• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hood Vents

Started by StealBlueSho, June 03, 2018, 10:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

i had this idea with the slp vent months ago and am still contemplating doing it when i get some spare time and funds. mocked it up tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

gtmorgan23

Quote from: lamrith on June 06, 2018, 01:48:44 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on June 06, 2018, 12:18:16 AM
Like the GT style vent :thumb:  Looks stupendous!

Consider that the most heat gets trapped over bank 1 though, next to the firewall.  A pic was posted showing where snow melted first.
If I recall when I was wandering around here when looking to buy my SHO it was routinely mentioned to remove the windshield flashing to allow hot air to escape.  I would think that and the hood vents in unison would offer considerable improvement to underhood temps and vent that firewall area...

any truth to removing the windshield flashing? I am guessing it is kind of like making a sudo cowl hood.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on June 06, 2018, 02:27:27 PM
i had this idea with the slp vent months ago and am still contemplating doing it when i get some spare time and funds. mocked it up tho

This is the exact setup I am getting a quote for this week.

DerricksSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 06, 2018, 09:38:40 AM
Quote from: DerricksSho on June 05, 2018, 10:33:53 PM
Sorry it took me so long. Here is what it looks like. Put it in more for the functionality to help with IAT's.
I'm dig'n the look, as well as the color.

Well thought out, and well executed. Bravo.

Thanks,
Next is to put my Alky meth on and I need to update my mod list.
BrewCityBoost tuned,3 Bar, LMS thermostat
CAI M-Design upgraded stock turbo's
LMS down pipes (Catless) 3" Custom exhaust
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!

gtmorgan23

2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

irondoor19

Quote from: DerricksSho on June 06, 2018, 09:11:23 PM
Sorry it took me so long. Here is what it looks like. Put it in more for the functionality to help with IAT's.

Thanks,

Derrick:

Different Subject: Where Did you get the Chin Spoiler....?
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

StealBlueSho

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on June 07, 2018, 09:25:37 AM
SLP Vent?

Yes, thats what I am looking to install as well... was going to get a quote this week however... dealership has had the car all week so I have been unable to take it to the shop to get a quote.

jbrown9999

Been following this topic...where did the pics with the center vents go.  I thought they were on this thread.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

SHOdded

Tapatalk issues maybe?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on June 07, 2018, 08:49:38 PM
Tapatalk issues maybe?
Yes. I noticed a lot of pic attachments are all flubbed up today for reasons unknown.

ZSHO

It needs a Spankin! It's even giving me a hard time!  Agreed something with Tapatalk!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

It seems to be working now!  Fingers Crossed.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

DerricksSho

Quote from: irondoor19 on June 07, 2018, 02:09:16 PM
Quote from: DerricksSho on June 06, 2018, 09:11:23 PM

Thanks,

Derrick:

Different Subject: Where Did you get the Chin Spoiler....?

I got mine off Amazon. Its for a 2010 you have to trim it to make it fit. I lost my first one at higher speed so modified this one with brackets, elevator bolts and epoxy its held up so far.
BrewCityBoost tuned,3 Bar, LMS thermostat
CAI M-Design upgraded stock turbo's
LMS down pipes (Catless) 3" Custom exhaust
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!