• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Swamprat's HotPipe kit with Tial BOV install

Started by SwampRat, March 19, 2014, 06:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 27, 2014, 11:16:19 PM

Both setups still just go PFFFFT when you roll off the throttle... maybe a little louder on the TIAL, but both setups are VTA.

What problem are you asking about? ...I guess I had a senior moment and missed it.

No roll off blow off at all as I had before with VTA on OEM setup .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: SwampRat on March 27, 2014, 11:23:50 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on March 27, 2014, 11:16:19 PM

Both setups still just go PFFFFT when you roll off the throttle... maybe a little louder on the TIAL, but both setups are VTA.

What problem are you asking about? ...I guess I had a senior moment and missed it.

No roll off blow off at all as I had before with VTA on OEM setup .

Hmmmm, see the concern now.... I'll have to think about that... I think it should, that pressure has to go somewhere, unless the opening is big enough not to make a big noise... Now I'm wishing 4DR would chime in

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoPowerParts

The tial is quiet, it's not super super loud. The spring pressure isn't related to boost pressure it's related to vacuum pressure when idling.
http://www.tialsport.com/documents/w3_tial_qqr_sp.pdf
The only thing that really made my car intake loud was when I was using my UBI intake setup and had the air filter in the driver's inner fender.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoPowerParts

BTW, you can test it. Open the hood and put the car in drive and power brake until you get boost and release. Have someone stand to the side of the vehicle and watch for the big plunger to open up (or you might hear it).
If you don't have a second person figure a way to video with your phone and look for it.
The only thing else I can think of is there's a check valve in that line you tapped, I used it for my Flex but it was a 2011. Hook up a cheap vacuum gauge and verify you're building boost and then vacuum on that line. You can pick up a cheap vacuum/boost tester for like $15 at AutoZone.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 28, 2014, 12:44:31 AM
BTW, you can test it. Open the hood and put the car in drive and power brake until you get boost and release. Have someone stand to the side of the vehicle and watch for the big plunger to open up (or you might hear it).
If you don't have a second person figure a way to video with your phone and look for it.
The only thing else I can think of is there's a check valve in that line you tapped, I used it for my Flex but it was a 2011. Hook up a cheap vacuum gauge and verify you're building boost and then vacuum on that line. You can pick up a cheap vacuum/boost tester for like $15 at AutoZone.

Help !

I Did not even think about BOV at idle . I Definitely have vaccum at idle  . On start up BOV opens and stays open in Park , that does not make sense . I'm thinking I may not  have the  T in correct line.

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

Never mind, it should be open - brain fart.
It's at max vacuum and therefore will be open.
If you give it gas does it close? If so working as designed.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

What color spring do you have (you'll need to open the BoV to find out) or read off the box as well. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 28, 2014, 01:23:45 PM
What color spring do you have (you'll need to open the BoV to find out) or read off the box as well. :)

It is white .

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SwampRat on March 28, 2014, 01:30:39 PM

It is white .
Can you measure your vacuum at idle?
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 28, 2014, 01:37:36 PM
Quote from: SwampRat on March 28, 2014, 01:30:39 PM

It is white .
Can you measure your vacuum at idle?
I'll have to get a tester ...
Can't do that till I get back home next week .

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

Do you have torque or any other data logging device? You can get vacuum from those.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 28, 2014, 01:55:33 PM
Do you have torque or any other data logging device? You can get vacuum from those.
Yup .......  Brain fart on all as well , stuff not clicking. I guess then once it is put in drive , vaccum drops and BOV closes then ?

I Can measure boost and Vaccum with the the SCT iTSX  , I guess I need to get on the ball and put Torque Pro on the Tablet as well . I've got the MX adapter , just haven't messed with it yet .
I'll do the above  and recheck all when I get back home next week , SHO's in the garage .

2021 Edge ST

SwampRat

I Should have updated this a while back ..... everything operating as it should.

2021 Edge ST

Josephm

What is the red thing off the red hot pipe near the throttle body? My flex doesn't have that.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SwampRat

Quote from: Josephm on April 09, 2014, 11:41:46 PM
What is the red thing off the red hot pipe near the throttle body? My flex doesn't have that.

Aftermarket Tial Blow Off Valve to handle high boost above 20 psi .

2021 Edge ST