• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

**Help Needed**

Started by SHO-TYM, August 10, 2014, 09:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO-TYM

Quote from: ZSHO on August 11, 2014, 09:57:55 AM
Everything was covered under warranty,if thats not the case you figure 116.00 ea axle bearing and hub assembly from Tasca part # BT4Z-1104-B,heavy duty grease and 3hrs labor give or take a reasnable quote would be less than 600.00,hope this helps.
Mine is a 2011 with 56k miles. Would it be covered under warranty?
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

ZSHO

Speak with your service advisor or stop by the dealer early in the morning and explain to them the symptoms your having,best of my knowledge that should be covered for 3yr or 60k coverage,they will most likely have to do some diagnostics first then go from there,try to do it asap,good luck.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHO-TYM

Quote from: ZSHO on August 11, 2014, 10:33:46 AM
Speak with your service advisor or stop by the dealer early in the morning and explain to them the symptoms your having,best of my knowledge that should be covered for 3yr or 60k coverage,they will most likely have to do some diagnostics first then go from there,try to do it asap,good luck.

I have an appointment in the morning to have the sound looked at by my dealer.  I called them and they said if it is a wheel hub then that is covered under factory warranty (5yr/60K).  So my next question is, I need to replace my 3 bar sensor with factory 2 bar, and reflash back to stock tune.  I guess I need to put the factory air box back on as well right? And should I undo my Blow off valve vent to atmosphere mod?
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

2 bar, no blow off VAM , stock tune and then 15 minute battery disconnect and some add cruising time before going in. Think the CAI is ok?
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 11, 2014, 10:57:20 AM
2 bar, no blow off VAM , stock tune and then 15 minute battery disconnect and some add cruising time before going in. Think the CAI is ok?

ok, so I will change back to 2 bar, then undo my VTA mod, flash back to stock tune, and since the intake is such an easy change, I will just put it back on.  My last question is, what in the world do I do about the god awful noise my exhaust makes?!? The drone is unbearable..... that isn't going to void my warranty is it? I made the mistake of chopping off the two rear mufflers..... stupid....STUPID
Road & Track Article

ZSHO

Your delete mufflers have nothing to do with your front end and the noise you are reproducing,CAI IS O.K,my dealer had to order the hubs,good luck.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHO-TYM

2011 Ford Taurus SHO Problem: http://youtu.be/0Y3srcCca7M

There is the video of the sound it makes. In the video, I am coasting with no exhaust note coming out.... all the noise is from the humming of the wheel. Everyone still think it's the hub assembly?
Road & Track Article

glock-coma

From that video it sounds like the hub assembly.

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOnUup

From no sound to that is pretty crazy for hub assembly. But the comment about the quick cooling from puddle really tingles my common sense bone the right way.
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 11, 2014, 09:47:16 PM
From no sound to that is pretty crazy for hub assembly. But the comment about the quick cooling from puddle really tingles my common sense bone the right way.
I know.... we went camping in the mountains for the weekend, so there was some pretty spirited driving coming out of the mountains, and then to do a rapid lane shift and slam into a puddle at 45-50 mph after driving for 2 hours. I'm sure everything was really really hot, and then throwing cold rain water all over everything could cause some pretty nasty stuff.
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

And when you turn left it doesn't get louder and then right turn would calm the noise. Turns that are actually getting the weight transferred that is. Weird.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 11, 2014, 09:55:22 PM
And when you turn left it doesn't get louder and then right turn would calm the noise. Turns that are actually getting the weight transferred that is. Weird.
There is no change in sound going left or right. The only thing that changes the sound is speed increasing and decreasing
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

Rotors not extra hot is it like a froze caliper...maybe half shaft?

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 11, 2014, 09:57:40 PM
Rotors not extra hot is it like a froze caliper...maybe half shaft?
Possibly.... but when driving straight and I let go of the wheel the car doesn't pull to either side. It tracks straight
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

Noise still there at low speeds like 10 mph