• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

Quote from: PokerMunkee on July 17, 2014, 08:48:32 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on July 17, 2014, 04:58:54 AM
Coolio :thumb:

Interested in what the e85 tune does.  I didn't think our cars could run e85. 

How much HP over 91 oct?  Wonder what kind of MPG you'd get with it?
The most we can run is 30% depending on the car. Im at 35% now with great results. On a 91 tune I was making 345-365 tq according to the torque app. After my e30 tune I am seeing 398-405 tq. It is a big improvement since 91 is so weak.  I love it.

There are 5 places that I know of to get e85 in the Springs. So you should be able to run it all the time.

Milage does suffer at 35% on the highway, 79 mph I get an average of 21-23. With a mix of 20% ethanol I was getting 24-27. It seems to be the sweet spot.  But corn is cheap and I love the power of 35% so I'll take the hit.

Here is a calculator I use. Just fill e85 first then put 91 in so it mixes correctly.

http://intercepteft.com/calc.html
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

panther427

Put a few gallons in your car 3 or 4. Even stock I notice a difference in power.  4 gallons is about 25% +- depending on if the e85 is a true 85% corn

It's also possible due to the higher elevation we could run a stronger blend. It's possible we are not taxing the fuel system as hard.  Less air equals less fuel.   Even if it doesn't work that way the extra oxygen in the fuel will help out.
2013 SHO

SHOnUup

Glossifier says "do not over apply", yet no suggested amount of coats...hmmm
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Wilson

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 17, 2014, 10:39:09 AM
Glossifier says "do not over apply", yet no suggested amount of coats...hmmm

Been thinking of playing with Plastidip myself. Are you shooting out of a can or a gun? Can't wait to see the final results!
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SHOnUup

Using the can...worked fine with the black plasti-dip, the glossifier could use upgraded sprayer as I want a consistent layer with it and seems to be a little inconsistent when spaying a long line (long trunk chrome)...i suggest lowes as I stopped at 3 home depots before I got to lowes to find glossifier...lowes also had like 8 colors compared to the depots 2
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Anyone close by their car? I need a pic of the rear of the car. Just the muffler area as I am going to the exhaust shop but don't have a pic of the whole thing. Just close ups. My car is at home since it's muddy and crappy out. I'd appreciate it!!!
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 17, 2014, 11:52:51 AM
Anyone close by their car? I need a pic of the rear of the car. Just the muffler area as I am going to the exhaust shop but don't have a pic of the whole thing. Just close ups. My car is at home since it's muddy and crappy out. I'd appreciate it!!!
This is all I have right now.... not sure this is what you need.  But here ya go
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

PokerMunkee

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

wasinger3000

Thanks guys! I have my exhaust work scheduled for next Thursday. Can't wait to give my car a voice. Tired of the whisper wagon lol.

SHOnUup

wasinger3000

SHOnUup

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 17, 2014, 01:53:48 PM

NOW YOU POST THAT! haha. That's the shot I was looking for.

SHOnUup

Just subscribed...won't let it happen again ...lol