• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3 bar tune

Started by SHOnUup, July 28, 2014, 09:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Maybe the re-flash works better for a 0-60 than a 1/4 mile time?  ECU's probably a tiny bit more conservative while re-learning the strategy too.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Living and learning. IAT1 was crazy hot at over 110* (69 ambient). Was tough to watch for a blast of hot air at wot with the tree having my attention first 3 runs. Last 2 I was eyeing the rpm's thinking the 12.8 was a launch issue.

1st 2 right off the street

2nd set after re-flash
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

PokerMunkee

Congrats on the 12.6!  Just a handful of 4 door luxury boats can achieve that or better.  I definitely think you'll see 12.5's soon, almost there.  Will you be happy with a 12.5 or will you want a 11.99 eventually? lol
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOnUup

Quote from: PokerMunkee on August 07, 2014, 12:26:50 AM
Congrats on the 12.6!  Just a handful of 4 door luxury boats can achieve that or better.  I definitely think you'll see 12.5's soon, almost there.  Will you be happy with a 12.5 or will you want a 11.99 eventually? lol
Thx...and my ultimate goal is the engine build through LMS...shhhh, the woman doesn't know yet!
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

PokerMunkee

Nice!

Do you have down pipes or just tune+3bar?
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOnUup

Brucelinc

Nice SHOing, SHOnUnp!  I know the reflash usually makes the transmission shift harder but it sounds like you confirmed that it is counterproductive for the engine tune.   Good to know.

SHOnUup

Quote from: Brucelinc on August 07, 2014, 08:13:16 AM
Nice SHOing, SHOnUnp!  I know the reflash usually makes the transmission shift harder but it sounds like you confirmed that it is counterproductive for the engine tune.   Good to know.
Thanks Bruce. That harder shifting we feel after a re-flash definitely isn't a quicker time getting shift.

SHOnUup

Had highest reading of boost yet the other day. 16.4 seems a little high for these turbos doesn't it?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 11, 2014, 11:33:54 PM
Had highest reading of boost yet the other day. 16.4 seems a little high for these turbos doesn't it?
That's about my peak also, doesn't seem to be an issue besides a little higher than stock EGT's.

SHOnUup

Didn't have the boost gauge functioning with the 2 bar tunes, so I can't really compare what it was pulling boost wise prior. This much boost has to be working those turbos quite hard.