• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What would you like to see in a new CAI?

Started by Husker02GT, July 16, 2014, 05:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Sounds awesome! At track today IAT1 was out of control at 40+ degrees over ambient on a cool 69* night.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

BiGMaC

What do I want in a CAI....

Most Importantly--> Dyno proven, track proven increased performance documented in the current 3.5TT GDI SHO

black plastic construction to prevent heat soak... If aluminum or SS construction have a black ceramic coating, have good quality SS connecting clamps, and plenty of flexibility to allow for the huge torque roll in these engines.

True carbon fiber for any filter "boxes"

Eliminate the saxophone, but maintain laminar flow, separate smaller diameter tube to each turbo, small enough diameter to speed flow without impeding it. More rapid air movement=less heat transfer to air.

Extra source of "cold" air... Like the inner DS wheel well skin. Bungs for all sensors, etc.

But documented increased performance eclipses all other thoughts.

Just my $0.02

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Wilson

Any update on this?  Trying to hold out for it, but these guys are making it hard with the recently found Airaid "fix".
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SwampRat

SicPerformanceEngineering , Facebook page is gone or link is broken ?
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Husker02GT

Guys this is real and not going to turn into vaporware. I have been crazy busy the past couple weekends and have not been able to work out a time to lend my car to them. SPE has been on my case trying to get my car the last couple weeks, but I have been out of town and not able to accomodate. The plan is to take additional measurements this week, put together the prototype on Sunday, and try to get it on the car with pics early next week.

Initial delays were due to additional required materials, the recent delays are totally on me. Excited to see what he has worked up and share with the group soon.
2011 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - 3D Carbon Spoiler - Tinted Tail lights - 35%F/15%R Window Tint - Powerstop Slotted & Drilled Brakes - MGP Lincoln Caliper Covers - Airaid Intake - MORE TO COME

2002 Ford Mustang GT - Saleen Clone - Full Authentic Saleen Body/Graphics Kit - 18" Chrome Saleen Wheels - Eibach Pro Kit Springs - Tokico Blue Shocks/Struts - Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates - Powerstop Slotted/Drilled Rotors - HPM Subframe Connectors - MAC Cold Air Intake - C&L Intake Plenum - BBK 75mm Throttle Body - Steeda Underdrive Pulleys - Bama 93 Octane Tune - UPR Off-Road X-Pipe - Magnaflow Catback - Pro 5.0 Short throw Shifter - Pioneer AppRadio 2 - Saleen Indiglo Guages - Saleen Pedals - Saleen Build Plate

SicPerformanceEngineering

Hey guys really sorry about the lack of update, I will check the forums here now daily so this will not happen again. Chris did me a huge favor and summed up where we are now pretty well. I have all the material waiting at my shop, just need the car to finish it up. If all goes as planned I will have the car this coming up Sunday and will have pictures ready for you guys Monday.

Again sorry for the lack of update guys.

Hey everyone,

I was able to get started on the intake finally but was not happy with the result so unfortunately I was not able to continue. I did run into more fitment issues the rear turbo is very close to the transmission in the back and had a coupler resting on it and did not want to leave it like that. So I am rethinking a better way of routing this to make for ease of installation and overall better quality. Please bear with me as I work a 50 hour plus full time job as well as trying to finish a roll cage and 3 other turbo manifolds as well as this intake while only doing this one or two days a week a week.

but on a positive note everything else fits up just fine and once I figure out how to successfully get around the transmission without causing a reduction inflow or having anything rest on or close to it I will have this intake complete I am just waiting to see what else will need to be changed or redone.

Thank you for your patience,

Sic Performance Engineering

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Thank you for understanding and as long as you don't mind unfinished pictures I will post progress from here untill a finished product is completed.

Again thank you for your patience.

SHOnUup

Quote from: SicPerformanceEngineering on September 02, 2014, 05:59:28 PM
Thank you for understanding and as long as you don't mind unfinished pictures I will post progress from here untill a finished product is completed.

Again thank you for your patience.

Please do, as we all love some pics!!!
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Quote from: SHOnUup on September 02, 2014, 06:08:00 PM
Please do, as we all love some pics!!!
Love pics of PIDs (Product In Development) even more!  As BBOX mentioned, we'd be glad to give an assist to bringing this product to market :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Thanks guys for all the support! If I can get the car again on Sunday I will give pictures of my step by step progress with everything from sensor locations/fittings I have in place to location and angle of bov recirculation. And the dreaded rear turbo placement issues, so far I think I have a solution it will just be a lot more intense fabrication wise but I will show you guys my two options I have and see which one you guys would prefer.

Thanks,

Also guys I fixed the link in my signature and it's up and running if you want to see any pictures of my previous work.

Thanks,

ZSHO

That is some intense Sic performance Engineering you have there,back to the subject regarding CAI,I think its all about the filter cause my 2004 3.5 liter v6 had a magnaflow street mufflers and a Fujita CAI,the intake literally could be heard inside the cabin when punching it,what also contributed to the excessive noise levels was the ram air was mounted by the wheel well and with that combination of a CAI with a ram air can be heard inside and out to the extreme.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Yes the filter is a variable I look at but a lot of that noise you hear is the cai's ability to quickly and efficiently move air the turbos. This is the most important thing I am focusing on my prototype, intake air temps being second but also keeping in mind that the air coming into the intakes next step is to be super heated and compressed to 900+ degrees. So intercooler/piping with be the most efficient way to decrease iat.

I have a lot of faith in what I have have done for the neon srt4 market with a lot of positive results, I am hoping to bring this to the ecoboost community as well.