• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SCT X4 from Unleashed

Started by Joleat, April 18, 2014, 02:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson

Lmao, I thought it was just me. WOT on the 1-2 shift will make it feel like the car is coming apart at the seams! I had to train myself to give half throttle until after the shift, then let it rip.

On a side note would either better tires or springs fix that? Is it just a matter of being a better driver?

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

Joleat

As it turns out, the initial config file I was using logged far too few parameters. Since then, our friendly neighborhood boost addict, Jeff (needmoreboost), has hooked me up with the config file that he uses with Unleashed. I've since data logged again and I am awaiting a revised tune from Torrie. I'll report back as soon as I have a chance!
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

SHOdded

Great to hear that, and hope for "the fix" soon :)  (thanks, NMB!)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Joleat

Torrie has asked me to log just a few items to ensure the reported data is accurate. I sent him two additional logs of just the requested necessities and one additional log of about 28 parameters. I'm hoping to have a revision before Wednesday because I'll be taking a 1000+ mile trip.
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Joleat on April 27, 2014, 09:02:54 AM
Torrie has asked me to log just a few items to ensure the reported data is accurate. I sent him two additional logs of just the requested necessities and one additional log of about 28 parameters. I'm hoping to have a revision before Wednesday because I'll be taking a 1000+ mile trip.
Once Torrie has the logs he will distort the space time continuim and you will get the revision yesterday.

Joleat

Haha!

I think we've finally narrowed down the parameters I need to be logging. I just sent through 3 additional logs. While my wife is pretty awesome, I'm not sure she's willing to ride shotgun for future logs. Over the course of the last 48 hours, she's helped me log 10+ times and none of them were usable. I hope these last 3 provide good data!

Joleat

After several data logs and a few revisions, Torrie has reined in the tune to my liking. We started out with boost spikes of up to 18.7. I'm now down to spikes of 15.5 with sustained boost between 13-15psi, which is where I feel comfortable. All logs are returning data that shows everything is within spec. Now, for the true test, I'll be driving the car over 1000 miles beginning tomorrow and going through Sunday.

Woohoo!

Joleat

Update:

The car was driven approximately 1100 miles from Wednesday to Sunday without any problems while running a modified version of Torrie's 93-octane increased boost 3-bar MAP tune. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the version of the tune I'm running has slightly smoother shifts and less boost than the original more aggressive boost tune. On the trip down, the car yielded 30.1 mpg on the first 450 miles of the trip. Much of the middle portion of the trip consisted of short trips through town, and Mexico, with a lot of stop and go. At that point, the fuel economy average dropped to 24.5 mpg. The return trip home brought the total average back up to 26.1 mpg. I don't typically pay too much attention to the fuel economy of the car, but that seems impressive for a loaded down 4500 pound AWD sedan. Had the trip been a little more "relaxed" in pace, I think 28 mpg would have been realistically achievable, which blows my mind considering that I was only able to pull an average of 29 mpg from a previously owned 2011 Ford Focus on the same route.

panther427

That is very impressive indeed. Great power and fuel mileage.
2013 SHO

SHOdded

A great testimonial to the untapped potential of this platform.  Keep us updated on your longterm impressions, Joleat!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

tmcphail

Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer