• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

So,... Challenger Hellcat...

Started by AndyMan04, July 24, 2014, 08:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyMan04

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1407_2015_dodge_challenger_srt_hellcat_first_drive/

... Talk about over kill... :-  707hp is beast... Like ridiculously beast...
Even though the GT500 is 40hp shy of this thing, it's still nearly 400 lbs lighter than this challenger... I just can't figure out how this can get 11.2 on 1/4 mile times while the shelly just gets 11.7 times. That's a half second difference. You would think the live axel from the gt500 would be  more benifical at the track but that's not the case here. And the Challenger does 11.2 with 275 wide tires too... Skinney tires for a muscle car don't you think?

But still, give credit to where it's due...  :bravo: Chrysler did alright with this build.
Looking forward to the new generation of pony cars this era.
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

ShoBoat

^^ it must be gears and that new 8 speed transmission. That is damn quick. It will go 10s with slicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SRT82ECOBOOST

Hellcat is indirectly why I am selling my SHO. All the Mopar guys are drooling over the cat and looking to get rid of their current Challengers, Chargers and 300's. Some truly remarkable modified, low mileage Mopars out there right now and more to come. Tough to keep the SHO when I can transition into a fully built V8 muscle car that will cut 10's at the strip all day long.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

SHOnUup

Starting price of 60k bare. Only couple thousand if, being built first year. Heard it went 10.7 on street legal drag radials!!!
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Hard to blame you. Fast and cheap are hard to ignore.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

AndyMan04

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 24, 2014, 09:47:19 AM

you're right. Base price for a gt500 is 56k. Definetly in the same range... Maybe the new gt500 will get a similar tranmission to keep up with this badass. Maybe some better tires too.... Not to dis Chevy but the ZL1 is got a long way to catch up. Perhaps if they use the ZR1 tune maybe it could be comparable.
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

panther427

They are beautiful in person.  Love the new hood.

Chevy claims that is a road course car not a drag car
2013 SHO

SHOnUup

Imagine throwing down money on a new challenger srt8 and then Chrysler smacking you in the face with this huge upgrade the next year.

wasinger3000

Quote from: AndyMan04 on July 24, 2014, 09:54:04 AM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 24, 2014, 09:47:19 AM

you're right. Base price for a gt500 is 56k. Definetly in the same range... Maybe the new gt500 will get a similar tranmission to keep up with this badass. Maybe some better tires too.... Not to dis Chevy but the ZL1 is got a long way to catch up. Perhaps if they use the ZR1 tune maybe it could be comparable.
You know drag times are cool and all but driving in a straight line is.... just that.

Ford is gearing the gt500 towards curves. Which I'd much rather have it be capable of. Just a tune on the gt500 will net well over 700hp. I wouldn't get all caught up in this production number of 707.

Someone with a 10k build  could pull 9 ' s in a straight line. It's the curves that prove a car.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 24, 2014, 09:58:29 AM
Imagine throwing down money on a new challenger srt8 and then Chrysler smacking you in the face with this huge upgrade the next year.
Big difference between a $40,000 SRT-8 and a $60,000 Hellcat.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged

SHOnUup

Are they stopping production of anything for the hellcat?

SHOnUup

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on July 24, 2014, 10:06:14 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on July 24, 2014, 09:58:29 AM
Big difference between a $40,000 SRT-8 and a $60,000 Hellcat.
Good point.

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 24, 2014, 10:08:34 AM
It has been reported that the 300 SRT-8 will cease production due to lack of sales in the U.S.. Which is too bad since that is my favorite SRT-8 variant they make right now. I will take mine in white with the black chrome rims please.

SHO-Time

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on July 24, 2014, 10:11:16 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on July 24, 2014, 10:08:34 AM
It has been reported that the 300 SRT-8 will cease production due to lack of sales in the U.S.. Which is too bad since that is my favorite SRT-8 variant they make right now. I will take mine in white with the black chrome rims please.

I agree, I've owned a few SRTs and the Chrysler 300 SRT8 is probably my favorite one...especially the current version.
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*