• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford GT on the rise...

Started by AndyMan04, November 10, 2014, 10:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyMan04

apparently Ford is going to announce the Ferrari slaying Ford GT once again at the Detroit Auto Show.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1410_future_ford_gt_first_look/

but there is something else that caught my attention,... if you read a few paragraphs down, he mentions the SHO and how it can easily produce 600hp..
"I remember years ago at the launch of the Taurus SHO -- one of the first vehicles to receive the 3.5-liter EcoBoost mill -- an engineer explained that while the SHO only makes 365 hp, the engine can easily produce 600 hp and still be reliable."

Looks like the Blue Oval is scoring some points as I am sure the new Corvette ZL1 will probly be announced around this time too.
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

SHOnUup

Awesome share!

Time to turn these things UP!!!

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

That's great to see. I really do hope they do make the GT again.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

A sub-2-second 0-60 GT with a top end > 250 mph ... hmmmmm ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

What's easy for Ford seems not so easy for owners!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

vernonator

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on November 10, 2014, 01:17:42 PM

The limits that we SHO owners seem to be hitting is the transmission NOT the engine.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

IHeartGroceries

I guess easy is subjective then.

2013 SHO PP

MDesign Performance

Quote from: vernonator on November 10, 2014, 02:14:24 PM

The limits that we SHO owners seem to be hitting is the transmission NOT the engine.

I might be hitting that soon!
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

Airbornemaikai

2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

pejohnson

I don't know if that is necessarily true.  It is my understanding the transmissions can handle more than 600 hp.  I would ask, how many transmissions have failed thus far?  I can count reading only of a few on this forum that have had issues.  Not suggesting that this statement is wrong, I would just suggest the transmission can handle more than we think. Time will tell.

Quote from: vernonator on November 10, 2014, 02:14:24 PM

13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

IHeartGroceries

Oh. So it's axles, RDUs and PTUs.

2013 SHO PP

MDesign Performance

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on November 10, 2014, 09:49:02 PM
Oh. So it's axles, RDUs and PTUs.

If we get enough people interested, we could get stronger gears and axles CNC machined.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

FoMoCoSHO

I haven't heard of anyone snapping any axles yet and it's my understanding that our AWD bleeds power forward when it hits its max power handling.

IHeartGroceries

I thought the rear was limited to delivering 150 foot lbs or something miniscule like that. There's still an embarrassing transfer unit up front which has a scarily limited amount of oil calacity. It's saving grace seems to come from auxiliary cooling found on interceptor and PP models.

2013 SHO PP

FoMoCoSHO

I'm not sure anybody really knows the answer. Lots of conflicting data on the interwebs , its been written that they went back to haldex because the ford in house version couldn't take Ecoboost power. Allegedly our system can go 100% to the rear too, but who knows.

I think crash works at Chicago plant, maybe he could get some answers.

short of that my plan is the get pics of casings and stampings the next time the car is in the air and see if I can figure ot out.

if it is Haldex, they are quite stout and will bleed power to protect themselves. And I think they're rated for like 2200+ lb ft of torque.