• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Install Help

Started by panther427, April 14, 2014, 02:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimiJak

Yes and no.
The main reason you can't t into the valve cover is that there's not enough forward (into crankcase) suction at the valve cover to pull gasses out of the can.

If the suction were stronger you would still be right. You want fresh air.
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

panther427

well my first attempt of installing failed.. With the parts and time i had on hand i could not mount it like Swap rat as one of my pieces is different.. I think i could get it to fit between the washer fill tube and the intake pipe to TB... But i wasn't ready to drill holes and i needed some 1" or 2" stock to make a custom mount.. Other than that i think its the best spot.. Passenger side infront of the inner fender could work again needed some extra material for custom mount. But seems harder with limited room to run 3 hoses.

I glanced at the driver side.. Doenst look like as much room as the X sports..  Will try again later..
2013 SHO

panther427

Can someone with an Airaid intake get the dimensions of the empty space next to the filter.. Can the Catch Can fit there?
2013 SHO

crash712us

Maybe this can help, this where my remote fill is for my meth tank is mounted. There is a fair amount room next to the filter.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

panther427

Thanks Crash.. i think the catch can would fit nicely there...
2013 SHO

JimiJak

panther427

If I'm not working I'll try again this weekend. I got me some extra metal pieces to mount it either between washer fill tube and intake up pipe or someplace else I dunno
2013 SHO

SwampRat

Quote from: panther427 on April 28, 2014, 11:02:38 PM
Thanks Crash.. i think the catch can would fit nicely there...

It will fit there , you would just need to drill a hole in bottom of CAI box and have a remote drain . I had considered it .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

panther427

Good to know swamp rat.  If I can't get it to fit where gonna want it. Ill have to buy an intake
2013 SHO

SwampRat

Quote from: panther427 on May 01, 2014, 03:23:35 PM
Good to know swamp rat.  If I can't get it to fit where gonna want it. Ill have to buy an intake

I had thought about mounting mine there and since I never finished the plumbing I was reconsidering that as an option .

Better air flow there than I think anywhere else in the engine compartment .

I know a lot of folks diss the AirAid but when I get the Flex , I'm getting one for it . The one in the SHO would fit but my OEM one is gone so it has to stay .

I see it this way ... FirstSHO the only 11 sec SHO has one , crash has one and many others in the low 12' s do as well .

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

panther427

OK got mine installed s located next to windshield washer fill tube and under the intake t b hose.  Kinda tight but overall I'm pleased.  Me and r x had some issues with shipping so I didn't have the correct 5/8 hope so used what I had and it needed a hose clamp. I also need to get another threaded and barbed fitting to complete install.  And last thing is I need to swap out the clear drain hose for the fuel hope as I  have it set for a remote drain.
2013 SHO

panther427

2013 SHO

JimiJak

Very sneaky!!
I like it.

panther427

Quote from: JimiJak on May 05, 2014, 02:22:38 AM
Very sneaky!!
I like it.

Couple more photos.
Thanks sneaky was just an added bonus. I was going for short hose runs and a cooler spot with a place to see my 300 dollar steel can.
2013 SHO

JimiJak

LOL...fair enough. I dig the bright green too! Is that a drawer track?