• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Install Help

Started by panther427, April 14, 2014, 02:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

Yep I switched to an breather about 1000 miles ago. ...
2013 SHO

ShoBoat

Quote from: panther427 on July 01, 2014, 10:26:30 AM
Yep I switched to an breather about 1000 miles ago. ...

Damn you beat me to it lol. Do you have access to a vacuum gauge? I would suggest testing the vacuum at the rear valve cover at idle. Just to rule out a sticky check valve or blockage in the system. My PCV valve was all gummed up when I inspected it a while back. I swapped it out for a new one (cost $7). I also removed the oem catch can the one the rear cover and cleaned it out with a bit of compressed air (20 psi only). Just a few thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

panther427

Hell I was wondering if you need the pcv Check valve with the catch can system. 

Also I had a thought for the guys running the css into the air box.  Use half inch air line fittings for a quick release set up.
2013 SHO

ShoBoat

Quote from: panther427 on July 01, 2014, 12:37:27 PM
Hell I was wondering if you need the pcv Check valve with the catch can system. 

Also I had a thought for the guys running the css into the air box.  Use half inch air line fittings for a quick release set up.

I guess you could, however a good working PCV valve would have no flow restriction. I'm not sure how you would connect the hose to the rear cover without it. I suppose you could drill it out and empty the guts out of the PCV valve. Maybe Tracy can chime in and give us his thoughts.

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ShoBoat

The stock valve from the back side.

panther427

SO i have finally gotten something out of the catch can.. This has been thousands of miles plus. Not sure of exact mileage. Anyways it wasn't very much, not even an ounce. But what did come out had a strong fuel smell with some oil residue.

I double checked the fitting searched for air leaks, unplugged fitting while engine was running to verify i was getting suction from post throttle body to the can then from the rear valve cover. Only odd thing was the engine didnt really idle up when i disconnected the rear valve cover like it did when i removed the post throttle body.

Im happy to finally get something. Im happy that it is so little but also makes me worry its not working correctly due to the car being mounted in the warm engine bay..

Also disconnected the center port and sprayed brake clean in there to make sure the drain line wasnt plugged up. Since i'm using a remote drain.
2013 SHO

ZSHO

If anyone can provide me with any updates or pics of the RX catch can,and has anyone found a better,cooler area to install it,and has anyone actually really benefited with actual results on there SHO,was just curious with Tracy not being active,thanks.Z.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|