• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Swamprat's HotPipe kit with Tial BOV install

Started by SwampRat, March 19, 2014, 06:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

My install will begin this evening ...

I do all of my own installs as I used to be a Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic .

This is not a  "how to" but I will point out the differences between my install and BigMac's .

Thank's to BigMac for the super deal on this .

I had the upper pipes refinished in RED to go with my LOOK .

Despite the obvious color choice the main thing is my setup uses a TIAL BOV to replace the dual OEM BOV's.

4DR sent me new RED silicone connectors as well .

A few pics of the part's and I'll be back later with more info and installed pic's.

before ...   shipped courtesy of BigMac

After
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bigmoneycloser

God damn it...... I am jealous...lol
Can't wait to see install pics
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

donky4444

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

BiGMaC

Very good!  Been waiting to see the scheme you got start to take shape.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bigmoneycloser

What is the difference/advantage to the tial BOV vs the factory??
I like the tial and if ever ready for XSport that is what I like visually.... But what are the differences?
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on March 19, 2014, 07:54:38 PM
What is the difference/advantage to the tial BOV vs the factory??
I like the tial and if ever ready for XSport that is what I like visually.... But what are the differences?
There is no proven performance advantage.  The TIAL is spring  (pressure) activated and the OEM BOVs are electrically activated.  If the rearmost OEM BOV is unplugged you throw a CEL.  Mike was working on a resistor to fix this, but ever finished when he traded his Flex.  So the rear BOV must be left plugged in and can be secured with a zip tie or something under the engine cover.  Considerations are discussed in my install post of factory BOV hotpipes here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2248.msg32460#msg32460
Otherwise they are both prove to prevent boost leaks even at tuned or upgraded turbo boost pressures.... and they are aesthetically sexy when you open the hood.  These are the only two reasons to do hotpipes currently proven.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

bigmoneycloser

What was your deciding factor to go with factor vs tial?
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

JimiJak

Damn, that's sexy. Can't wait for pics and video!!
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

BiGMaC

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on March 19, 2014, 08:44:02 PM
What was your deciding factor to go with factor vs tial?

It's not completely rational for me... I didn't want something potentially rattling around underhood, even though it has not been reported as a problem, and I just said to myself that there must have been a reason the designers and engineers did it with two that are connected to/controlled by the ECU..... I can't prove that it makes any other difference going either way except perhaps blow off sound.  Either way the system ends up VTA.  It's just a little PFfffft.  I know bpd went with OEM BOVs on his EBPP hotpies 'cuz we PM'd about it... maybe he'll chime in.

Night Hawk

2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

EcoPowerParts

Tial's look cool, that's about the only advantage on stock turbos, on ATP's I don't know if the stock e-bov can handle 20+ PSI of boost but so far BPD's have worked fine at 18psi.
I wanted an aftermarket BoV :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

Kevin... How did it go? ... Waiting... :popcorn: We all wanna see the transformation! 

SwampRat

Sorry Guys , wasn't able to get started last night as planned ...

8 & 10 mm 1/4 standard and deep sockets / 8 & 10 mm ratchet wrenches make for  a relatively easy install 
Stubby flat tip screwdriver as well .

Here are some pics  and I'll add a few tips and thoughts later .,..
None with Engine Cover ... hope to have it back soon ..

Front OEM BOV disconnected and loose wire wrapped in Rubber Electrical tape   and secured to main harness

Lower IC to front Turbo Pipe was left black (clamp adjusted/retightened after pic) can't see it any with AirAid CAI installed

front OEM BOV removed and plug and harness taped with rubber  electrical tape and attached to main harness

Rear OEM BOV Plugged in hanging from engine cover post  until I figure out a way to unplug and not throw CEL ... only applies to  13+models

Inlet for meth nozzle temporarily plugged (not shown ) till I get proper fitting .

With the Tial BOV setup I am fairly certain My RX evac system will have to be mounted somewhere  else  , I am considering mounting it on the side of the AirAid CAI Box .
I wont know for sure until my Engine cover comes back
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

bigmoneycloser

2014 Explorer Sport 401A