• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need a volunteer near Southern WI for fuel system plug and play prototype

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 01, 2014, 02:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Andy from Squash has committed to work with someone near Southern WI to create a plug and play kit for the Flex/SHO. Anybody interested in doing this you will get special pricing and work directly with Andy to be able to help the community to have a bolt in kit for our cars. This kit will support additional fuel for regular gas as well as providing enough flow for E50 (50% E85/50% 91) based off of my previous testing.

Let me know if anybody is nearby that can volunteer their vehicle and if need be garage as Andy will come to you.

Thanks!
Mike
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOnUup

If that W was an M, making that southern MI I'd be in. Sounds promising

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

J-Will

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

EcoPowerParts

If you want to volunteer Andy has drive as far as Chicago and other areas south to make things like this happen.
Don't let distance stop you from volunteering, let him make that decision please.
Thanks!
Mike
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

BBOX

It looks like they're about an hour away from me. I'll be honest, I don't know how much interest I would personally have in this mod, BUT if I can help out the community I'd be happy to do that. The major issue I would run in to is my garage facilities, which my dickish HOA won't allow to be used for any kind of work being done on the car, but if it could be arranged for me to make the drive up there I could do that.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BBOX on July 01, 2014, 03:52:33 PM
It looks like they're about an hour away from me. I'll be honest, I don't know how much interest I would personally have in this mod, BUT if I can help out the community I'd be happy to do that. The major issue I would run in to is my garage facilities, which my dickish HOA won't allow to be used for any kind of work being done on the car, but if it could be arranged for me to make the drive up there I could do that.
No interest in cheap HP?

This mod will pay for itself over time, e85 is about $1.25/gal cheaper in my neck of the woods.

Kolk1

Im 4 hours from Chicago, and Typically only work 3 days a week. And the drive doesn't bother me, depending on how often id need to make the trip.

EcoPowerParts

Andy is going to post up later tonight, he wants to get a good idea on the amount of people interested before he goes down this path. I know once you guys see how much power you can pick up from E85 mixing as compared to the cost of the fuel system many will be all over it. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

BBOX

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 01, 2014, 04:20:29 PM
Quote from: BBOX on July 01, 2014, 03:52:33 PM
No interest in cheap HP?

This mod will pay for itself over time, e85 is about $1.25/gal cheaper in my neck of the woods.

Cool story bro. You ever think e85 might not be as conveniently available to everyone else as it is to you? There's one station even remotely near my general area of operation and it's still out of the way for me, and based on the above post it would have to be a 50/50 mix, which sounds like considerably more trouble than I'm even remotely interested in going through. Unless this kit would allow me to eliminate meth and run on pump gas, I would have very little interest in it as I will be able to achieve satisfactory power by adding meth injection.

HoserEH

Hey Guys, this is Andy from Squash Performance here.  Feel free to ask any questions you might have.  I would like to make this as simple to install as possible and I need to make documentation as well.  We're in southern WI so driving to IA, MN, IL, MI are not out of the question.  As Mike said, I'd also like to gauge interest if possible.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Josephm

I am game. E85 is about 25 miles away--- AND it would keep my brother still in the LOSING column of racing since he will be going to E very soon.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

CrazyRacingMan

Quote from: HoserEH on July 01, 2014, 08:23:29 PM
Hey Guys, this is Andy from Squash Performance here.  Feel free to ask any questions you might have.  I would like to make this as simple to install as possible and I need to make documentation as well.  We're in southern WI so driving to IA, MN, IL, MI are not out of the question.  As Mike said, I'd also like to gauge interest if possible.

My brother is in southwest WI about an hour from Madison with his LMS tuned SHO. I will forward this on to him.
2011 SHO Air Raid CAI, 170 DEG T-stat, LMS V8 93 Stage 4+

navbtcret

2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

Txstrmhntr

Andy, welcome to the forum and big thanks for stepping up to take on some development for the ecoboost platform!

I would be very interested in a plug and play system.
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)