• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford GT on the rise...

Started by AndyMan04, November 10, 2014, 10:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunwolf

Quote from: wasinger3000 on November 11, 2014, 04:03:41 PM
Here is a launch. You can see the activity from the launch is fully engaged. AWD Gauge demonstrated: http://youtu.be/GSz8OaivNQI
That one shows rear bias.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

SHOnUup

As he brake boosts it sends power to the rear.

Any video without the brake boost launch?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on November 11, 2014, 04:30:30 PM
As he brake boosts it sends power to the rear.

Any video without the brake boost launch?

Rich
I can make one. I'll try to tonight if I have time.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: crash712us on November 11, 2014, 03:59:31 PM
Best possible torque split is 50/50 as the PTU is driven off the passenger front half shaft. As for the 150ftlb max torque spec, it's been so long ago I don't even remember where that number even came from. I would definitely like to talk to the person at LMS that told all this. Better yet I will go straight to Dan to get hear right from the horses mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Except I will say a halfshaft, I believe, is generally what is used to refer to a drive axle or propeller shaft on a transverse mounted engine car. Half shafts emerge from the transaxle.
The PTU is driven by a shaft from the transaxle, with the half shafts carried from the PTU, in addition to the PTU carrying the shaft which flanges to the drive shaft. The driveshaft is continually propelled by the carriers in the PTU, but only sees load when the rear clutchpack is actuated to the RDU, and them from there to the rear wheels.

If it is arranged in this manner, it is not mechanically possible to drive a rear bias. It would need a center diff or viscous coupler.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

AndyMan04

Quote from: vernonator on November 10, 2014, 02:14:24 PM
Quote from: IHeartGroceries on November 10, 2014, 01:17:42 PM
What's easy for Ford seems not so easy for owners!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The limits that we SHO owners seem to be hitting is the transmission NOT the engine.

I was under the impression that LMS was hitting engine detonation issues around 450hp. Didn't they advise you upgrade the rods and pistons if you going past that level? Reliability is a deciding factor after all. Or perhaps Ford knows something where they can easliy get 600hp from this engine we don't know.
Sure does make for intresting talk though :thumb:
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

SHOnUup

Ford's statements of 600 hp might not be at the wheels, as the 450 - 500 at the wheels would be close to the 600 statement then right?

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Correct.  Ford's statements were at the crank.  Even so, at least at one point, 700 hp was quoted, but that may be the "safe limit" w/out some type of upgrade.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AndyMan04

Quote from: SHOnUup on November 13, 2014, 09:08:41 AM
Ford's statements of 600 hp might not be at the wheels, as the 450 - 500 at the wheels would be close to the 600 statement then right?

Rich

now that you mention it, you are right. the 20% difference would make that difference.
The motorTrend head to head of the M5 vs E63 AMG is brought to mind.
They dyno'd both vechiles and claims were through the roof.
E63 advertised at 577hp at crank and made 541hp at the wheels... freaking scarey.
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

SHOnUup

Hey, the statement of, "even a stopped clock is right twice a day" comes to mind. Lol

Rich