• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

So,... Challenger Hellcat...

Started by AndyMan04, July 24, 2014, 08:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

I like the Hellcat but not the noise. The best part about the SHO is I can do the 25mph 2-1 WOT downshift 50 feet away from a cop and they don't even notice.

I love the stealth that our beloved SHO's provide.

SHOnUup

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 19, 2015, 10:21:02 PM
I like the Hellcat but not the noise. The best part about the SHO is I can do the 25mph 2-1 WOT downshift 50 feet away from a cop and they don't even notice.

I love the stealth that our beloved SHO's provide.
Yeah it is LOUD. Pretty sure he said he can adjust the sound though? He was up for 36 hours straight when he bought it. Lol, crazy hours at Chrysler he puts in. So no ride in it today (his day off). Hope to have some first hand experience here shortly. I'm pretty gitty just thinking about that!

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

So you are saying his judgement was compromised when he made the purchase decision :D  Can't wait for your viewpoint on the new ride!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BlackJac

I passed one of these the other morning on the way to work. His license plate said "707 HP".
2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

sunwolf

Quote from: AndyMan04 on July 24, 2014, 08:21:01 AM
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1407_2015_dodge_challenger_srt_hellcat_first_drive/

... Talk about over kill... :-  707hp is beast... Like ridiculously beast...
Even though the GT500 is 40hp shy of this thing, it's still nearly 400 lbs lighter than this challenger... I just can't figure out how this can get 11.2 on 1/4 mile times while the shelly just gets 11.7 times. That's a half second difference. You would think the live axel from the gt500 would be  more benifical at the track but that's not the case here. And the Challenger does 11.2 with 275 wide tires too... Skinney tires for a muscle car don't you think?

But still, give credit to where it's due...  :bravo: Chrysler did alright with this build.
Looking forward to the new generation of pony cars this era.

My M6 has 285 wide tires and it has trouble with the grip from a launch with 500hp so yea 275 is really skinny. I have a feeling the challenger has so much weight at the back that it can manage with the skinny tires. Also I rolled one with the m6 once and it didn't kill me as bad as expected.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on March 20, 2015, 06:00:55 AM
So you are saying his judgement was compromised when he made the purchase decision :D  Can't wait for your viewpoint on the new ride!
His wife was questioning his judgement, that's for sure.

He got it 9k cheaper than he could find anywhere else and a good trade in on his '12 srt charger. I guess he looked in our state and 2 next to us and there were only 3 total available.

He might throw it on eBay to make a quick 10k he said, but knowing him I doubt he'll do that.

I bet in 3 years this car still has less than 10k on the clock and has never saw rain or snow.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Quote from: SHOnUup on March 20, 2015, 09:10:10 AM
I bet in 3 years this car still has less than 10k on the clock and has never saw rain or snow.

Rich
Ah yes. the Ferrari/Lamborghini category (nods wisely) ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Went to the movies in this thing last night.

It definitely backs up all the hype. Very nimble for a heavy car it felt like.

Rich

glock-coma

Quote from: BlackJac on March 20, 2015, 08:25:07 AM
I passed one of these the other morning on the way to work. His license plate said "707 HP".
That plate should've said "no track" lol 
707 HP with hula hoop like wheels  makes good burnouts but not much else.

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
unleashed 93 performance+boost 3bar
more to come.....

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOnUup

Quote from: glock-coma on April 05, 2015, 10:25:03 AM
Quote from: BlackJac on March 20, 2015, 08:25:07 AM
That plate should've said "no track" lol 
707 HP with hula hoop like wheels  makes good burnouts but not much else.

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
unleashed 93 performance+boost 3bar
more to come.....
I'm telling ya....these cars are no joke.

When you can jump on it at 60, and it feels like launching the SHO from a dig. Whole different ball park. And it actually looks small sitting next to the SHO. The maneuverability and stopping in this beast made the SHO feel like a fat turtle.

Rich

glock-coma

That charger looks bad ass.
I must say I'm a little jelly,
I was considering trading in the SHO once I saw the new body style.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOnUup

I didn't like the front end look from all the pics...but in person it is something special.

Interior dash isn't my style at all, but I'd trade that look for the power any day.

Rich