• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Winter blend gas and E/85

Started by SHOnUup, October 12, 2014, 10:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Capturing any fuel trim data yet?  Though Torque's 1/10 of a second resolution may not be sufficient to capture the cause of the spike, hoping :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

My

LTFT1--LTFT2 --conditions
13.3---8.6-----idle
17.2---15.8----50 mph
15.6---13.3----80 mph
12.5---10.9----wot

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Bank 1 is definitely running leaner, much more so at idle.  Is that normal?  Also the numbers are much higher than on my naturally aspirated Edge, which tends to run maximum 2-4% LTFT.  Interested in seeing your numbers next time it is just pump gas (no blend).
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

That's the 2 gallon blend...that idle was cold start but warmed up...will do a check after warmed up and driven

Rich
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

10.9 and 6.2 at idle in park

Rich

SHOnUup

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 21, 2014, 12:05:18 PM
Bank 1 is definitely running leaner, much more so at idle.  Is that normal?  Also the numbers are much higher than on my naturally aspirated Edge, which tends to run maximum 2-4% LTFT.  Interested in seeing your numbers next time it is just pump gas (no blend).
My bank one also runs similarly leaner stock, stock+e, and tuned so I don't think there's an issue

FoMoCoSHO

Without knowing baseline straight gas numbers its really hard to tell how much extra enrichment is happening. What are your short terms doing? Are they close to zero?

No worries of a cel as that is allegedly tripped at +- 25%

Mine was well into the 30's at e55, no CEL or dtc's set.

My fuel tables seem to be completely different so the only thing I really have to compare is stock behavior.

Larrylu

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 21, 2014, 11:43:06 AM
My

LTFT1--LTFT2 --conditions
13.3---8.6-----idle
17.2---15.8----50 mph
15.6---13.3----80 mph
12.5---10.9----wot

Rich
Thanks for recording this Rich. Considering your custom blend fuel, I expected your LTFT to be higher than mine. Glad to see your left and right banks differing by a similar amount to mine also. I'm going to document my readings at the same speed points you chose so we can compare more accurately. Thanks again for checking this!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOnUup

Thx guys...maybe some non mixed results from Larry can help us here. I would try a tank of winter blend to see the difference if the knock return wasn't so bad.

Found out the distributors name, Coorigan, of the e/85 at BP here.  Guy said he would know the brand next time for me.

Rich

Larrylu

Some observations from last night

LTFT1-------LTFT2-------Conditions

3.9-----------2.7----------idle

8.9-----------6.5----------50mph

8.9-----------6.5----------70mph

0----------     -3.5---------high vac/throttle lift off

No WOT test

Readings decrease under moderate acceleration

My gut is telling me to look for a small vacuum leak. I'm almost positive these LTFT readings are creeping up because my recollection is that when I started with Torque a long time ago, that they were up and down both sides of zero by 1 or 2 points. Not sure though....my memory could be playing tricks on me!
On the winter fuel issue next tank I'll try Mobil 93 and see what my KR looks like with that brand.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOnUup

Makes me feel like I'm living up to my name comparing readings Larry, a bit "rich"....thanks for the data

Rich

ecoboostsho

Quote from: Larrylu on October 23, 2014, 10:24:38 AM

No WOT test

My gut is telling me to look for a small vacuum leak. I'm almost positive these LTFT readings are creeping up because my recollection is that when I started with Torque a long time ago, that they were up and down both sides of zero by 1 or 2 points. Not sure though....my memory could be playing tricks on me!
On the winter fuel issue next tank I'll try Mobil 93 and see what my KR looks like with that brand.
Larry my trims are similar to yours. I do not believe you have a vacuum leak. The only time I've been around zero for my trims is stock. I believe The car is compensating for the higher fuel requirement of being tuned...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Larrylu

Quote from: ecoboostsho on October 23, 2014, 11:31:00 AM
Quote from: Larrylu on October 23, 2014, 10:24:38 AM

No WOT test

Larry my trims are similar to yours. I do not believe you have a vacuum leak. The only time I've been around zero for my trims is stock. I believe The car is compensating for the higher fuel requirement of being tuned...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

That's some good news!  A much more pleasant theory than mine. Thank you for that info.

SHOdded

So fuel trims are still being calculated off the stock baseline?  That would indeed make sense :thumb: