• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Found some inexpensive 3 bar map sensors

Started by EcoPowerParts, April 03, 2014, 09:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimiJak

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

mjlkwolfe@gmail.com

Quote from: SHOdded on April 26, 2014, 07:29:19 PM
Early congrats on your 69th! :D  BTW, did you ever get the data you were looking for on the fuel injectors/fuel system?
[/quote
Thanks
Still trying to find out what it takes to Run 100% E85
Would love to be able to use 100+ octane ethanol
Has anyone done it & if so what mods were made
Wonder if larger injectors & higher capacity high pressure pump are required?
Does anyone know the static flow rate of the stock injectors?

Wilson

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 12, 2014, 11:32:24 PM
Quote from: JimiJak on April 12, 2014, 10:36:58 PM
Ford Part No. CX2231

Correct for the MAP sensor... but not the BAR rating...Also on the box will be AA5Z-9F479-A or AA5Z-9F479-B  ... and to make it even more confusing Ford printed AA5Z-9F479-AB on them all.... jeez

So from the little bit of research I've done, CX2231 should in fact be a 3 bar. CX2228 is the 2 bar sensor.

Going to order the one from Auto Parts Tomorrow and see how it goes - http://www.autopartstomorrow.com/part_numbers/537477.

I'll update the thread this weekend with what they send me.  For $82 shipped, I'll be guinea pig and take one for the team, lol.
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SHOdded

Definitely let us know how you fare, Wilson!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

JimiJak

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

Wilson

UPS says it'll be here Monday. I'll be working from home next week, so I'll keep y'all posted as soon as it gets in.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

Wilson

Quote from: Wilson on April 28, 2014, 02:39:22 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on April 12, 2014, 11:32:24 PM
Quote from: JimiJak on April 12, 2014, 10:36:58 PM
Ford Part No. CX2231

Correct for the MAP sensor... but not the BAR rating...Also on the box will be AA5Z-9F479-A or AA5Z-9F479-B  ... and to make it even more confusing Ford printed AA5Z-9F479-AB on them all.... jeez

So from the little bit of research I've done, CX2231 should in fact be a 3 bar. CX2228 is the 2 bar sensor.

Going to order the one from Auto Parts Tomorrow and see how it goes - http://www.autopartstomorrow.com/part_numbers/537477.

I'll update the thread this weekend with what they send me.  For $82 shipped, I'll be guinea pig and take one for the team, lol.

Alright fellas, moment of truth.

Here's what we got...

Looks to me like a 3 bar sensor!  About to head out and install it along w/the updated 3 bar tune from Torrie.  Hopefully this helps someone else out there.  Before I forget, thanks to ShoBoat for the original link.

SwampRat

Wilson. .... You got the right part for sure , $82.00 shipped , can't beat that anywhere I think .

The link in your post is dead though but if you go to the home page link ....

http://www.autopartstomorrow.com/    and put cx2231 in the search box the 3bar comes up ....  at  $82.11.

Still a damned good find and they take PayPal .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SoCalSHO

I ordered the same part a week prior. Used a 5% discount code on line also. Definitely a good deal.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

EcoPowerParts

Yay, affordable MAP sensors just what I want to see for you guys!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

Not sure why they could not be made in the U.S.A.  Wouldn't it be cheaper?  Or is our QC that lousy?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SwampRat

Quote from: SHOdded on May 05, 2014, 06:49:47 PM
Not sure why they could not be made in the U.S.A.  Wouldn't it be cheaper?  Or is our QC that lousy?

Someone could .. I think it is simply a demand issue .

Ford uses Bosch for tons of OEM electronics and  is is one of there primary suppliers .
Bosch is an industry leader and has somewhat of monopoly in this arena  , not that it is a bad thing .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Dxlnt1

Received my 3 bar from Rock auto as well. Someone here told me just make sure the last digit is "B" which verifies it is 3 bar vs 2 bar.

I also just received and loaded today my updated tune for 3 bar. Too much L.A. traffic to test. So I may await a track day at Irwindale to run it hard. Any track days that anyone knows of?
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

Dxlnt1

What are the other 3 bar sensors on the SHO used for? Think they were on turbo outlets. 2 of them.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

FracaSHO

So where exactly is the 2 bar located that gets replaced with the 3 bar?  Pics please. Thanks. 

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP