• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013/14 Taurus, MKS, Flex, MKT recall for right-hand halfshaft disengagement

Started by Scott13SHO, July 08, 2014, 12:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

The largest recall, of 92,022 vehicles, affects the 2013 and 2014 Taurus, Lincoln MKS, and Police Interceptor sedans, the Flex and Lincoln MKT crossovers, the 2012-2014 Edge and 2014 Lincoln MKX. Ford says the right-hand halfshaft, which is part of the axle, may disengage over time, making the vehicles inoperable

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ford-recalling-100566-vehicles-safety-issues-24467975
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

AndyMan04

2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

IHeartGroceries

Annoying. I need as few dealer visits as possible in my life.
My SHO falls under the recall.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

FoMoCoSHO

IHeartGroceries

Free parts are cozy. But, not necessarily at the hands of an inept or hurried installer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

PokerMunkee

I agree, it's a PITA to take car to dealer.  You have to leave it there all day and get no free service loaner (unless you have an Infiniti, BMW, MB, or other high end car).  My house is 25 miles from the dealer and my office is another 25 miles the other way from my home.  Their free shuttles won't take me to work that is a 50 mile one way drive from the dealer...

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

wasinger3000

I was told I will get a loaner if it's more than a 2 hour job. But I do hate when dealers will not give you a loaner unless you drive something more expensive. At least that's how I've been treated but I'm young so who knows.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

PokerMunkee

I did get a loaner when I got my hubs replaced a few weeks ago.  But I had to push them and he had to get Ford to authorize it. 

Makes you almost want to go buy an Infiniti...
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

ZSHO

If you purchased the car brand new,the same dealership should provide you with a loaner,especially if its a safety issue recall.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

Quote from: ZSHO on July 09, 2014, 06:20:32 PM
If you purchased the car brand new,the same dealership should provide you with a loaner,especially if its a safety issue recall.

The dealership i bought my car from got its staff cleared out and put under heavy review after i bought my car haha. Not going back there ever.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on July 09, 2014, 06:20:32 PM
Not always true, doesn't happen very often.

FoMoCoSHO

The first three cars checked at my local dealership (All 3 PI sedans) did not need the recall.

wasinger3000

Just had my car inspected. They say it is ok... so I guess they just look to if it's falling off. So now I just have to wait for it to fall off. Yay! I guess there us a sync update that only ford can do as well.

SwampRat

This issue was becoming apparent some time ago .....

Quote from: SwampRat on May 16, 2014, 04:49:32 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on May 16, 2014, 03:25:27 PM
Now we need to determine the strength of the halfshafts and the gears/clutch packs :D

I was kinda thinking the same thing , the Police Interceptors with the 3.5 ecoboost are starting to break the half shafts on a regular bases ....

The po po are lead foot's and hard on cars .....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST