• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBDLink info and how to import/export gauge templates

Started by FoMoCoSHO, March 15, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Latest updates as per play store listing
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Updating for new info.

If you want my gauge template for OBDLink download the following file

Change it from .zip to .stg and put the attached file into root/storage/emulated/0

Open OBDLink and go into the settings menu

Once in settings hit the three dot menu button in the top right corner and select Import Settings.

That file has my layout and the extended pids used.

FoMoCoSHO

This is how it should currently look.

FoMoCoSHO

Unlike Torque, if you want to substitute a gauge you don't have to delete it.

press and hold gauge

select display configuration

Under item, select the new pid you'd like to use

Change the title, min/max, decimals if needed, etc.

To change to redlines...

press and hold gauge

select style

on the left side of the screen hit the dropdown box and select range

scroll to the bottom and change the redline values to whatever you want

Deebeaux

I've definitely been working on this software using some of the ones you've (FoMoCoSHO) posted as inspiration for sure. I've attached a picture of where I'm at right now. It's on a Galaxy Note 3. Mostly just playing around, still need to tweak a few things. Yes, I know my LTFT's are garbage. Not sure what happened with that. STFT seems spot on, cruising LTFT seems okay, but idle LTFT is crap. Anyway, I should post that in my OTHER post. :/

I'm replying here to inquire if you found a way to get KR to behave where negative is bad vs. good. Every way I modify the equation, if I try to flip the negative by modifying various parts of it, when I test, I get get "Stack empty." or a similar error. :/ If not, maybe we can both go over to ScanTool.net's forums and picket for change! :)

Oh, and I screwed something up with LPFP actual, as it reads really low. I think I'm converting kPa or something incorrectly. Need to fix that too.

Awesome work. It's this post that really convinced me to get a quality OBD interface vs. the generic ELM327 ones. I even picked up an LX today for the Toyota and planning on putting an Android head unit in it. Having the full 500kbps at my disposal is amazing.
2020 Tesla Model S Performance FSD
[SOLD!] 2014 Tuxedo nonPP | 401A, driver assist, nav, multi-contoured seat | AEM drop-in, Unleashed 3bar 93 tune

FoMoCoSHO

Debeaux, what kind of fuel do you use?

Ltfts look like maybe they have more E in their fuel than they are supposed to.

FoMoCoSHO

So you were able to import my dashboard successfully?

ecoboostsho

I can't remember off the top of my head what's it called but there is a multiplier for conversion to Celsius or something. Just make that -1 and it will give you the desired KR behavior. If you modify the equation you will get a stack error every time.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

FoMoCoSHO

Deebeaux, check your unit settings, liquid pressure may be set wrong.

Deebeaux

I don't remember what station is in this tank. It was a while ago when I filled up and it's the same tank that was in when my injector failed. I will say this, I am switching to 93 100% of the time once this last tank of 87 has gone through. I've only had the car 6 months and have gone back and forth, but after watching real data, it's 93 all the way for me. The fuel that's in there now should be run of the mill Top Tier E10 87. I don't fill up anywhere that isn't, but it'll likely be Chevron 93 E10 for me 100% of the time after this last 1/4 tank.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 12, 2016, 09:27:19 PM
Debeaux, what kind of fuel do you use?

Ltfts look like maybe they have more E in their fuel than they are supposed to.

I didn't try the import yet. I built the one I uploaded the pic of by hand just using your as an example and tweaking it a bit to my liking.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 12, 2016, 09:29:35 PM
So you were able to import my dashboard successfully?

Sweet, thanks! It's labeled "Metric to English Scale Factor" and defaults to 1. I'll try flipping that to -1 and watch it during my morning drive tomorrow.

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 12, 2016, 09:36:20 PM
I can't remember off the top of my head what's it called but there is a multiplier for conversion to Celsius or something. Just make that -1 and it will give you the desired KR behavior. If you modify the equation you will get a stack error every time.

Pressure is set to inHg, Vapor Pressure is set to inH2O, Fluid Pressure is set to psi. I deleted the custom PID and re-did it and it reads sane numbers now. I find that correcting a messed up equation doesn't always work and deleting the PID and making it fresh seems to resolve any oddities that aren't self-explanatory. I've got LPFP Actual and Ignition Timing working correctly now. Looks like I've got room for one more radial and 3 more digitals in my current setup. Just need to pick what I want. :o

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 12, 2016, 09:39:40 PM
Deebeaux, check your unit settings, liquid pressure may be set wrong.

[SOLD!] 2014 Tuxedo nonPP | 401A, driver assist, nav, multi-contoured seat | AEM drop-in, Unleashed 3bar 93 tune

FoMoCoSHO

I actually just experienced my car being tuned first with s*** gas and would highly suggest that everyone put top tier 93 in if available.

The knock resistance just between 93's is pretty substantial.

Deebeaux

Just wanted to confirm this works perfectly. I switched "Metric to English Scale Factor" to -1 in OBDLink and my KR now works as I expected it to (negative numbers mean the car is retarding/pulling timing out.) I switched my gauge label to KC for "Knock Correction" as that's how it represented in the Toyota. Trying to keep the cars the same. LOL.

I've attached my current setup. I was surprised to see -1.00 LOR with this 87 that's in the tank. I'm probably going to rethink how I've got Lambda setup. Probably do two staggered 180 degree left sweep gauges.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Deebeaux on July 13, 2016, 09:37:14 AM
Just wanted to confirm this works perfectly. I switched "Metric to English Scale Factor" to -1 in OBDLink and my KR now works as I expected it to (negative numbers mean the car is retarding/pulling timing out.) I switched my gauge label to KC for "Knock Correction" as that's how it represented in the Toyota. Trying to keep the cars the same. LOL.

I've attached my current setup. I was surprised to see -1.00 LOR with this 87 that's in the tank. I'm probably going to rethink how I've got Lambda setup. Probably do two staggered 180 degree left sweep gauges.

I am also surprised to see -1.00 on LOR with 87

Since my LOR is scaled differently (-1.20) i will hook up today and double check and make sure it is functioning properly.

Deebeaux

I guess I could have something wrong with my custom PID as well. Seeing -1.00 on 87 make me thing something's wrong with the PID. This was the first day I've had it on the display. Although if I had it programmed wrong I wouldn't figure it'd show -1.00. I'll double check it later.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 13, 2016, 10:57:16 AM
I am also surprised to see -1.00 on LOR with 87

Since my LOR is scaled differently (-1.20) i will hook up today and double check and make sure it is functioning properly.

jeffrey13

I've got a wireless OBD II scan tool on its way. I'm curious to what apps the iOS users are using? Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 Ingot Silver Lincoln MKS
LMS 4x Tune, 3 Bar Map Sensor,SP534 Plugs
170 Tstat
K&N drop in Filter