• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SCT X4 from Unleashed

Started by Joleat, April 18, 2014, 02:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joleat

I just placed my order for an X4 from Unleashed a few short minutes ago and Torrie has already emailed me a tracking number. This guy seems to be on a level of his own when it comes to customer service. I can email him and have a response in minutes. I don't know how he has time to enjoy all of the cool stuff he has.

BTW, I also have a 3-bar MAP on the way. :)
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

SHOdded

Torrie's faster than greased lightning :D  Gonna get to do a before/after dyno, Joleat?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Joleat

There probably aren't going to be any dynos in the foreseeable future, but I will definitely data log and have the tune tweaked to fit my car.
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

SwampRat

Quote from: Joleat on April 18, 2014, 02:48:59 PM
There probably aren't going to be any dynos in the foreseeable future, but I will definitely data log and have the tune tweaked to fit my car.

Enjoy ... prepare for your cheshire cat grin transplant !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

boltmann

you will notice a night and day difference.   Torrie has been great to work with.  I have been data logging and he has been on the ball with revised tunes. I will be going to the local strip next weekend to see the improvements over the stock tune.
2013 Ford Taurus SHO
Tuxedo Black (cuz black is Bad Ass!!)
402A PP Airaid CAI 91 Tune by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning

Best e.t. 13.59 @ 102 mph w/out tune

Joleat

Swamp, I usually have  Cheshire cat grin when I get behind the wheel in stock form, so I can't wait to see how it evolves with the tune!

Boltmann, I'm anxious to see your "after tune" strip time. Please follow up here once you've had the chance to run it. :)

Joleat

The tuner has been received, it is fully updated, and I just sent an email to Torrie a few short moments ago. Now, I anxiously await the tune. I haven't received the 3-bar MAP yet, so I've requested 4 tunes as follows:

93 Performance (3-bar)
87 Travel (3-bar)
93 Performance (2-bar)
87 Travel (2-bar)

I think that's a good mix of tunes to have on hand. Having the 2-bar tunes on hand even after I have the 3-bar will afford me a level of comfort in the event my 3-bar goes haywire and I have to wait on a replacement. I plan to keep my 2-bar in the car along with the tuner.

EcoPowerParts

Just FYI you can purchase from me as well or Torrie, no difference to you for service or cost $415 from either one of us shipped.
http://shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/Unleashed-Ecoboost-custom-tune-with-SCT-7015-X4-Tuner-7015Unleashed.htm
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Joleat

Torrie was able to get the requested tune files to me earlier and as luck would have it, my 3-bar MAP also showed up today as well! I first tested the 93-octane tune with the 2-bar MAP. There is, without a doubt, a difference in the power and the shift firmness. I am definitely a member of the sub-5 second 0-60 club now and the car continues to pull much stronger in the upper RPMs... in Mexico.

When I first purchased the car, I noticed a slight hesitation at lower speeds that almost felt like slack in the drivetrain. After having a TSB performed on the transmission, I thought it went away. Within the last couple of months, I started noticing it again, but it could be that it has been present all along and I may have just been suffering from placebo effect of the TSB. Anyway, with the addition of the 3-bar MAP, the hesitation seems to have been remedied. For me, that alone is worth the purchase price, but it gets better. Even though my factory BOVs are still plumbed, I can now hear the turbo blow off with the 3-bar MAP 93 octane tune. If those two things do not apply to you, and you do not plan on further performance enhancements beyond a tune, then you'll likely be happy with the 2-bar MAP tunes. Performance wise, the most I plan to do is a cat back and possibly catted down pipes. I'm not even sure that would warrant the 3-bar tune as many folks are running those same mods, very happily, with their 2-bar tunes.

I will be data logging as soon as I have a chance and I do have one thing on my list that I would like for Torrie to address. The initial 1-2 shift is a little firm for my liking. The other shifts are perfectly crisp, but I get a small amount of wheel hop on the 1-2 and it's uncomfortable. This is purely a preference issue and not a complaint. It's actually strange that I get wheel hop on the 1-2 shift, yet the tires still do not break loose from a 0mph start. Some of you guys have mentioned that your cars will spin all the way through an intersection and I can't get mine to spin from a stand still. What gives?! I did manage to get a tire chirp at 50mph... that was quite grin inducing!

In closing, if you are happy with your current 2-bar setup, the performance gain of a 3-bar may seem negligible to you. Although it may be slightly safer if your car spikes above 14.5-14.7psi of boost. I'm glad I sprung for the 3-bar because it seems to have addressed the hesitation issue I was having, but had that issue not been present, I probably wouldn't have went for it. I went into it with hope that the hesitation would be resolved due to all of the comments on the smoothness of the 3-bar and I was not disappointed in that regard at all!

As an aside, I would like to comment on the tune installation process. At one point during the installation, the X4 tells you to turn the ignition on without starting the car. I tried this three times and it gave me an error all three times. Finally, I decided to give it a few seconds before following the instructions and the installation continued without any intervention on my part. When it came time to install the 3-bar tune, I followed the recommendation of a couple members, which is to install the tune and then change the sensor without starting the car in between. When I finished the sensor installation and initially started the car, it threw a wrench. I shut it off and installed the tune again and all was well. The original tune installation may have very well just been bad, but we'll never know.

I'll report back again once I have a more refined tune! So far, I am very pleased!

BiGMaC

Glad to hear it all came together for you Jordan... Happy touring! ... and welcome to the 3BAR ranch!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Joleat

I had a chance to data log the 93 Boost 3 Bar tune today. I'm not sure if I gathered enough information or monitored the correct PIDs, but I used the config file from the "How To" thread on EBPF. I just realized that I logged this information with traction control turned on, so hopefully that doesn't matter. I usually drive with TC off.

The initial log includes a run from 0-95mph, a second burst from 50-75mph, and the remainder is just easy cruising back to the house at around 60mph.

Once I saved the data log file, I did a separate run with only the gauge feature of X4 device. In a 0-60+ run, I spiked to 18.xx psi. After that, I did two pulls from 50-80mph and hit 17.xx psi on both of those pulls.

The car seems to be running pretty strong. The shifts are very crisp. At this point, the only thing I'm not sure I like yet is the WOT 1-2 shift. I've driven the car more than 100 miles in hopes that it would "settle in" and it is still a tad bit on the firm side for my liking. I don't know if what I'm feeling is slight wheel hop during the shift as I had reported in a previous post. I'm not hearing any tire chirping or anything like that. It's more like a bang into 2nd gear rather than a crisp shift like the ones from 2-3, 3-4, etc.

I sent this information to Torrie and anxiously await to hear back from him. Some of you guys have commented that you've spiked to 15-16psi, so a spike to 17-18 was totally unexpected for me. If anything, I figured I'd be the guy stuck down in the 13-14 range. I hope Torrie will be able to confirm that such a high spike is still safe.

BiGMaC

I'll be interested in Torrie's explanation... I'd bet wheel hop on the 1-2 especially if you boost peak of 16.8 (!) was there and the boost is extended very close to the shift.

Please let us know what Torrie says, what he changes, and the explanation of why.... TIA

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

68_GT

sounds like the shift isn't the problem the wheel hop is.

I had that too until I went with new / different tires. Issue solved.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

Josephm

Post up the log. I would like to see!!!
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Needmoreboost

I had Torrie soften the 1-2 shift myself.  Felt like the front end was coming off the car when you brake boosted it.  LOL 

Traction bars would help.  Bambic make this product.  :)
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.