• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

**Help Needed**

Started by SHO-TYM, August 10, 2014, 09:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Could be a loose pad in the caliper, very possible. Or the little silver bracket the pad ends sit in could've gotten pushed to one side causing a consistent noise.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 11, 2014, 08:21:22 AM
Could be a loose pad in the caliper, very possible. Or the little silver bracket the pad ends sit in could've gotten pushed to one side causing a consistent noise.

it could be, but I would think that the little clip would cause a high pitch "tingy" noise if it were rubbing.  This sounds like I have big mud tires on the SHO.... sounds just like a lifted truck with nobby tires
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

Ahhh. That description screams hub assembly (wheel bearing).
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 11, 2014, 08:29:46 AM
Ahhh. That description screams hub assembly (wheel bearing).
That's what I am leaning towards. What do you think that would cost at the stealership?
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

I have no idea on cost, I know when I replaced the hub assembly ' s on my trailblazer that the good ones were almost double the cost of the cheap assembly and was very easy to do.

SHOdded

If you get it for free at the dealership, do it.  Otherwise, consider getting the Timken heavy duty hubs instead.  Work well for the 2013+ ...

TIMKEN Part # HA590261 {#8A8Z1104A, 8A8Z1104B, BT4Z1104B}
Front
Rear
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 11, 2014, 08:35:45 AM
I have no idea on cost, I know when I replaced the hub assembly ' s on my trailblazer that the good ones were almost double the cost of the cheap assembly and was very easy to do.

I have never tackled changing the Hub Assembly out on any of my vehicles.  I know that it was expensive on my Tahoe.  I may call and see what their estimate is.  problem is, I am an hour away from my house, but only 2 minutes from my dealership..... so I would have to drive an hour home, return to stock tune, and then drive another hour out to the dealership again.... I may just take it to them and tell them what I have done to it, and to take it easy.... then leave a recording device in the car to capture any hot rodding they may do. haha
Road & Track Article

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOdded on August 11, 2014, 08:38:43 AM
If you get it for free at the dealership, do it.  Otherwise, consider getting the Timken heavy duty hubs instead.

How long can I drive on it if it just started making the noise?
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

If you get it for free at the dealership, do it.  Otherwise, consider getting the Timken heavy duty hubs instead.
Timken is a must, or OEM, anything else and you will be replacing in 15-20k.

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHO-TYM on August 11, 2014, 08:40:16 AM

How long can I drive on it if it just started making the noise?
Really wouldn't want to suggest any kind of time frame as you never know.

SHOnUup

It's a pretty easy job. Basic tools and a torque wrench I'm thinking. Couldn't see it being more than an hour of labor.

SHOdded

Access the free Chilton's manual available through the INFOTRAC link on this page:
http://hmcpl.org/databases/auto-repair-reference-center

Any half-decent mechanic should be able to do this job.  No bearings to press into the hub or anything, hub/bearing is an assembly.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

When car is jacked up, grab wheel at 12 & 6 position and wiggle to check for unusual play. You can also at this time turn car on and put in "N", turn off, then grab the spring with one hand quite firmly and spin tire with other hand. If you feel the vibration in spring that is also a sign of hub assembly failure. Good luck.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: ZSHO on August 11, 2014, 09:25:30 AM
The dealer performed the two front wheel hubs,bearings and the TSB washers,basically give or take 3hrs labor,need the proper tools if not take it to the dealer and not as a simple task as some might think.
What did that run you  as far as cost goes?
Road & Track Article

ZSHO

Everything was covered under warranty,if thats not the case you figure 116.00 ea axle bearing and hub assembly from Tasca part # BT4Z-1104-B,heavy duty grease and 3hrs labor give or take a reasnable quote would be less than 600.00,hope this helps.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|