• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Found some inexpensive 3 bar map sensors

Started by EcoPowerParts, April 03, 2014, 09:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Just an FYI note of caution... I went to the RockAuto site and looked at the CX2231 (same for all 3.5 trans EBs)  for about $82, but if I search specifically for the 3BAR  using the other part of the number, AA5Z-9F479-B,  the price came up $94.... still a darn good price, but the description and pic of the "B" is not a Ford part... Aftermarket may be fine. 

Main point is be very sure you get the AA5Z-9F479-B (3BAR) or equivalent if AM is OK with you,.... and not the AA5Z-9F479-A (the 2BAR)

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

JimiJak

Just for reference; $145.48 on the FordParts site.
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

explorergotoluvit

So when i went to my ford dealer ship to get a 3 bar and the said the only 3 bar maps come from the f150 right? but the guy said there are 2 which one do you want. said know idea can anyone tell me which one and if we need 2 on the xsport
2013 explorer sport
LMS tuner stat 160 3 bar magna flow v8 91 map
k&n H&R spring
retrofit FXR bi-xenon projectors done by lightwerkz 
all lights replaced with leds from daytimebrightlites

JimiJak

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

BiGMaC

Quote from: JimiJak on April 12, 2014, 10:36:58 PM
Ford Part No. CX2231

Correct for the MAP sensor... but not the BAR rating...Also on the box will be AA5Z-9F479-A or AA5Z-9F479-B  ... and to make it even more confusing Ford printed AA5Z-9F479-AB on them all.... jeez

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

Joleat

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 12, 2014, 11:32:24 PM
Ford Part No. CX2231

Correct for the MAP sensor... but not the BAR rating...Also on the box will be AA5Z-9F479-A or AA5Z-9F479-B  ... and to make it even more confusing Ford printed AA5Z-9F479-AB on them all.... jeez

Wait, what? Are you saying that CX2231 merely indicates that the part is a MAP sensor and not necessarily whether it is the 2 BAR or the 3 BAR version? I'm a little confused by the wording "Correct for the MAP sensor... but not the BAR rating...". Please clarify... pretty, pretty please. :)
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

explorergotoluvit

2013 explorer sport
LMS tuner stat 160 3 bar magna flow v8 91 map
k&n H&R spring
retrofit FXR bi-xenon projectors done by lightwerkz 
all lights replaced with leds from daytimebrightlites

BiGMaC

Quote from: Joleat on April 13, 2014, 01:35:44 AM
Quote from: BiGMaC on April 12, 2014, 11:32:24 PM
Ford Part No. CX2231

Wait, what? Are you saying that CX2231 merely indicates that the part is a MAP sensor and not necessarily whether it is the 2 BAR or the 3 BAR version? I'm a little confused by the wording "Correct for the MAP sensor... but not the BAR rating...". Please clarify... pretty, pretty please. :)

You are 100% correct in your interpretation... Below is a link to pictures of ShoBoat's 3BAR sensor and the box showing what I mean.... The second number with "B" as last digit is what's important to be sure it's a 3BAR.  The 3BAR sensor I got came in a box exactly like this from Ford.... but like everyone using them has noted... on the sensor it ends in"AB".

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2521.msg37443#msg37443

Here's pics of my part with the number above, The box with the identifying number, and finally the shipping label from Ford with all this... Hope this clears it up.

BiGMaC

Just a bump so it will come up for you guys in today's posts... see the post immediately preceding this one.

I think this should explain what I tried to communicate about making sure you get the correct MAP sensor (3BAR)

Cheers... and buy cheap... go fast!

Joleat

Insanity! Someone write a letter! I came this >< close to ordering one from RockAuto, but I think I'll just order one from Torrie when I order my tuner.

Thanks for saving my butt, Mac!
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

SwampRat

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/catalog.php

Put CX 2231 into search .... price varies day to day

Pic below is the one I took of mine .

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Joleat

That's what I used to search for the sensor on RockAuto, but according to Mac, CX2231 is printed on the box of both the 2 bar and 3 bar sensors, so it's anyone's guess as to which one you will receive.

SwampRat

Quote from: Joleat on April 13, 2014, 10:36:11 AM
That's what I used to search for the sensor on RockAuto, but according to Mac, CX2231 is printed on the box of both the 2 bar and 3 bar sensors, so it's anyone's guess as to which one you will receive.

Just order it from Rock Auto and you will get the correct 3 bar .....
Many members have bought through them with 0 problems .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

black99lightning

Quote from: SwampRat on April 13, 2014, 10:40:11 AM
Quote from: Joleat on April 13, 2014, 10:36:11 AM

Just order it from Rock Auto and you will get the correct 3 bar .....
Many members have bought through them with 0 problems .

I'm assuming if we get the wrong one, we can return it?
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

BiGMaC

Guys, I'm not saying any vendor (or their part) is bad... and Ford created this confusion actually with a system that's hard to understand.  I just don't want folks getting the wrong part...and tuning for it with crazy results.  Definitely get it as cheap as possible. I just saw/had confusion. per my my first post above... Earlier, I just described my findings when I searched trying to be sure it was what folks wanted... and I saw some confusing things and AM 3BAR sensors at RockAuto... http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2521.msg38720#msg38720

Not  trying to change anyone's plans... just thought everyone should know how to obtain and verify they received the correct part.  We all like to be sure of things even if it's just to speed up the process.  ...and we all like cheap!

black99lightning... don't know why not, but now you can easily verify the correct as well as AM vs OEM with the info here when yours arrives.

Joleat... ordering through Unleashed is one way to be sure since Torrie knows what you want.... but sometimes direct communication before ordering is the key... email or call RockAuto if you feel the need.

service@rockauto.com
1-608-661-1376

Sorry if I stirred anyone up...