• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sealing Airaid Intake (Take 2) Comparison Modded K&N vs Stock VS Modded Airaid

Started by ShoBoat, August 09, 2014, 05:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

Also hope she gets well soon.   First mod I did.  Remove engine cover.  All they do is make them engine look pretty and hold heat. It was off the car as soon as it got home
2013 SHO

ShoBoat

Glad to hear it! Interesting, I did notice on mine that without the cover in place it seemed to cool faster. However in stop and go it seemed to climb faster also. It just seemed more volatile. I am going to have to do some logging with FORScan to really see what is going on. It does make sense that it would hold the heat in. Buh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ZSHO

I tried it with the cover off for a while and noticed why such thick insulation under the cover?probably for protection against something breaking like heater or radiator hose and you have to take consideration that the fuel line and fuel filter is right in front,so i put the cover back,you could remove that thick piece of insulation and add a heat shield on the engine cover just like they have already done so on the bottom cover and probably see some lower IATs,just my 2 cent.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

After a few days with the modded box I'm noticing zero knock events. Have not been able to replicate the .5 to 1.5 knock I was seeing from a stopped wot (the .5) or from a rolling 50 wot (the 1.5)
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ecoboostsho

Good to hear! I definitely get less events but have seen a part throttle 2.0 up a hill when it didn't downshift (90+ air temps though) WOT however is zero so far!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ShoBoat

Great to hear! I have for the past few days being dealing with a very annoying 1.5 to 2 KR at WOT. Seems like my initial report on the NGK plugs may have been premature.

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

ShoBoat

Quote from: Josephm on August 19, 2014, 09:23:42 PM
Shoboat are you sure it isn't the fuel?

Nope, not sure at all. But I am going to be keeping an eye on it.

FoMoCoSHO

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO

It would probably be wise to use the warning function on that gauge....

ShoBoat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 19, 2014, 10:38:16 PM
It would probably be wise to use the warning function on that gauge....

Yup, I have mine set at 4.5.

ShoBoat

Ok gentlemen, I now have in my possession the last weatherstrip from Airaid.

From the email response Airaid states that they didn't use foam because it won't last as long as the blade and blah blah blah..... We already know that. But again in their defence they have shipped me what ever I asked for. With the exception of the foam. You will have to get that yourself. So to that end now it's up to you. The taller blade will last longer than the foam, it will seal pretty decently. The foam will seal slightly better and fit is also better with the foam (it doesn't push up on the hood as hard). I will update the how to for both at the beginning of this thread. 

SHOnUup

Think I received the tall one right from the start. Mine definitely wasn't as small as that little one.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.