PM
While I don't believe it will hurt anything, be aware that this specific mod is on Ford's "how to void their warranty" TSB.

That being said, Ford seems to be relaxing a bit on the mod issue....
Ok I took mine to the dealer while VTA and they didn't care. I thought it would fall under air in air out mods which are ok as long as there is no CEL.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4