• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

RX OCC drain results

Started by SwampRat, April 09, 2014, 05:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

As of this time I have decided to go ahead a do a temporary ( for me) plumbing finish for the RX install using appropriate rubber fuel hose .

I Will keep a close eye on things and monitor engine oil and other vitals and check for fluid ( gunk ) accumulation in the can .

I see no compelling reason not to install the RX and can see absolutely no benifit to this gunk accumulating in the intake and IC and the possible harm such accumulation may do to other internal engine components

I see no Compelling reason now for Livernoise to comment because They really have no " skin in the game " and more than likely they do not want to get into another heated debate with another vendor .
I cannot fault them for that .

I know that many members have already purchased the RX .
Some have installed it already , some are waiting to do so when they have time and/or are uncertain about going on with the install . Many others have ordered one and have not recieved it yet .

I am Hoping This Thread can be used to collect accumulation info and maybe mounting alternatives that may make the RX work more effectively.

Many members have no desire to use this system or are exteremly doubtful to its effectiveness ..... To those in that catagory may I respectfully ask that you refrain from posting or at the very least to not make derogatory comments about the product.

THIS IS MEANT TO HOPEFULLY BE OF USE TO THOSE THAT HAVE CHOSEN TO BUY THE RX

I ask members to contribute there experience with the RX , any and all issues associated with its use .

Primary issue being can accumulation and and possible mounting solutions that may make it operate more effectively .

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Tuner Boost

Excellent.

Pulled a CAC today to inspect and clean:

Not pretty, and a 2013 at that, but this is a F-150, not a Flex or Taurus.

RX system is on it now, so will show drain results in future and would also like to remove CAC and recheck (installed aftermarket unit).

JimiJak

Right on! Great idea...a catch can for catch can posts! lol
:alkashi:

--->My XSport Rx Install<---    (with pics! (ooooooooooh))

*edit: Install at 1,700 miles.
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

SHOdded

Thanks in advance to all who can contribute to "real life" data for this product :thumb:  Mileage at time of check/emptying, general driving habits during that time, and oil analysis if any are some of my suggested data points.  Photos that illustrate intake/valve/IC/catchcan condition are also very welcome :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

POPSTAGE2

Good thread.
I will be posting results on our 500 mile X Sport...RX shipped yesterday.
Looking forward to results from others and where they mount them.

Guy
99 500HP LIGHTNING
03 SD 6.0
14 EXPLORER SPORT
AND A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER MUSCLE / DRAG CARS

Tuner Boost

Popstage, I reccomend removing and cleaning the CAC as well to have a fresh start.

POPSTAGE2

Quote from: Tuner Boost on April 13, 2014, 08:17:34 PM
Popstage, I reccomend removing and cleaning the CAC as well to have a fresh start.
e
Even with starting with less than 500 miles? If you say so I will!

Guy
99 500HP LIGHTNING
03 SD 6.0
14 EXPLORER SPORT
AND A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER MUSCLE / DRAG CARS

JimiJak

JimiJak

glock-coma

The temp has been dropping here in NE Ohio recently. I decided to do a drain after about 300 miles since the last drain (almost nothing)
I didn't get this much throughout the entire summer.
So the lower temp definitely yield better results.

Also big thanks to Tracy (tuner boost) for sending me the new billet clean side separator and check valves.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

66 Galaxie

Interesting, out of curiosity where do you have your catch can located?
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

glock-coma

Quote from: 66 Galaxie on October 23, 2015, 09:10:06 PM
Front driver side behind the bumper next to the horn.

ZSHO

Quote from: glock-coma on October 23, 2015, 08:48:12 PM
The temp has been dropping here in NE Ohio recently. I decided to do a drain after about 300 miles since the last drain (almost nothing)

Also big thanks to Tracy (tuner boost) for sending me the new billet clean side separator and check valves.
How is the new seperator going to remedy all that excessive oil you had before being pushed all through the cleanside,thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

glock-coma

Quote from: ZSHO on October 23, 2015, 10:19:37 PM
Quote from: glock-coma on October 23, 2015, 08:48:12 PM

How is the new seperator going to remedy all that excessive oil being pushed through the front clean side ,thanks.  Z
not sure if it will, only time will tell. The new style does not look like it comes apart. So I'll have to periodically check the css hose for oil.

66 Galaxie

Quote from: glock-coma on October 23, 2015, 09:21:40 PM

Quote from: 66 Galaxie on October 23, 2015, 09:10:06 PM
Front driver side behind the bumper next to the horn.
Sounds like a great location so it gets some nice cooler air to help condense any vapors.
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost