• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3 bar tune

Started by SHOnUup, July 28, 2014, 09:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Sent email to tuning@lms for an updated tune containing my info this weekend.

Is that the correct area to send or should I call also?
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 28, 2014, 09:26:48 AM
Sent email to tuning@lms for an updated tune this weekend containing my info this weekend.

That is correct.  They normally have about 150 emails from the weekend that they have to try and get throught when they get there Monday morning.  They told me if I send in a request on the weekend, then expect a reply by late Monday, or early Tuesday.  Hope this helps
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHO-TYM on July 28, 2014, 09:46:07 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on July 28, 2014, 09:26:48 AM
Sent email to tuning@lms for an updated tune this weekend containing my info this weekend.

That is correct.  They normally have about 150 emails from the weekend that they have to try and get throught when they get there Monday morning.  They told me if I send in a request on the weekend, then expect a reply by late Monday, or early Tuesday.  Hope this helps
Thanks. They have something like 4 email headers and wanted to make sure I wasn't in wrong area. Figured the "tuning" one was it but you never know.
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Go to LMS site and click contact us,put in your info and your current mods and what you want in addition and fill out the captcha and click send form,expect 2 to 3 days for updated tune file.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

vernonator

so...$24,000 question - what does the 3bar get me AND what tuner device supports it? I know how/where to get the 3bar sensor and such....just wonder if I can use it with an SCT tuner.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

Brucelinc

Quote from: vernonator on July 28, 2014, 02:55:24 PM
so...$24,000 question - what does the 3bar get me AND what tuner device supports it? I know how/where to get the 3bar sensor and such....just wonder if I can use it with an SCT tuner.

LMS will provide a 3bar tune for your SCT device but there really isn't much point in doing that.  You would need their new 4X tune and it's higher boost levels to take advantage of the 3bar sensor and that requires the MyCal device.

I finally traded in my SCT for a MyCal so I could use the 4X and 3bar.  You might want to contact them about doing that.  They require a 160 degree thermostat with the 4X tune, too.

SHOnUup

Quote from: Brucelinc on July 28, 2014, 03:20:37 PM
Quote from: vernonator on July 28, 2014, 02:55:24 PM

LMS will provide a 3bar tune for your SCT device but there really isn't much point in doing that.  You would need their new 4X tune and it's higher boost levels to take advantage of the 3bar sensor and that requires the MyCal device.

I finally traded in my SCT for a MyCal so I could use the 4X and 3bar.  You might want to contact them about doing that.  They require a 160 degree thermostat with the 4X tune, too.
Bruce...the my calibrator also supports the 3 bar 4x+ right? Not just the mycal, as that's what they call the one with the display monitor.

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on July 28, 2014, 11:56:39 AM
Go to LMS site and click contact us,put in your info and your current mods and what you want in addition and fill out the captcha and click send form,expect 2 to 3 days for updated tune file.
Thanks...sent email Saturday morning. Getting pretty close to the end of working hours today, looks like another day of anticipation is on deck. Some ideal temps outside at 63* right now.

Brucelinc

Oh yes, the Mycalibrator is the one I have and it will handle all of the LMS tunes. 

SHOnUup

Got the email with tunes!!! For some reason I can't get them loaded to tuner. Why me, downloaded into same area, maybe naming them threw it off. Will try for 4th different time now.

SHOnUup

Weird it says to run file 1, but when attempting that, it says cannot find installer program.

SHOnUup

Restart cpu,  all is good...cmon grill, cook that food I want to go for a ride!

Brucelinc

SHOdded

OT:  which MyCal do you have, you guys?  The latest non-touch one?  WickedSHO needs help pulling the strategy code.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

I have latest non touch. Car started with no codes and not even harsh. LMS warning with tune stated hard shifting until car learns driving habits. LOL, no hard shifting at all, car must have felt me sit down in it. Really sucks that as soon as I get down the road to an on ramp to the e-way, it starts misting rain. Perfect on ramp with light, 2 lanes, and a good 1/2 mile before a curve you can take at 90+ a little bit. Do the normal 2100 rpm launch and total tire hop...hits from a roll were much quicker on response time and pulled harder. Can't wait for the track to see what the times are like. Butt dyno has me saying I wish I knew about this when I got the tune.