• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013/14 Taurus, MKS, Flex, MKT recall for right-hand halfshaft disengagement

Started by Scott13SHO, July 08, 2014, 12:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Actually those statements are warranted I feel after trying to be nothing but helpful, to get condescending remarks from the OP.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOmanMike84 on October 24, 2014, 02:00:32 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on October 24, 2014, 09:36:12 AM
I could relate if this post was regarding warranty issues with a tune,but having a lengthy debate for such a simple matter is appauling,dont come back here and post [HELP] went to the dealer and for no reason they changed my strategy code and cant load my tune,all you need is a tech like the one that poured washer fluid in the labeled cap meth only reservoir to ruin your day,you learn something new in life everyday and usually its from your mistakes.

Did someone not get their morning coffee?? Geez, relax some.
Very professional of you taking your time to highlight that,thank you.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOmanMike84

Quote from: ZSHO on October 24, 2014, 03:32:47 PM
Quote from: SHOmanMike84 on October 24, 2014, 02:00:32 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on October 24, 2014, 09:36:12 AM
I could relate if this post was regarding warranty issues with a tune,but having a lengthy debate for such a simple matter is appauling,dont come back here and post [HELP] went to the dealer and for no reason they changed my strategy code and cant load my tune,all you need is a tech like the one that poured washer fluid in the labeled cap meth only reservoir to ruin your day,you learn something new in life everyday and usually its from your mistakes.

Did someone not get their morning coffee?? Geez, relax some.
Very professional of you taking your time to highlight that,thank you.

You're welcome!

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

ZSHO

First of all if it makes you happy did have my coffee,after four pages thought maybe you will provide a more detailed fact based insight or opinion,obviously based on your remark showed me none.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOmanMike84

Actually I could care less if you had coffee or not! I was attempting to be somewhat humorous, clearly you took offense to it and you continue to badger on.

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

SHOdded

Ok guys, veering way off topic here :) 

First off, Z and Rich are very right to point out the cautions you SHOULD take when you take your "altered" vehicle to the dealer, especially if you don't know the service advisor/tech working on it. 

Second of all, if you have installed componentry (e.g. 3-bar MAP) that can cause all kinds of computer warning bells to go off in the event that the PCM IS updated w/out your being told (some dealerships do that to be helpful), you could run into warranty issues then or later down the road.  You just don't know.  Do YOU want to be the exception to the rule after investing all that time/money in the car?

Finally, I am sure Ford doesn't send out bulletins to owners letting them know a PCM update is available.  Unlike an OS or video card update in a computer, you don't normally find out until you are in the shop, or maybe have a running subscription to alldata or similar service. 

What I don't know is if matters are different between 10-12 and 13+ in encoding/programming that in any material way affects tunes/tuning devices.  But being able to pull the strategy code with the tuning device should get you back on the right path.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Airbornemaikai

When I know they're going under the hood or performing a repair I always revert it back to stock because like SHOdded and others have pointed out, you never know when a tech is going to do you a favor and run extra tests and make sure your pcm is up to date. I have had this happen before I was even tuned when I had to have my dash lcd,s replaced and a tsb performed. Just today having my airbag checked I knew they would have to run a diagnostic so I reverted to stock and removed my 3 bar. It literally took me 6mins to remove the 3 bar, put the 2 bar back in and revert to stock. Once I left dealer I put the 3 bar back in and tuned it again before getting on the interstate. Imo just not worth the risk.
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

AJP turbo

Does anyone have any more detail on exactly what they look for or see? I have a 14' and I put it up on my lift and looked at both axles and didn't see any evidence of the shafts coming out. This is for the passenger side correct?

I yanked and pulled and pushed on the axles in and out and nothing moved or poped in or out so I think I'm good, I'd just like to see what they are looking at exactly
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

http://www.automd.com/recall/campaign_c105946/  Its a recall so no matter if you have warranty or not Ford is obligated to inspect or replace the halfshaft for free,not worth taking a chance inspecting it yourself,if any thing happens down the road the dealer will be responsible cause it will be in the record book that it was inspected or not ,good luck.

AJP turbo

Yeah I've read that but I'd like to see the actual Ford issued TSB. They usually have a diagram and go into more detail on HOW TO inspect or replace parts and how long it takes. I can't seem to find it. They have to do that because most mechanics and dealer techs are just parts changers so I'll take my chances with looking at it myself on my lift. I'd just like to see the formal instruction for the recall.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

jmr061

Jason
16 Edge Sport

AJP turbo

Thank you. That's it. Very simple. That link is much more informative than some of the general explanation that's meant for the public and owners.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress