• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Can`t decide between LMS and Unleashed for Ex Sport

Started by xsport, October 09, 2014, 12:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBOX

Quote from: ZSHO on October 09, 2014, 06:27:24 PM
Learned alot on this forum,met some interesting people and made alot of friends like BBOX,WASINGER and many more,next month will be a year since my father had multiple surguries and still recovering,so basically this forum kept my mind busy and kept my mind away from the negativity that i was dealing everyday with,so really dont give a rats *** which company is better,i appologize to anyone that i offended,thank you.

Just to be clear, you didn't offend me at all. I am about full disclosure of information, which is the only reason I mentioned your source post was directly from LMS because I think it's important for people to evaluate both the information presented and the credibility of the source is all. I also don't particularly care about what tuner anyone chooses, it's not like Torrie pays me for referrals or anything, but I like people to have as much information as possible, not just about their cars but about every decision they make, because I think it helps make better ones.

wasinger3000

Quote from: ZSHO on October 09, 2014, 06:27:24 PM
Learned alot on this forum,met some interesting people and made alot of friends like BBOX,WASINGER and many more,next month will be a year since my father had multiple surguries and still recovering,so basically this forum kept my mind busy and kept my mind away from the negativity that i was dealing everyday with,so really dont give a rats *** which company is better,i appologize to anyone that i offended,thank you.
I'm not upset. I consider everyone on here a friend. No need to throw that out the window. I just want a clean thread without spam from either companies.

I hope your father has a full recovery with many years to come.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

southtxSHO

Either of the two tuners are really good . They do a great job . I personally have LMS .
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

BBOX

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 09, 2014, 06:26:53 PM
Dyno tune...best option out there...as explained in the "hostile" post above.

One thing I was weary about was the changing conditions while data logging(temp, gas quality from run to run, road conditions, tire spin, etc etc etc)

It's nice having multiple tuners working hard at perfecting this platform for us and they both deserve thanks. Without competition things move slower.

Ecoboosting for the win!!!!

Rich

*cough cough* I said dyno tune was best in my post too *cough cough* :)

Let's all take a deep breath here folks, there's no need to get fired up about this. There's obviously two primary camps with passionate folks in both, but at the end of the day we're still talking about business who are looking to make money off of us. There's nothing wrong with that of course, but that also means its in their best interests to get as many of us to give them our money as possible and therefore in their interests to posit that you'll benefit more from their own product than from that of Company X.

SHOnUup

Couldn't agree more, as I always recommend either of these 2 tuners. I'm obviously biased towards Livernois, the home team for me, but have nothing but good things to say about Torrie as well(based on the great reviews from the guys here).

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

peppelepugh

take a gander at the last couple posts on this thread. A really neat feature i see that LMS has over Unleashed. I haven't gotten my tune yet, and i'm on the same fence you are.... thats for sure!

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3619.msg55930.html#msg55930
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

panther427

Decide if you want to run e 85 any brand water meth kit? Also do you want to data log.   If you answered yes to that stuff unleashed is your choice. If your more a plug and play guy go with lms
2013 SHO

BBOX

Quote from: peppelepugh on October 09, 2014, 08:24:38 PM
take a gander at the last couple posts on this thread. A really neat feature i see that LMS has over Unleashed. I haven't gotten my tune yet, and i'm on the same fence you are.... thats for sure!

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3619.msg55930.html#msg55930

That is an interesting feature. Torrie said no go on it?

peppelepugh

I have not, no. But thinking on how the MyCal is more of their product and the thread is related to their tuner and coding compared to the SCT X4, i'm guessing no. Maybe someone else can chime in on this?
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

BBOX

Quote from: peppelepugh on October 09, 2014, 09:00:48 PM
I have not, no. But thinking on how the MyCal is more of their product and the thread is related to their tuner and coding compared to the SCT X4, i'm guessing no. Maybe someone else can chime in on this?

I'll try to shoot him an email, I'm data logging and tuning with the meth kit so I'm in touch with him semi-often. Your line of logic is reasonable, but I've found the SCT devices to be surprisingly capable over the years and multiple cars so I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

SHOnUup

LME - Unleashed ecoboost platform reality show. Could be interesting. Lol

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Josephm

Torrie is the man. I've been at our local VP racing fuel distribution center and sent Torrie an email asking about gas, and he emailed me back immediately. I've sent him logs while at the track and received update tunes while still at the track.

Your not going to get weekend service from LMS, probably not even same day.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

ZSHO

Lately my blood pressure has gone through the roof with all this bickering and nonsense,best thing to do is go over to the SHOFORUM where theres less activity.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

LME tunes don't require constant contact as datalogging does. My request for updated tunes for 3bar was sent in on the weekend and I received on Monday. Hard to compete with Torrie ' s response times as he seems to be hardwired into the Web himself.

Rich

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on October 09, 2014, 09:51:06 PM
Lately my blood pressure has gone through the roof with all this bickering and nonsense,best thing to do is go over to the SHOFORUM where theres less activity.
No need to stress it buddy.

If anything, the support we show to our respective tuners let's the ones asking know they are on the right track.

Rich