• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: sholxgt on August 18, 2017, 02:11:35 PM
SBS, called it!  Do you use an impact on those clamps?  LOL

Were the clamps included with the hose?  Looks like a great upgrade to ensure no boost leaks in the future.

I hear a rumor he was looking to upgrade to 60mm trim turbos so he can maximize his direct port injection setup... clamps are just an insurance policy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 18, 2017, 10:09:04 AM
Installing the Coilovers tomorrow! Hoping to get some pictures etc... was gonna wait until next week but surgery on Monday is gonna put a damper on that.

@ (SBS) Best of luck with the surgery and hopeful on a speedy recovery my friend and keep us updated. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on August 18, 2017, 06:12:41 PM
Installing the Coilovers tomorrow! Hoping to get some pictures etc... was gonna wait until next week but surgery on Monday is gonna put a damper on that.

@ (SBS) Best of luck with the surgery and hopeful on a speedy recovery my friend and keep us updated. Z

Let's just hope the doctor has steady hands!!!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

dubcitySHO

While changing my oil (Amsoil Signature) today, I found my PTU covered with pink transmission fluid......

:(
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

StealBlueSho

Quote from: dubcitySHO on August 18, 2017, 06:46:55 PM
While changing my oil (Amsoil Signature) today, I found my PTU covered with pink transmission fluid......

:(

That's no bueno... warranty still I hope...

dubcitySHO

No bueno indeed.  Yes still under warranty, so I'm not 'THAT' worried about it. 

I'll have my mechanic diagnose next week.  Hopefully something minor like seals but who knows.

The heaviest concentration of fluid was where the halfshaft was coming thru the PTU, but I couldn't tell if that was the source, or just where it was pooling.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

StealBlueSho

I thought there was a TSB about that issue...

dubcitySHO

Saw this in the TSB list.

• 11-04-20 - 6F50/6F55 TRANSMISSION AWD - FLUID LEAK - BETWEEN PTU ASSEMBLY AND TRANSMISSION CASE

ZSHO

I installed my new Xtreme roof spoiler which the previous one was a bit short. Z
The new one measures 1244 cm (Perfect Fit)for the 13+SHO. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

mrhighcaliber

Finally stopped putting off my rear 2013+ caliper/ rotor upgrade. Been running the 2013+ fronts for over a year now. Also prepped, por15'd and painted all 4 of them. New Bendix fleetlock pursuit pads all the way round. 140mph-0mph fade free stops with minimal pedal effort. My God the stopping power is amazing. Warm them up and they stop quicker. Can't say enough great things about this setup.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Megan coilovers installed with a new wheel bearing on the front driver side. Rides better than ever! Seems like the sho is maxed out until I get money (or even want to) go down the road of having a motor built. Pictures to come when I get her cleaned up.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on August 19, 2017, 04:04:02 PM
Finally stopped putting off my rear 2013+ caliper/ rotor upgrade. Been running the 2013+ fronts for over a year now. Also prepped, por15'd and painted all 4 of them. New Bendix fleetlock pursuit pads all the way round. 140mph-0mph fade free stops with minimal pedal effort. My God the stopping power is amazing. Warm them up and they stop quicker. Can't say enough great things about this setup.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Did you do the break booster upgrade as well?

Wardog692

Best of luck on the surgery, I'm just now recovering myself and the itch to get back under the hood is strong!
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads