• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Looking to switch to unleashed

Started by brandont, August 25, 2014, 06:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandont

I'm looking on switching from lms to torrie. I have a 2013 sho with an airaid cai, corsa catback, 170 tstat, and 3 bar map sensorsl. What gain should I look forward to getting??

SHOnUup

Definitely the ability to have areas that you personally want tweaked a little adjusted to your liking.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ShoBoat

Having the pleasure of dealing with both I can say you can't loose. Torrie is a great guy and he responds really quickly to requests. Almost too quickly lol. He has done wonders with my buddy's trailblazer ss. Customizing your tune on the fly is going to be your biggest plus with Torrie.

Unfortunately we don't all have the luxury of living close to LMS. It would be freaking awesome if they came out with a data logger that way we could customize our tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

IHeartGroceries

With a 2013 m/y, you can play around with some E!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

brandont

Ya @shoboat if I lived closer I could get it dyno tuned but that's a one time tune and I need to be able to adjust. Thanks!!!

Livernois Motorsports

All our tunes are custom and can always be tweaked to anyone's liking.  They are custom designed by our tuner and run on the Dynojet with vehicles that we purchase.  Tunes are then adjusted for various strategy codes.  We also upgrade our tunes on a fairly regular basis ie: Stage 4, 4+ and 4X reaching for the pinnacle.  They are not "canned" tunes that could be used on any particular model/engine across the board.  Our goal is to make tuning adjustments safely for as many parameters as possible and still maintain great daily driver integrity. Performance Driven, Race Proven by 1000's of dyno runs and time slips.

SHOnUup

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on August 25, 2014, 11:57:48 PM
All our tunes are custom and can always be tweaked to anyone's liking.  They are custom designed by our tuner and run on the Dynojet with vehicles that we purchase.  Tunes are then adjusted for various strategy codes.  We also upgrade our tunes on a fairly regular basis ie: Stage 4, 4+ and 4X reaching for the pinnacle.  They are not "canned" tunes that could be used on any particular model/engine across the board.  Our goal is to make tuning adjustments safely for as many parameters as possible and still maintain great daily driver integrity. Performance Driven, Race Proven by 1000's of dyno runs and time slips.
That's what sold me...all that stuff^^^
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

elund126

I can't tell you anything about gains by switching from LMS to Unleashed ,but I can tell you that Unleashed has amazingly quick responses to all e-mails. Even all my stupid questions, they answer!! I've never dealt with a business that has such great service!
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

SHOnUup

Quote from: elund126 on August 26, 2014, 12:37:45 PM
I can't tell you anything about gains by switching from LMS to Unleashed ,but I can tell you that Unleashed has amazingly quick responses to all e-mails. Even all my stupid questions, they answer!! I've never dealt with a business that has such great service!
Don't be afraid to call LMS either. Each time I've called, even for other members issues, they always took time to explain to me what I was looking for.

2 best ones out there, can't go wrong with either.

kinder

I don't think you should plan on switching just for "gains" as I don't think you will find any. Both tuners truly know these engines and what they are capable of.

The only real reason to switch is for service. If you feel that LMS is not responding/ taking care of you the way you want then try Torrie.

IMO :)
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: kinder on August 26, 2014, 01:00:25 PM
I don't think you should plan on switching just for "gains" as I don't think you will find any. Both tuners truly know these engines and what they are capable of.

The only real reason to switch is for service. If you feel that LMS is not responding/ taking care of you the way you want then try Torrie.

I would bet that a tune from LMS vs a data logged adjusted tune from Torrie would see gains
I almost got BigMac to let me do the difference as he has a MyCal and I have an SCT that we could use.
Maybe in a few weeks when he's not busy. Hopefully by then Erick@LET will be able to do a tune as well.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOnUup

That'd be cool to do at the track and compare times. You unleashed guys need to update those times to the list. ALOT of LMS at the top of it.

kinder

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 26, 2014, 02:14:45 PM
I would bet that a tune from LMS vs a data logged adjusted tune from Torrie would see gains
I almost got BigMac to let me do the difference as he has a MyCal and I have an SCT that we could use.
Maybe in a few weeks when he's not busy. Hopefully by then Erick@LET will be able to do a tune as well.

So LMS doesn't modify their tune for individual customers...
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on August 25, 2014, 11:57:48 PM
All our tunes are custom and can always be tweaked to anyone's liking.  They are custom designed by our tuner and run on the Dynojet with vehicles that we purchase.  Tunes are then adjusted for various strategy codes. 

Now before you start assuming I'm drinking the LMS Kool-Aid please note that I'm all stock on this car. Also I  have stated in other threads that when I do toss a tune on it will be Torrie as he runs the SCT TSX. I'm just grateful we have at least 2 great tuners to work with us. :)
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Wilson

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 26, 2014, 02:14:45 PM
Quote from: kinder on August 26, 2014, 01:00:25 PM

I was supposed to go see Erick@LET last week and got caught up with finalizing the sale of my house/moving. I need to schedule a time with him to drop off the SHO for a week.
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires