• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BMW M5

Started by bigmoneycloser, September 06, 2014, 07:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayskycj

This would get so much more attention (if you into that sorta thing):

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4585499785.html

2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

bigmoneycloser

This is great info...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

bigmoneycloser

Quote from: lejeunebimmer on October 03, 2014, 02:07:44 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on October 03, 2014, 05:41:42 AM
Good info!  Though I am surprised about the brakes.  We hear complaints with the Ford OEM brakes all the time, but BMW brakes are renowned albeit dusty.

Oh the brakes stop very well indeed. The problem is they start to fade after just a couple of high speed brake applications. On the street this is likely to never be a problem, but take it to the track and it can get hairy.

Here's a question.. If I didn't want a manual trans Becuase this will be my DD and sometimes I am stuck in NJ traffic.. Is it better to go with newer model like 2013?

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

MDesign Performance

I would go with a Audi S6. It's $20K or so cheaper, better MPG, great in snow.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2013-audi-s6-vs-2013-bmw-m5-2012-mercedes-benz-e63-amg-comparison-test

Spend $1500 out of the $20k you save for a APR tune and drive it like you stole it.

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_40tfsi_s6s7.html
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

bigmoneycloser

The S6 is the other one on the list.... Thx

2014 Explorer Sport 401A

lejeunebimmer

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on October 04, 2014, 10:10:10 AM

Quote from: lejeunebimmer on October 03, 2014, 02:07:44 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on October 03, 2014, 05:41:42 AM
Good info!  Though I am surprised about the brakes.  We hear complaints with the Ford OEM brakes all the time, but BMW brakes are renowned albeit dusty.

Oh the brakes stop very well indeed. The problem is they start to fade after just a couple of high speed brake applications. On the street this is likely to never be a problem, but take it to the track and it can get hairy.

Here's a question.. If I didn't want a manual trans Becuase this will be my DD and sometimes I am stuck in NJ traffic.. Is it better to go with newer model like 2013?

I honestly don't know. I haven't driven an F10 M5 yet, nor worked on one, nor are there many out there with 30k+ miles on them yet to really see.
2014 Taurus Sho PP Ruby Red
BOV VTA, 50% Tint, ClearBra, LED Puddle lamps, LED license plate lamps

2012 Deep Blue Pearl Edge Limited AWD